• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally like Robinson over Hunt..call me crazy, but I think he continues to outproduce him

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the situation is I’m trying to upgrade my TE spot. The owner has Hockenson and Andrew’s. Hockenson seems more consistent and I don’t trust Engram to be consistent each week. That said, I know they’ll want a RB and once Golladay comes off IR I’ll have to drop someone. I’d rather make a trade and get value back and keep the same number of RBs.

My Roster:
QB: Herbert
RB: Chubb, Robinson, Conner, CEH, Edmonds, and Davis
WR: Julio, Allen, Golladay, Lockett, Boyd, Higgins, and Claypool
TE: Engram

Their team:
QB: Jackson
RB: Zeke, Hunt, Duke Johnson, Fournette, and Mostert
WR: Hopkins, Ridley, Marvin Jones, JuJu, Cooks, and AJ Brown
TE: Hockenson and Andrews

As you can see I have sort of a surplus of WR talent but can’t really afford to give away a quality RB without getting one back. They want Robinson and one of Higgins or Claypool for Hockenson which I’m absolutely not doing. I wouldn’t trade Robinson straight up for Hockenson.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the situation is I’m trying to upgrade my TE spot. The owner has Hockenson and Andrew’s. Hockenson seems more consistent and I don’t trust Engram to be consistent each week. That said, I know they’ll want a RB and once Golladay comes off IR I’ll have to drop someone. I’d rather make a trade and get value back and keep the same number of RBs.

My Roster:
QB: Herbert
RB: Chubb, Robinson, Conner, CEH, Edmonds, and Davis
WR: Julio, Allen, Golladay, Lockett, Boyd, Higgins, and Claypool
TE: Engram

Their team:
QB: Jackson
RB: Zeke, Hunt, Duke Johnson, Fournette, and Mostert
WR: Hopkins, Ridley, Marvin Jones, JuJu, Cooks, and AJ Brown
TE: Hockenson and Andrews

As you can see I have sort of a surplus of WR talent but can’t really afford to give away a quality RB without getting one back. They want Robinson and one of Higgins or Claypool for Hockenson which I’m absolutely not doing. I wouldn’t trade Robinson straight up for Hockenson.

no waiver options?

there is only one TE worth trading for.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no waiver options?

there is only one TE worth trading for.

Yeah. I sent an offer over for Kielce but it just dropped off. I have a suspicion that owner isn’t paying much attention day to day. Waivers are a TE wasteland. I’d like to not have to dump Edmonds when Golladay gets healthy if possible.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about trying to go after Hopkins.

Julio, Robinson, and Lockett for Hunt and Hopkins?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about trying to go after Hopkins.

Julio, Robinson, and Lockett for Hunt and Hopkins?
thats a terrible trade hunts value just went down with chubb back and robinson is the jags only option

julio and hopkins are a wash so u giving lockett away for free

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like them where they are but I will give you cake for your patience.
Thanks for the cake.
My patience is wearing thin.

Some talking head was reasoning that its not all GM Ryan Pace's fault, that Pace should be getting input from Nagy and the other coaches on player acquisitions. I guess he didnt see the Chicago Tribune report that revealed that Pace went to John Fox and asked him which QB he would want and Fox and his staff wanted Watson.

Dovetailing off of that, there was a interesting take in a recent Bleacher Report article about firing Nagy and making Pagano head coach.

Last edited:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a terrible trade hunts value just went down with chubb back and robinson is the jags only option
julio and hopkins are a wash so u giving lockett away for free
That is simply not true. ..... just look at the numbers, Hunt has scored more pts sharing as a 1b than he did as lead. ... That said, I still wouldn't make that trade. Julio, Lockett and Robinson will simply out-score Hunt and Hopkins - there just isn't that much difference between Julio and Hopkins or Ribinson and Hunt - so you give up Lockett for essentially nothing.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the cake.
My patience is wearing thin.

