• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently weeks 14-17 last year, when miles sanders was “balling out”....

Boston Scott out scored him.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently weeks 14-17 last year, when miles sanders was “balling out”....

Boston Scott out scored him.
I'm perhaps the biggest believer that Miles Sanders is severely overated..but that has entirely to do with a meaningless week 17 game vs the pathetic Giants...3 scores.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm perhaps the biggest believer that Miles Sanders is severely overated..but that has entirely to do with a meaningless week 17 game vs the pathetic Giants...3 scores.
true.........i forgot about that. But scott got 11 more touches that game.......that didnt break it open....sanders i dont think can handle a full workload

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true.........i forgot about that. But scott got 11 more touches that game.......that didnt break it open....sanders i dont think can handle a full workload
Well, lots of backups out touch the starters in week 17. However, Scott certainly did get plenty of touches in a handful of games other than that..regardless of results..lending credence to that point of Sanders not being a true "feature" back

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly posting this for myself to finish reading later (since I have been misplacing things lately), but if you guys enjoy ESPN's Matthew Berry...

Draft-Day Manifesto: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Drafters

I read through the Matthew Berry articles.
I'm a little frightened in that, while he is a good writer, I don't always agree with his fantasy targets.
Until this year.

In the piece, he reminds owners that fantasy is a "weekly" game, not "yearly."
Yet too many think of players in terms of "years" and not weeks.
With this in mind he gave this example:

This is crucial for the guys you're thinking about in the first two rounds. Ezekiel Elliott has been in the NFL for four years. He has at least nine touchdowns in every season. He has more than 1,700 total yards in every season except 2017, when he played only 10 games and still eclipsed 1,200 yards. He has never averaged fewer than 22 touches per game. In 56 career games with the Cowboys, he has 48 total scores. Barring a big injury, the range of outcomes for Elliott is very small. He will wind up this season as one of the five or so best running backs in fantasy.

Kenyan Drake is wide. He could absolutely crush again, as he did with Arizona during the second half of last season. Or he could revert to what he had been his entire career before Arizona, which is a committee back.
When I am picking early, I do not want any player who has anything other than a narrow range of yearly outcomes. A high floor and obvious upside every week.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little frightened in that, while he is a good writer, I don't always agree with his fantasy targets.
Until this year.

This is crucial for the guys you're thinking about in the first two rounds. Ezekiel Elliott has been in the NFL for four years. He has at least nine touchdowns in every season. He has more than 1,700 total yards in every season except 2017, when he played only 10 games and still eclipsed 1,200 yards. He has never averaged fewer than 22 touches per game. In 56 career games with the Cowboys, he has 48 total scores. Barring a big injury, the range of outcomes for Elliott is very small. He will wind up this season as one of the five or so best running backs in fantasy.

Kenyan Drake is wide. He could absolutely crush again, as he did with Arizona during the second half of last season. Or he could revert to what he had been his entire career before Arizona, which is a committee back.
When I am picking early, I do not want any player who has anything other than a narrow range of yearly outcomes. A high floor and obvious upside every week.

Yep that's why I don't get the Barkley pick over Zeke. It's the safer pick and could definitely still be the better pick too

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe - did we already do the "which WRs and RBs will fall out of the top 12" game?

That sounds like fun.

1. Michael Thomas, NO
2. DeAndre Hopkins, Ari
3. Davante Adams, GBQ
4. Julio Jones, Atl
5. Tyreek Hill, KCQ
6. Chris Godwin, TB
7. Kenny Golladay, Det
8. Mike Evans, TB
9. DJ Moore, Car
10. Allen Robinson II, Chi
11. Adam Thielen, Min
12. Amari Cooper, Dal

That is PPR

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe - did we already do the "which WRs and RBs will fall out of the top 12" game?

That sounds like fun.

1. Michael Thomas, NO
2. DeAndre Hopkins, Ari
3. Davante Adams, GBQ
4. Julio Jones, Atl
5. Tyreek Hill, KCQ
6. Chris Godwin, TB
7. Kenny Golladay, Det
8. Mike Evans, TB
9. DJ Moore, Car
10. Allen Robinson II, Chi
11. Adam Thielen, Min
12. Amari Cooper, Dal

That is PPR

Not officially, no.
I seem to rename it every year and then forget what I called it.
And Shane, or J13 (what is a shorter version of your handle you prefer?), we usually use the Fantasy Pros rankings for standard leagues.

How about i throw something together after I find my old posts/data. (I will invite the usual participants.)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not officially, no.
I seem to rename it every year and then forget what I called it.
And Shane, or J13 (what is a shorter version of your handle you prefer?), we usually use the Fantasy Pros rankings for standard leagues.

How about i throw something together after I find my old posts/data. (I will invite the usual participants.)

SJ is fine haha

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until this year.

I agree on Zeke he's my clear RB1 in standard and RB2 in PPR formats

Kenyan he's been going mid 2nd in most of the drafts i've seen and all the 2nd round guys carry risk, but they all feel way safer than the 3rd rounders to me.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Zeke he's my clear RB1 in standard and RB2 in PPR formats

Kenyan he's been going mid 2nd in most of the drafts i've seen and all the 2nd round guys carry risk, but they all feel way safer than the 3rd rounders to me.

Seen drake at end of 1st, mid 2nd seems right to me

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm drafting Drake anywhere between late 1st and mid 2nd and feeling super confident in it. Dude is gonna be an absolute STUD this year.
Based on 8 games?
What about the the other 54?
Tough defensive division too.