• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aiyuk and Pittman have similar ECR and ADP. Pittman gets the volume (156 targets) but Aiyuk gets the efficiency (almost 18 yards per catch on only 75 receptions).

Push come to shove, who'd you rather have in a redraft league?
Right now I’d prolly take Pittman.

But that’s right now, with two months to go on Aiyuks situation clearing up.

Little nervous on if he could be dealt and where that might be.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think Caleb will be a bigger bust than Jamarcus Russel, plus there's more competition for targets there.
That does worry me.
But Fields was terrible and Moore still managed 1300 yards. Ya figure what can a terrible Caleb Williams get him slinging it around twice as much?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got another.
DJ Moore and Metcalf are in similar situations. New OC. Other talented players on the roster to take away targets.

Moore seems to have the volume but Metcalf reels in more TD to make up for it.

Push comes to shove, who'd you rather have?

DJ Moore for me, was never utilized in Carolina and broke out big time with Fields at QB. Caleb will be at least as good as Fields as a passer if not better.

Metcalf took a step back in production and hasn't finished as a top 10 fantasy WR with Geno yet, while Moore was 6th overall and top 10 in pts/gm last season with an awful passer at QB

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf only has 1 game scoring over 20 fantasy pts in the last 2 seasons with Geno at QB, and lots of noise coming out of Seattle about JSN being more involved this year

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does worry me.
But Fields was terrible and Moore still managed 1300 yards. Ya figure what can a terrible Caleb Williams get him slinging it around twice as much?
Everything is in place for Caleb to be a disaster: tremendous pressure from a desperate front office and HC to succeed right now, entitled overhyped rookie, tough division. IMO he needs to sit first but he won’t, he’ll get baited and burned by Ds, then try to do too much and fail, deflect blame, alienate the locker room, and maybe get hurt.

Through it all DJ will somehow put together another very good season. About on par with DK this year I think.

I could be wrong but that’s the vibe I’m getting.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does worry me.
He also never had Keenan Allen and a top 10 drafted WR breathing down his neck either.

Caleb is a better passer..in a skills competition.
I don't see him having the mental toughness to last in the NFL. Physically he's an upgrade. Mentally, I have SERIOUS doubts, and imho, he will be infinitely worse than Feilds as an NFL QB

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe Caleb does bust. But again, if Moore can rack up 1300 yards on one of the league's worst offenses along with the 5th-fewest pass attempts (tied with Denver), its quite possible he does it again with more pass attempts his way.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe Caleb does bust. But again, if Moore can rack up 1300 yards on one of the league's worst offenses along with the 5th-fewest pass attempts (tied with Denver), its quite possible he does it again with more pass attempts his way.
I could see pass attempts going up but how much does that help Moore? Moore had 136 targets the next WR (Mooney) only had 61 and he's getting replaced by Keenan Allen who got 150 targets last year and drafted Odunze with the 9th overall pick (so he should get some targets). Seems to me Allen and Odunze will be the ones to benefit from a passing volume increase and Moore will maybe get 130ish targets again if he's lucky.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see pass attempts going up but how much does that help Moore? Moore had 136 targets the next WR (Mooney) only had 61 and he's getting replaced by Keenan Allen who got 150 targets last year and drafted Odunze with the 9th overall pick (so he should get some targets). Seems to me Allen and Odunze will be the ones to benefit from a passing volume increase and Moore will maybe get 130ish targets again if he's lucky.
DJ Moore is a stud. Keenan Allen is injury prone and close to being over the hill. Odunze is unproven.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ Moore is a stud. Keenan Allen is injury prone and close to being over the hill. Odunze is unproven.

I think a lot of this will depend entirely how defenses choose to play Caleb.
1) Will they stack the box and bring additional guys to create pressure, leaving the secondary in man coverage? Good night if he can get the ball to Moore
2) will defenses see more success confusing the rookie QB by showing blitz then dropping into zone? Allen and Odunze will see more looks as I'd assume the extra coverage over the top will tilt in Moore's direction and Allen feasts vs zones

Just my 2 cents, as I do believe the Bears will have a better offense than what they had last yr, and most of the time in the NFL, all ships rise in high tides

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In redraft Metcalf for me only because of the target competition Moore will have now that Allen is there this year. Not that it matters, but according to projections, fantrax has Metcalf at WR15, Moore at WR19, and Cooper at WR24. Fantasy Pros has Moore at WR16, Metcalf at WR20 and Cooper at WR24. And I have all three of these guys on various dynasty teams, so I hope they all finish in the top 10.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i am in this 18-team Guillotine draft...
i have 3 WR (and thats it - partway thru round 3), so if i take 4th he'd be my flex.

Thought there'd be a bigger run on QB but only 4 taken so far.

So this is what i am looking at as round 4 winds down to me.

Swift is interesting but i already have Moore. (Dont want 2 Bears (didnt even want 1)).
Thinking Evan Engram.

Thoughts?

Screenshot_20240624_125403_Sleeper.jpg

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i am in this 18-team Guillotine draft...
i have 3 WR (and thats it - partway thru round 3), so if i take 4th he'd be my flex.

Thought there'd be a bigger run on QB but only 4 taken so far.

So this is what i am looking at as round 4 winds down to me.

Swift is interesting but i already have Moore. (Dont want 2 Bears (didnt even want 1)).
Thinking Evan Engram.

Thoughts?

View attachment 365610
My track record in those leagues, probably don't wanna take advice from me.

But...

18 teams, yeah I'd want a QB locked up quick, and Dak should have MASSIVE volume, if nothing else

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 teams, yeah I'd want a QB locked up quick, and Dak should have MASSIVE volume, if nothing else
Well, my strategy was to wait until round 8 (out of 10). Everyone only gets 1 QB to start.
:noidea:

Plus i am guessing most of those WR will be gone since a lot of teams still need 2 and 3 WR (and maybe some of those RB).

So thats why i'm looking at Engram or the best available RB.