Some talking head was reasoning that its not all GM Ryan Pace's fault, that Pace should be getting input from Nagy and the other coaches on player acquisitions. I guess he didnt see the Chicago Tribune report that revealed that Pace went to John Fox and asked him which QB he would want and Fox and his staff wanted Watson.

Dovetailing off of that, there was a interesting take in a recent Bleacher Report article about firing Nagy and making Pagano head coach.
I say bring Trestman back

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say bring Trestman back
I hate you.
I think Nagy is a repackaged Trestman.

I just dont get it.
Ray Rhodes goes 8-8 for the Packers and gets canned after 1 season. Yet the Bears continue to hold their breath and hope the next season will be better.

This is like the Blackhawks of the late 70s and 80s all over again. Will it take someone to die before they start making wiser decisions?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate you.

I just dont get it.
Ray Rhodes goes 8-8 for the Packers and gets canned after 1 season. Yet the Bears continue to hold their breath and hope the next season will be better.
I hated that hire but was shocked he got such a short leash. My guess is there were issues with buy-in. I think the Packers will be looking for a new DC after this season. Pettine is not nearly aggressive enough. During the final Jags possession Lafleur had to take a TO because Pettine was only going to rush 3 on that 4th and long play. Coming out of the TO we had Clak, both Smiths and Gary rushing and they ate up the Jags line. I am hopeful that he learned a valuable lesson. I have seen Preston Smith playing effing corner WAY too many times this year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is simply not true. ..... just look at the numbers, Hunt has scored more pts sharing as a 1b than he did as lead. ... That said, I still wouldn't make that trade. Julio, Lockett and Robinson will simply out-score Hunt and Hopkins - there just isn't that much difference between Julio and Hopkins or Ribinson and Hunt - so you give up Lockett for essentially nothing.

I looked at the numbers in my 0.5 PPR. In 4 games with Chubb, Hunt is averaging 15.33 points per game. In 4 games without Chubb, Hunt is averaging 12.38 points per game. I excluded the Dallas game because I don't know when Chubb exited that game.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate you.

I just dont get it.

This is like the Blackhawks of the late 70s and 80s all over again. Will it take someone to die before they start making wiser decisions?
Hey you can have Obrian. Then maybe he will trade Houston Hicks and Robinson and Kmet for nothing. Ya that sounds good

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey you can have Obrian. Then maybe he will trade Houston Hicks and Robinson and Kmet for nothing. Ya that sounds good
There was some other yahoo saying Pace needs to take chances in the draft... Seriously? Taking Trubisky? Shaheen? Cohen? That defensive end whose name escapes me?
No one can say Pace doesnt push the envelope. I will give him that. But the talent isnt being coached right.

Maybe Theo Epstein can run the Bears? Heck, I think Dale Tallon or Scotty Bowman can do a better job.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody making a run at CMac or is he too injury prone? I might have the horses to do it.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody making a run at CMac or is he too injury prone? I might have the horses to do it.

Go for it, but there's some uncertainty. It sounds like he will be back for Week 12, but I wonder if the Panthers will reduce his work load because of the injury troubles this year. My trade deadline has passed, but if I could still trade, I would be exploring the possibilities.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go for it, but there's some uncertainty. It sounds like he will be back for Week 12, but I wonder if the Panthers will reduce his work load because of the injury troubles this year. My trade deadline has passed, but if I could still trade, I would be exploring the possibilities.
In a redraft league I'd be hesitant to trade for CMac. Panthers offense just hasn't been looking good and the cost to trade for him is likely steep.
In dynasty though I'm all for trading for him while his value is down some, if trading for him is possible in a league.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some other yahoo saying Pace needs to take chances in the draft... Seriously? Taking Trubisky? Shaheen? Cohen? That defensive end whose name escapes me?
No one can say Pace doesnt push the envelope. I will give him that. But the talent isnt being coached right.

Maybe Theo Epstein can run the Bears? Heck, I think Dale Tallon or Scotty Bowman can do a better job.
funny you mentioned Scotty as along those lines up here at work before Obrien was canned i always joked that i would trade the Habs gm Bergy for Obrien and both my teams would probably be better