• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong thread, but whatever.. LOL

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably jimmy n cousins for me

Mooney and gallup at flex

OK with my mini-rank out of the way, opinions on the following requested.
Dilemma at QB and 2-flex spots. I drafted Wilson but have since dropped him as he was stinking. Picked up Cousins who I've been riding. But also have Jimmy G and Fields to pick from. ... (or Big Ben on ww)
Same issue at Flex. Choices are; Penny, Mooney, V. Jefferson, Gallup. Pick 2.
CEH and Hill already started and played. Freeman and Kupp locked in. .... thoughts?

Also just got ab off waivers yessss

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, a long but silly question… I am in our consolation bracket in playoffs because things just didn’t go my way this year. The prize for winning is a draft pick we added to the end of Round 2 of next year’s draft. (Not great, but something to play for).

We can carry 3 QBs on roster and I have Lamar, Z Wilson and Trubisky. (Traded away decent backups for future picks). Lamar is out this week, and wondering if I should pick up Huntley as he has looked better than my other options. But I’m playing a long game onWilson and Trubisky . Or would I likely do okay just playing Wilson vs Jags this week?wgwgw
Tough to go Hundley over RW...but IF he plays and Lamar sits, I get the temptation. I would go RW, any given day, any given opponent, a huge day is always attainable. Hundley's success thus far could very well be a house of cards that could fall apart at any given moment.

Long term though..playing the long game...I'd rather have a chip or two on Hundley than Trubs

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to go Hundley over RW...but IF he plays and Lamar sits, I get the temptation. I would go RW, any given day, any given opponent, a huge day is always attainable. Hundley's success thus far could very well be a house of cards that could fall apart at any given moment.

Long term though..playing the long game...I'd rather have a chip or two on Hundley than Trubs
Sadly, it’s ZW, not RW… Trubs is definitely a blind chuck at the board, but could see him being brought on by a number of teams less dysfunctional than the Bears to be the starter next year… But Huntley might just be a necessary handcuff to Lamar going forward as well… Probably outsmarting myself here…

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, it’s ZW, not RW… Trubs is definitely a blind chuck at the board, but could see him being brought on by a number of teams less dysfunctional than the Bears to be the starter next year… But Huntley might just be a necessary handcuff to Lamar going forward as well… Probably outsmarting myself here…

No harm adding Huntley. Drop Trubisky.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke Johnson worth a stab? I have Barkley and Zeke with both their cuffs, Mattison and Jamaal Williams at RB. My guess is that he got more touches last week because Gaskin was coming off the Cov list, but they may ride the hot hand. Would be a tough call for me to drop someone for Duke (probably Joe Burrows, since I have Mahomes) and I am not sure I could start him over either of my other RBs, so I am not sure it is worth it.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No harm adding Huntley. Drop Trubisky.
Figure if I’m so inclined, I could probably do this and pick Trubisky back up next week… Not like the test of my league is jealous that I have him.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...well then, shoot, it's a stab in the dark, hail Mary either way, I'd go Huntley....if Lamar is out

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke Johnson worth a stab? I have Barkley and Zeke with both their cuffs, Mattison and Jamaal Williams at RB. My guess is that he got more touches last week because Gaskin was coming off the Cov list, but they may ride the hot hand. Would be a tough call for me to drop someone for Duke (probably Joe Burrows, since I have Mahomes) and I am not sure I could start him over either of my other RBs, so I am not sure it is worth it.

Plus it’s the Saints defense on tap.

But I might stash him over Jamaal Williams.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better fire up Mattison. ..... Personally, I'd stay away from the MIA backfield especially this week

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need an opinion on this, we are down to the final 4 in our league, I put a claim in on Brown and Justin Jackson.. I did not get either of them but when I looked at things the teams that claim both of them are not even in the final 4, they are just betting with each other for like a side bet. My commission thinks it's OK.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ith Saints QB Taysom Hill on the reserve/COVID-19 list, fourth-round rookie Ian Book will start Sunday's game against the Dolphins.​

Per the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Book will be the first Saints rookie quarterback to start a game since Danny Wuerffel in 1997. The No. 133 overall pick of the draft, Book has yet to attempt a regular season pass, but the Saints have wisely decided they have seen all they need to of journeyman Trevor Siemian. It is a brutally bad spot for Book's NFL debut, as the Dolphins play lockdown coverage and blitz freely. Book, of course, has no reliable targets in the passing game outside of Alvin Kamara. He will not be superflex viable.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need an opinion on this, we are down to the final 4 in our league, I put a claim in on Brown and Justin Jackson.. I did not get either of them but when I looked at things the teams that claim both of them are not even in the final 4, they are just betting with each other for like a side bet. My commission thinks it's OK.
I'm guessing there is no precedence set for this? Are they in some sort of consolation bracket?

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it it isnt established in advance ..

i personally think it is bad as well but....

in my league i tell the none main playoff teams that they cannot make a waiver claim

they only can add FA once the waivers have been run...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's nothing in the rules explicity prohibiting this, I think it's gotta slide

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be too little too late for me this season. I'm up by 22 and he has Antonio Gibson left. A win would put me at 8-7, however, I need someone else to lose. He's up by 9 with Matt Stafford and Matt Gay. His foe (whom I need to win) has Cooper Kupp and Jake Elliott.
Unbelievable. I made the playoffs. I won by 8 and the guy I needed to lose went down by 5. So, it's...
(1)11-4 v (4)8-7 (me)
(2)10-4-1 v (3)10-5

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No consolation, just guys eliminated who have a side bet
Depending on the website, the commissioner can usually set permissions by team. I know you can do that in Fantrax, but not sure about ESPN. If you can't set it up that way, you can put all of the playoff teams at the top of the waiver order so at least they are guaranteed first shot at everybody.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on the website, the commissioner can usually set permissions by team. I know you can do that in Fantrax, but not sure about ESPN. If you can't set it up that way, you can put all of the playoff teams at the top of the waiver order so at least they are guaranteed first shot at everybody.
funny thing is this is 1 of the few things CBS gets right and only playoff teams can add/drop
i agree with bandit just put playoff teams at top of WW:suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opponent has swift, cook, fournette, cooks all out this week. And i still dont feel good about winning this week.

Hes also smart. Hes playing tyler Huntley over dak.