• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only KC hadn't made those idiotic play calls at the end of the first half that changed the entire momentum and ultimately cost them the game.
True...and maybe a reliable RB might've resulted in different results/calls there?

I gotta believe if they had Jonathon Taylor, not CEH, those play calls may have been entirely different.
Still have no clue why they took CEH the top RB that year, just dumbfounded

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...and maybe a reliable RB might've resulted in different results/calls there?

I gotta believe if they had Jonathon Taylor, not CEH, those play calls may have been entirely different.
Still have no clue why they took CEH the top RB that year, just dumbfounded
That certainly would have made a difference - but they knew what they had. The choice to throw a zero yd in play pass from the 1 to end the half was just bad. .... at least get it to the end-zone or just throw it away..

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That certainly would have made a difference - but they knew what they had. The choice to throw a zero yd in play pass from the 1 to end the half was just bad. .... at least get it to the end-zone or just throw it away..
Well in a vacuum, any one particular play call can be dumb as hell. And rightfully so.

But, if had a reliable run game, would you be in that situation to make that dumb play call? And even if you did make that dumb play call, if you could pound out a few first downs in the 4th quarter rather than passing, getting sacked, throwing INTs, maybe you still overcome those dumb choices?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in a vacuum, any one particular play call can be dumb as hell. And rightfully so.

But, if had a reliable run game, would you be in that situation to make that dumb play call? And even if you did make that dumb play call, if you could pound out a few first downs in the 4th quarter rather than passing, getting sacked, throwing INTs, maybe you still overcome those dumb choices?
That is absolutely true. .... just kind of expect Mahomes and Andy to not make 'bad calls' - perhaps I set the pedestal a bit too high. :suds:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a hefty amount of blame needs to go on the shoulders of Andy Reid and Eric Bienemy (sp?), as well as Mahomes for that loss yesterday.

If there are teams out there interviewing defensive coordinators for vacant HC spots that don't have Lou Anarumo on their interview docket, they are doing it wrong. (I think any team in today's NFL that wants a defensive HC is doing it wrong to begin with, fwiw)

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(I think any team in today's NFL that wants a defensive HC is doing it wrong to begin with, fwiw)
Tom Landry, Belichick, Chuck Noll, Bud Grant, George Halas.... what do those guys know about offense.
Other than they know what drives defenses crazy.
I know, I know, you said TODAY's NFL.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a hefty amount of blame needs to go on the shoulders of Andy Reid and Eric Bienemy (sp?), as well as Mahomes for that loss yesterday.

If there are teams out there interviewing defensive coordinators for vacant HC spots that don't have Lou Anarumo on their interview docket, they are doing it wrong. (I think any team in today's NFL that wants a defensive HC is doing it wrong to begin with, fwiw)

Very happy with my McDermott. Hope he (and Beane) never leave.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Landry, Belichick, Chuck Noll, Bud Grant, George Halas.... what do those guys know about offense.
Other than they know what drives defenses crazy.
I know, I know, you said TODAY's NFL.

Very happy with my McDermott. Hope he (and Beane) never leave.

There's definitely exceptions in today's game, I like Staley with the Chargers and Vrabel with titans in '19 season and McDermott last yr are only defensive HC to see a conference title game last 3 yrs. 2 out of 12 = some bad odds.

You have to go back to the '17-'18 season to find more then 1 defensive HC in the conf title games

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 out of 12 = some bad odds
:deadhorse: Not to belabor the issue, but if many other HC are offensive-minded, there are some fairly poor offenses. Plus, the argument could be made that the Rams D got them to the title game more so than their offense and their offensive-minded HC.

In the bigger picture, it matters who the HC surrounds himself with. The successes of the defensive coaches I mentioned had more to do with the coaches and players they had in place to run to the offense.
:suds:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess it's official - the GOAT is done. ....
Must say, I'm a bit surprised - figured he'd take one more run at it to try and erase the disappointment of losing this season.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must say, I'm a bit surprised - figured he'd take one more run at it to try and erase the disappointment of losing this season.
was time to get out just like NE:suds:

CBS Sports' Jonathan Jones said the Bucs "probably" can't afford high-end quarterbacks this offseason who might be available in free agency or via trade.​

If the Bucs -- $7.6 million under the salary cap -- can "keep the band together enough," Jones said, they might be able to lure a quarterback who could help the team remain a contender in 2022. Probably they can't afford Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, or any other high-end QB looking to escape their current situation, Jones said. Keeping the band together would entail locking up Tampa's offensive linemen -- including C Ryan Jensen -- and free agent Chris Godwin. That could be a tough task with Tom Brady's retirement leaving an enormous hole in the Tampa offense. Former Bucs QB Jameis Winston is again a free agent, and would make some sense as a short-term option who could keep Godwin's and Mike Evans' fantasy value afloat in 2022. Jimmy Garoppolo will also be a name mentioned in the Bucs' quarterback search. Fantasy-relevant Bucs players have a decidedly wide range of outcomes this offseason.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas signs Dan Quin to 5 year extension as DC.

Jerra has 2 notable quotes-
On MM- 'someday, someone else will be coaching here, other than him'
On Quinn- 'If I were looking for a HC, he's someone I would definitely interview"

Getting out my little orphan Annie decoder ring and deciphering this I get...no not 'drink more ovaltine', I get 'Dan Quin has been promised the Cowboys HC job the second MM hangs himself'

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
***because the baseball boards are vacant.***

“Greg Maddux could throw a baseball through a life-saver if you asked him to.” - Joe Morgan

Greg Maddux faced 20,421 batters.
310 of them saw a 3-0 count.
Of which 177 were intentional walks.

That’s 0.0065% “wild” 3-0 counts in his career.

I’d love to know who is second on this list.