• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we're not counting Ingram's 2017 season? So it's really only been four seasons, 2018-2021. Seems like a coincidental stat. Only Henry last year and LeVeon in 2019 were 27+ and top-6 ADP draftees those years, anyway. (And Henry was an absolute beast when he played.)

Nobody's drafting Fournette or Conner top-6 anyway.
Hold my beer...

Naw, nope, me neither

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was looking at some of the trade threads on the Sleeper app.

Now let me start by stating, that it is my personal view that MOST fantasy owners are more apt to follow the crowd, the hype, whatever player seems to be trending.

I see threads that ask if Dalvin Cook and 2023 first is fair compensation for Walker.

Seriously? Then you start scrolling thru some of the other trade questions, and they are pretty much following the same M.O. Trade Zeke and 2023 pick for Hall or the QB kid for the Steelers. Its crazy what they are willing to give up for a 2022 rookie. CRAZY.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was looking at some of the trade threads on the Sleeper app.

Now let me start by stating, that it is my personal view that MOST fantasy owners are more apt to follow the crowd, the hype, whatever player seems to be trending.

I see threads that ask if Dalvin Cook and 2023 first is fair compensation for Walker.

Seriously? Then you start scrolling thru some of the other trade questions, and they are pretty much following the same M.O. Trade Zeke and 2023 pick for Hall or the QB kid for the Steelers. Its crazy what they are willing to give up for a 2022 rookie. CRAZY.

dynasty trades are always funky... and usually awful...

with that said, the breece hall trade is not that bad... but cook for walker is terrible...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Athletic's Josh Kendall writes that "expecting [Cordarrelle Patterson] to be fully available and able to carry a full load at running back this season is overly optimistic."​

Well, no shit sherlock.

I swear, any one of us regular posters here, could replace anyone at the Atlantic, and likely make editor in chief within six months

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic's Josh Kendall writes that "expecting [Cordarrelle Patterson] to be fully available and able to carry a full load at running back this season is overly optimistic."
Well, no shit sherlock.

I swear, any one of us regular posters here, could replace anyone at the Atlantic, and likely make editor in chief within six months
I think at this time of year most any of us could write as well as any of the so called analyst. ..... most of them just throw shit at a wall and see if it sticks - or simply state the obvious..

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this time of year most any of us could write as well as any of the so called analyst. ..... most of them just throw shit at a wall and see if it sticks - or simply state the obvious..

Make a ton of hot takes during the off season so they can point back to 1 or 2 that hit to use as clout chaser, rinse and repeat every year

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make a ton of hot takes during the off season so they can point back to 1 or 2 that hit to use as clout chaser, rinse and repeat every year
Example - pick a road, one will be somewhat accurate:
  • CBS Sports's Josina Anderson reports that previous reports stating the Seahawks "have never really been that interested" in QB Baker Mayfield are "inaccurate."​

• NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that the Seahawks "have never really been that interested" in QB Baker Mayfield.​

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield to Carolina - now we'll never know if Seattle was interested or not. ...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield to Carolina - now we'll never know if Seattle was interested or not. ...
What??????!!!!!! It shows they weren't interested because Mayfield got traded for a bag of chips.

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What??????!!!!!! It shows they weren't interested because Mayfield got traded for a bag of chips.
Point taken .... so it's Geno and Lock - poor Lockett and Metcalf. .... unless maybe they go after Jimmy G.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'll say is that neither will be on my draft radar ............ far too many better choices.

depends on when... Ill take metcalf in the late 2nd happily... I still have him as a low end 1 high end 2...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on when... Ill take metcalf in the late 2nd happily... I still have him as a low end 1 high end 2...
There are times I think Metcalf has a eye problem because he seems to have trouble locating the ball until it's right on top of him. It has lead to some embarrassing drops for him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point taken .... so it's Geno and Lock - poor Lockett and Metcalf. .... unless maybe they go after Jimmy G.
Not so sure JimmyG would really improve their outlooks much either. Outside of Deebo, no WR's have ever thrived under JImmy G, and Deebo was great, but over half his receiving yards were after the catch, telling me its was mostly Deebo getting things done on his own.

I hope Lock gets a second chance. Kid has talent, he's just never been worth a crap between the ears. that's something that can be improved with time and effort.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are times I think Metcalf has a eye problem because he seems to have trouble locating the ball until it's right on top of him. It has lead to some embarrassing drops for him.

sure, he is not perfect... and could definitely be better... But he is your offensive face... If he doesnt get his targets, then you are likely going to get new coaches during the season....

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the Hoser jinx....

Dynasty 1 the 1st team i built and what was and still should be a powerhouse:lol: is jinxed and he is on it along with Watson Ridley McCafr

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, he is not perfect... and could definitely be better... But he is your offensive face... If he doesnt get his targets, then you are likely going to get new coaches during the season....
Pete Carrol won the Pete Carrol V Russel Wilson struggle. I highly doubt he'd lose going up against DK Metcalf

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on. The offense is going to be more run heavy then ever, if they can actually run the ball. Lockett is the better route runner and has the better hands so I'm not sure who gets more targets TBH. Pete isn't getting fired. The NFC West is so tough right now and the AFC West is also hard, so loses are expected. This season is about developing the young players, more so then wins and loses. With abundant draft capitol next season and a healthy amount of cap space the Seahawks are in good position to fill the holes they haven't filled this season and 2023 is the season Pete needs wins and make the Seahawks relevant again and so far I'm mighty happy with how the Seahawks are restocking. No guarantees things work out of course but love what has been done so far.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on. The offense is going to be more run heavy then ever, if they can actually run the ball. Lockett is the better route runner and has the better hands so I'm not sure who gets more targets TBH. Pete isn't getting fired. The NFC West is so tough right now and the AFC West is also hard, so loses are expected. This season is about developing the young players, more so then wins and loses. With abundant draft capitol next season and a healthy amount of cap space the Seahawks are in good position to fill the holes they haven't filled this season and 2023 is the season Pete needs wins and make the Seahawks relevant again and so far I'm mighty happy with how the Seahawks are restocking. No guarantees things work out of course but love what has been done so far.

you know i love to exaggerate... but still... its one thing to have an elite QB, he can do whatever he wants... he is the big man on campus...

when you give the big man on campus award to a skill player, then things are different right away... and that player will get featured... if not then, more realistically, he will demand a trade... maybe seattle would be better off without him right now...