• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondale Moore worth a roster spot?

Yes, but same said with Kirk and Green. Not sure Moore's usage will change that much, but might mean a few more targets come his way.

by usage, I mean the way Kliff has been getting him the ball - short/quick dump offs at the LOS and let him run, or at least that seems to be the only game plan for Moore in the Cards games I've watched so far. Kirk was operating in the slot, but maybe he gets kicked out wide and Moore can expand his route tree a bit here down the stretch

Know of a good site that readily has depth of target data available?
I usually have to find that stuff out on twitter from others

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders DL that bad that they won't be able to work over CLE practice squad OL?

both guards, both blocking TEs are on covid IR right now....

comedy central ok GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show
Meh, backup, 3rd string, whatever OL..I'm worried about pass pro. Most any lineman good enough to cash an NFL paycheck, can mostly adequately run block, especially in a mostly power scheme like Clevelands. Is there a difference? sure. But much more so in pass pro than in run blocking.

And yes, the Raiders D is Snearly swiss cheese imho, minus a little bit of some good pass rushing from time to time

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but same said with Kirk and Green. Not sure Moore's usage will change that much, but might mean a few more targets come his way.

by usage, I mean the way Kliff has been getting him the ball - short/quick dump offs at the LOS and let him run, or at least that seems to be the only game plan for Moore in the Cards games I've watched so far. Kirk was operating in the slot, but maybe he gets kicked out wide and Moore can expand his route tree a bit here down the stretch

Remind me later. I have pff. I can see if thats on there. Not home. Will surely forget.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.46 average depth of target. Seriously, 1.46. Which is a decline from his 2.40 in college........hes getting closer to the line of scrimmage, if thats possible

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.46 average depth of target. Seriously, 1.46. Which is a decline from his 2.40 in college........hes getting closer to the line of scrimmage, if thats possible

Thanks, yeah, it's completely a game plan/design thing. 2 guys from the Lollypop Guild gonna be hard to see each other over the behemoths in the trenches

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer is gone...took em about 10 weeks too long, but maybe some Jags have a shot at relevancy the rest of the way.
10 weeks of reverse development for lawrence. Him and fields just taken into awful situations.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer is gone...took em about 10 weeks too long, but maybe some Jags have a shot at relevancy the rest of the way.
they made the OC the coach

maybe next year:suds:

hmmmmm schefter thinks otherwise

Jaguars named OC Darrell Bevell interim head coach.​

Aside from the fact that his offense is averaging nine points over its past seven contests, Bevell was the most sensible choice to take the reins following Thursday morning's news dump that Urban Meyer had been relieved of his duties as Jaguars head coach after only 13 games. It is the second time in two years Bevell has served as an interim head coach after earning the "honor" in Detroit last year, as well. Although he has never served as a head coach at any level, Bevell has a decade plus of coordinating experience, and unlike Meyer, will keep himself out of the news and presumably not have the entire roster turn against him in only a matter of days. With Meyer's tyrannical hand out of the team's affairs, perhaps Bevell might actually coax some improvement out of an undermanned but hardly talentless offense. If nothing else, it will be addition by subtraction, with Meyer's black cloud being removed and allowing players like Trevor Lawrence to just focus on their game for the final four weeks of the season.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes and now they can beat the Texans... and maybe we pick 1 or 2 and no F.+"%$n OBrien to trade the pick away....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Williams in the fantasy playoffs - my only league with MW is half ppr and I have a 1st round bye (thankfully!)

of course, he always has/had big game potential, but can you really trust him in a do-or-die game?

It's been a pretty rough stretch where I've only had the cajones to bench him 1x, and it was the right call that week, but didn't feel right when I did it.

1639750225482.png

9 straight games where he's only produced well in 2, was serviceable in 1, but hurt the bottom line in the other 6 games....33% hit rate is NOT what I'm looking for come playoff time.

My team is stacked at RB, so I can fill my flex spots easily and only "need" 2 WRs....anyone else with MW turning a different direction for playoffs?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Williams in the fantasy playoffs - my only league with MW is half ppr and I have a 1st round bye (thankfully!)

of course, he always has/had big game potential, but can you really trust him in a do-or-die game?

It's been a pretty rough stretch where I've only had the cajones to bench him 1x, and it was the right call that week, but didn't feel right when I did it.

View attachment 284943

9 straight games where he's only produced well in 2, was serviceable in 1, but hurt the bottom line in the other 6 games....33% hit rate is NOT what I'm looking for come playoff time.

