• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that shoulder is worse than he's letting on, but hopefully we find out in a couple months
We're gonna find out this year or next.... assuming if we don't get a season this year that players aren't a year of service.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being humble is overrated as fuck. I want a QB with the kind of chip on his shoulder that Cam has here. He's still all about the team, and always has been no matter what or how people want to paint him, even while keeping that attitude. Love it.
princess-bride-meme.jpg

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick has continuously found the dumbest shit to get him and his team riled up about, and is regarded as the greatest coach of all time. But when Cam Newton uses legit reasons to light a fire under his ass, he gets shit on for it. Smh smh.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said in the video you quoted that HE was the one putting bad tape out. Did he say it was his receivers not being anything of relevance? Did he say it was Ron Rivera being shit? Nah. I don't think that's a very selfish attitude, but I could be wrong.
I'll give ya that, the one 5 seconds out of those five minutes where he took an iota of personal responsibility for his situation, he most certainly did..then it was five minutes of me, me, me, not one mention of being excited to be playing for NE, not one mention of new teamates, not one "thankful to be given this opportunity", not even anything resembling a mix of selfishness and team with something like- I'm gonna go out and win NE a super bowl" I'm gonna put the Patriots on my back and carry them to the playoffs"..nothing. No team. Just like his play on the field. Break the huddle, "you guys go on, imma sit here in the ground for a few extra seconds so everyone knows its about me", score a TD, " Imma turn my back on my teamates, find a camera, pose first, and maybe then I'll acknowledge the other ten guys that got me here" something bad happened? "Imma sit on the bench with this towel, nobody talk to me"
Hes never been about the team, his on field antics, his interviews consistently prove it. And those teamates that say good things about him? Yeah, THATS being a good teammate, supporting your teammate regardless of wether he deserves or not.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick has continuously found the dumbest shit to get him and his team riled up about, and is regarded as the greatest coach of all time. But when Cam Newton uses legit reasons to light a fire under his ass, he gets shit on for it. Smh smh.
He gets a lot of shit for that tactic, and that isnt why hes considered a great coach. His jewelry collection is why hes considered a great coach..because he produces results

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious as to what got edited out of that video at about the 2:30 mark though..becuase he mention Kuechly, Davis and Moore...but then it blips...and he talks about how hes gotta roar...really wanna know what he was going to say there

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious as to what got edited out of that video at about the 2:30 mark though..becuase he mention Kuechly, Davis and Moore...but then it blips...and he talks about how hes gotta roar...really wanna know what he was going to say there
I'd guess it was something about the injuries they played through.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so weird.

On the cusp of August, where in prior seasons we were arguing the differences between players; getting annoyed at the random "rate-my-team" posters who would then get angry for the honest feedback; as well as gearing up for any redraft leagues.

Sadly, this board is barely breathing.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so weird.

On the cusp of August, where in prior seasons we were arguing the differences between players; getting annoyed at the random "rate-my-team" posters who would then get angry for the honest feedback; as well as gearing up for any redraft leagues.

Sadly, this board is barely breathing.
Yeah, for me personally, I'm just trying not to get my hopes too high until I actually see real football happening. Getting all excited and then getting disappointed just doesn't sound like fun

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for me personally, I'm just trying not to get my hopes too high until I actually see real football happening. Getting all excited and then getting disappointed just doesn't sound like fun
NFLPA approved the plan. Thats gotta be promising.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLPA approved the plan. Thats gotta be promising.
Thats a damned good sign.

Now the big thing to debate is who and how many opt out, how will that affect rosters and what not.
I.e., the Chiefs online is gonna be weakened, and it wasnt exactly a strength to begin with. Wasnt bad, but wasnt great.

Rumors that Gurley is having reservations too, that'll be a game changer for sure, if it happens. And will it snowball from there?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a damned good sign.
Now the big thing to debate is who and how many opt out, how will that affect rosters and what not.
I.e., the Chiefs online is gonna be weakened, and it wasnt exactly a strength to begin with. Wasnt bad, but wasnt great.
Rumors that Gurley is having reservations too, that'll be a game changer for sure, if it happens. And will it snowball from there?
Well, at least the incentive to opt out isn't like unemployment (where some actually ended up with raises). Guess some of that decision will come down to who has been smart with their $$. .... I'm just glad at this point I have backups to my prime starters in dynasty. ....
It's gonna be a slipper-slope for many commish's - expand rosters, should opt out(s) be placed in some type reserve status (keeper leagues), etc. At least, as of now, we should know who before most league drafts.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VOLUNTARY OPT-OUTS

Baltimore Ravens: KR De'Anthony Thomas, OL Andre Smith

Buffalo Bills: DT Star Lotulelei

Dallas Cowboys: CB Maurice Canady, WR Stephen Guidry

Denver Broncos: DT Kyle Peko

Houston Texans: DT Eddie Vanderdoes

Kansas City Chiefs: OL Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

New England Patriots: LB Dont'a Hightower, FB Dan Vitale, RB Brandon Bolden, OL Najee Toran
New Orleans Saints: TE Cole Wick

Seattle Seahawks: OL Chance Warmack

Tennessee Titans: OL Anthony McKinney

HIGHER RISK OPT-OUTS
Minnesota Vikings: DT Michael Pierce

New England Patriots: OL Marcus Cannon

Washington Football Team: DE Caleb Brantley

UNSPECIFIED OPT-OUTS

Chicago Bears: DT Eddie Goldman

New England Patriots: S Patrick Chung

Philadelphia Eagles: WR Marquise Goodwin

and its just started

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rookies:
RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn TB
WR Justin Jefferson MIN

Just to clarify, these 2 are in isolation for now possibly due to exposed risks.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VOLUNTARY OPT-OUTS

Baltimore Ravens: KR De'Anthony Thomas, OL Andre Smith

Buffalo Bills: DT Star Lotulelei

Dallas Cowboys: CB Maurice Canady, WR Stephen Guidry

Denver Broncos: DT Kyle Peko

Houston Texans: DT Eddie Vanderdoes

Kansas City Chiefs: OL Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

New England Patriots: LB Dont'a Hightower, FB Dan Vitale, RB Brandon Bolden, OL Najee Toran
New Orleans Saints: TE Cole Wick

Seattle Seahawks: OL Chance Warmack

Tennessee Titans: OL Anthony McKinney

HIGHER RISK OPT-OUTS
Minnesota Vikings: DT Michael Pierce

New England Patriots: OL Marcus Cannon

Washington Football Team: DE Caleb Brantley

UNSPECIFIED OPT-OUTS

Chicago Bears: DT Eddie Goldman

New England Patriots: S Patrick Chung

Philadelphia Eagles: WR Marquise Goodwin

and its just started
At some point, the heart and soul of some fantasy owners teams will be ripped away..its gonna happen

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point, the heart and soul of some fantasy owners teams will be ripped away..its gonna happen
opt outs pouring in, and a season in limbo, baseball made it was 48 hours before it was an issue. Hard to get excited or even think about it now

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With opts, and maybe a cancelled seasons. Dont you think positions such as RB, and QB are gonna beecome bogged down. Less injuries, maybe less reting. more active players

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With opts, and maybe a cancelled seasons. Dont you think positions such as RB, and QB are gonna beecome bogged down. Less injuries, maybe less reting. more active players
If it keeps going, and if they keep playing anyways, I think it'll be a lot like 1987. A shit ton of "who the f is that guy?"

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If teams promote practice squad players or need to sign guys off the street, I'm sure some will have that overzealous mentality that they need to hit harder, or play more physical to get the attention of the coaches.