• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i am in this 18-team Guillotine draft...
i have 3 WR (and thats it - partway thru round 3), so if i take 4th he'd be my flex.

Thought there'd be a bigger run on QB but only 4 taken so far.

So this is what i am looking at as round 4 winds down to me.

Swift is interesting but i already have Moore. (Dont want 2 Bears (didnt even want 1)).
Thinking Evan Engram.

Thoughts?

View attachment 365610

do you have a bench for week 1??

if no bench, then you dont have to go QB.... if there is a bench... id probably go QB here, or at least with your next pick...

but if no bench, i would go Stevenson or Swift- Stevenson is safer, but Swift is on the better offense... Id go stevenson over swift

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my end of the draft.
I am 4th

Screenshot_20240624_135911_Sleeper.jpg

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevenson i am guessing will be gone. Got a rabid Pats fan in here. And he picks twice.

Many big name guys are gone as predicted, so some are following the ADP pretty closely. Not many reaches.

Gotta wait. 23 picks before it gets to me. :sigh:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, my strategy was to wait until round 8 (out of 10). Everyone only gets 1 QB to start.
:noidea:

Plus i am guessing most of those WR will be gone since a lot of teams still need 2 and 3 WR (and maybe some of those RB).

So thats why i'm looking at Engram or the best available RB.
I'd rather have Bowers than Engram.

But I'd definitely get a QB.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd likely disagree on Bowers over Engram in a seasonal league. .....
As would I, especially with Mayers in place with a year under his belt. Zero reason for the Raiders to force the situation and go with Bowers over Mayer in any game condition. Bowers year 1 value will be what he does as the 2nd TE, when they play 2 tight, and in occasion as a 'big slot'.

A rookie TE is never a great bet, no matter how great LaPorta was. Don't bet on finding a unicorn, not in a redraft, or other non-keeper format

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaning toward Engram. My thought is with Ridley gone, dont see much of a chance his targets go down. Engram had 143 targets last year.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd likely disagree on Bowers over Engram in a seasonal league. .....

Ryan Reynolds Agree GIF by Welcome to Wrexham

Leaning toward Engram. My thought is with Ridley gone, dont see much of a chance his targets go down. Engram had 143 targets last year.

You beat me to this, was gonna mention the insane volume Engram saw last year and he has a secure role in Pederson's offense that has churned out top TE fantasy stats for years

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FantasyPros' ECR really seem to favor McBride over Engram.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical Situation:

You either have to pay Tua and/or Dak, or let them lame duck through the season and take your chances.

What do you do?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical Situation:

You either have to pay Tua and/or Dak, or let them lame duck through the season and take your chances.

What do you do?
Wasnt it in some baseball movie where some player threatened to not give 100% because he didnt like his current contract situation?

And the line that followed was along the lines of, "what do you think the going rate is on a player that plays horribly."

:scratch: Cant remember...

Of course, in today's NFL average = elite paydays when it comes to QB.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasnt it in some baseball movie where some player threatened to not give 100% because he didnt like his current contract situation?

And the line that followed was along the lines of, "what do you think the going rate is on a player that plays horribly."

:scratch: Cant remember...

Of course, in today's NFL average = elite paydays when it comes to QB.
Well, as sad as it is, it took me about 15 seconds to think of Little Big League. It wasn't his contract situation, he just didn't like the fact that Billy Heywood took over the team and he thought they were a laughing stock. Couldn't find the clip, but here's the quote from IMDB:

• Mac: You're a frickin' primadonna, McGreavy. You don't deserve to wear that uniform.
  • Mike McGrevey: You know, you're right, Mac. I'm a disgrace to the Twins. I think you should trade me.
  • Mac: As soon as we find someone dumb enough to take you, that's EXACTLY what we're gonna do.
  • Billy Heywood: No we're not. We're not trading you.
  • Mike McGrevey: So what are you going to do, bench me?
  • Billy Heywood: Nope, play you. When it's your turn to pitch, you pitch. Nothing changes.
  • Mike McGrevey: You know, I don't think that's such a good idea. I have a feeling my concentration's not going to be that good out there. I might tend to forget some of those scouting reports.
  • Billy Heywood: Well, that's up to you, you're the free agent. Hey Mac, what's the going rate for an absent-minded pitcher who can't get anybody out?