My team is stacked at RB, so I can fill my flex spots easily and only "need" 2 WRs....anyone else with MW turning a different direction for playoffs?

I turned him into Amari Cooper (probably an overpay, with Gus, Lat and Boyd) in Old School for this reason. It may backfire as Cooper hasn’t been exactly great, but I don’t trust his boom and bust.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josina Anderson reports Saturday's game between the Raiders and Browns has been postponed to Monday, December 20.​

Kick-off will reportedly occur at 5p ET, pinning the COVID-laden Browns in a short week with another game against the Packers on Christmas Day. The NFL is also reportedly moving Rams-Seahawks and Washington-Eagles to Tuesday. Expect more changes in Weeks 16-18 given the league's current state of affairs.
-----
There is also a report that the Raiders are pushing back since the pre-season 'rule' was that the affected team will forfeit - - sounds like one of those things that could get interesting before all is said and done. ... though there is not much time to get a yea or nay on it. ...
-------
With a very high number of players and coaches vaccinated it's interesting that so many are testing positive - does it work or not? Makes one wonder. .....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned him into Amari Cooper (probably an overpay, with Gus, Lat and Boyd) in Old School for this reason. It may backfire as Cooper hasn’t been exactly great, but I don’t trust his boom and bust.
I'll give you the boom or bust - - but Williams is second fiddle, not potentially 3rd or 4th .....

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Josina Anderson reports Saturday's game between the Raiders and Browns has been postponed to Monday, December 20.​

Adam Schefter reports that Sunday's game between the Rams and Seahawks has been postponed to Tuesday.​

SPN's Adam Schefter reports Sunday's game between Washington and the Eagles has been postponed to Tuesday, December 21​

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Adam Schefter reports that Sunday's game between the Rams and Seahawks has been postponed to Tuesday.​

SPN's Adam Schefter reports Sunday's game between Washington and the Eagles has been postponed to Tuesday, December 21​

Kind of makes it risky, because if you bank on player x to clear protocol and he doesn't that leaves you in a jam.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josina Anderson reports Saturday's game between the Raiders and Browns has been postponed to Monday, December 20.
Adam Schefter reports that Sunday's game between the Rams and Seahawks has been postponed to Tuesday.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Sunday's game between Washington and the Eagles has been postponed to Tuesday, December 21
I guess it's official now. ..... rules? But, but we'll just change them for the $$$.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of makes it risky, because if you bank on player x to clear protocol and he doesn't that leaves you in a jam.
Very risky, now what happens if another team gets an outbreak since they've pretty much exhausted all their backup days/times ?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a very high number of players and coaches vaccinated it's interesting that so many are testing positive - does it work or not? Makes one wonder. .....
I am sure this is not where you wanted your comment to lead, but imo i am a little surprised that covid is treated so casually.

It has been a worldwide problem for 2 full years. Doctors cant seem to agree on it. And vaccines were never advertised to "prevent" covid, only to provide "the best protection" from it.

Dollars to donuts this will be a problem 5, 10 or 20 years from now.... the "after affects" of covid. I mean, no one predicted that chicken pox would be dormant for 30 or 40 years and then unleash shingles.

And covid is more dangerous than chicken pox. And they say its neurological. (Just what football players want to hear in addition to CTE.)

Last edited:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure this is not where you wanted your comment to lead, but imo i am a little surprised that covid is treated so casually.
It has been a worldwide problem for 2 full years. Doctors cant seem to agree on it. And vaccines were never advertised to "prevent" covid, only to provide Tthe best protection" from it.
Dollars to donuts this will be a problem 5, 10 or 20 years from now.... the "after affects" of covid. I mean, no one predicted that chicken pox would be dormant for 30 or 40 years and then unleash shingles.
And covid is more dangerous than chicken pox. And they say its neurological. (Just what football players want to hear in addition to CTE.)
It is a controversial thing and everyone has opinions for sure, and I regret even putting it on here - it did not belong .....so apologies for that, but not my opinion on the matter. We'll just say we agree to disagree.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK with my mini-rank out of the way, opinions on the following requested.
Dilemma at QB and 2-flex spots. I drafted Wilson but have since dropped him as he was stinking. Picked up Cousins who I've been riding. But also have Jimmy G and Fields to pick from. ... (or Big Ben on ww)
Same issue at Flex. Choices are; Penny, Mooney, V. Jefferson, Gallup. Pick 2.
CEH and Hill already started and played. Freeman and Kupp locked in. .... thoughts?