• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on. The offense is going to be more run heavy then ever, if they can actually run the ball. Lockett is the better route runner and has the better hands so I'm not sure who gets more targets TBH. Pete isn't getting fired. The NFC West is so tough right now and the AFC West is also hard, so loses are expected. This season is about developing the young players, more so then wins and loses. With abundant draft capitol next season and a healthy amount of cap space the Seahawks are in good position to fill the holes they haven't filled this season and 2023 is the season Pete needs wins and make the Seahawks relevant again and so far I'm mighty happy with how the Seahawks are restocking. No guarantees things work out of course but love what has been done so far.
se ya in the bowl in 4 years when we do the same...:behindsofa:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know i love to exaggerate... but still... its one thing to have an elite QB, he can do whatever he wants... he is the big man on campus...

when you give the big man on campus award to a skill player, then things are different right away... and that player will get featured... if not then, more realistically, he will demand a trade... maybe seattle would be better off without him right now...
What to do with Metcalf is a real puzzle. Not thrilled with giving him a huge contract bogging down the cap space, but hate the idea of not getting a premium return for him also and right now I don't see a team offering a Adams/Hill kind of deal for Metcalf.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What to do with Metcalf is a real puzzle. Not thrilled with giving him a huge contract bogging down the cap space, but hate the idea of not getting a premium return for him also and right now I don't see a team offering a Adams/Hill kind of deal for Metcalf.

isnt that more of a reason to showcase him... so you can prove to the naysayers he is as healthy as ever and that he is as good as we all think he is...

sure trades during the season are rare, but they are much more common in recent years...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isnt that more of a reason to showcase him... so you can prove to the naysayers he is as healthy as ever and that he is as good as we all think he is...

sure trades during the season are rare, but they are much more common in recent years...
My guess is teams would just wait for him to be a FA.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is teams would just wait for him to be a FA.

if they can... Chiefs are in an elite division and may have no WRs... i can see them going for a WR during the season...

I actually think there is a bunch of teams that should be playoff contenders that are not very DEEP at WR

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they can... Chiefs are in an elite division and may have no WRs... i can see them going for a WR during the season...

I actually think there is a bunch of teams that should be playoff contenders that are not very DEEP at WR
I'm sure Seahawks will listen to offers, but the offense is not changing to showcase Metcalf, I'm pretty sure of that.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you said they wont change the offense to showcase metcalf...

I am saying that they dont have to change anything... they will throw enough already that they can showcase him even within the team identity...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you said they wont change the offense to showcase metcalf...

I am saying that they dont have to change anything... they will throw enough already that they can showcase him even within the team identity...
I don't think so.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so.

how so?? it is not like the seahawks have a great amount of depth... if there is going to be 30+ pass attempts per game, you have to expect 10+ targets per game for Metcalf... dont ya?? even with Crappy QB play 10+ attempts should be 7+ catches per game...

Really i will be shocked if Metcalf doesnt reach 100 catches this season... which will demolish his career best 83...

only thing stopping him is injury IMO...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how so?? it is not like the seahawks have a great amount of depth... if there is going to be 30+ pass attempts per game, you have to expect 10+ targets per game for Metcalf... dont ya?? even with Crappy QB play 10+ attempts should be 7+ catches per game...

Really i will be shocked if Metcalf doesnt reach 100 catches this season... which will demolish his career best 83...

only thing stopping him is injury IMO...
Lockett may out catch Metcalf IMO and the OC is going to get targets to others besides the 2 outstanding WRs this year. RW was just so stubborn about not taking the lay ups in the offense and that will change this year...hopefully.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett may out catch Metcalf IMO and the OC is going to get targets to others besides the 2 outstanding WRs this year. RW was just so stubborn about not taking the lay ups in the offense and that will change this year...hopefully.

anything can happen of course... but i just cant see them not feeding Metcalf... maybe this is another bet for us??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bet if you want to take

Metcalf gets 6 or more catches per game

6 catches per game gets him 102 catches in 17 games

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What’s the wager? What if Metcalf gets traded ( I’m not ruling that out even if I feel he won’t be)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so Metcalf getting how many targets in this scenario? lol

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the wager? What if Metcalf gets traded ( I’m not ruling that out even if I feel he won’t be)

Since the bet is catches per game. Not total catches we can say that it is 6 catches per game as a seahawk.