• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the rookies may have a rough go of it.
That will likely be the case. With limited team activities, it will be more difficult for rooks learning new systems to gel with their team-mates. Vets will definitely have a leg up to start the season. ....

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys dabble in best ball? Just finished my first ever draft for that game type and I can say the draft is much different than regular redraft leagues I've been involved in.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys didn't take the bait, so I'm gonna post my team/draft anyway (the "Rate My Team Forum seems dead, or I'd post it there)

Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1FLX, 1TE, 1DST
PPR scoring with no bonuses.

Screenshot (14).png Screenshot (15).png

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this one a start up? Those rookies were flying off the board. Maybe i missed him, but is Snell still available i'd definitely cuff Conner if i were to draft him.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this one a start up? Those rookies were flying off the board. Maybe i missed him, but is Snell still available i'd definitely cuff Conner if i were to draft him.
It's a Best Ball draft. You draft your team, no transactions through the year, and the site starts your best players each week (they determine your best players after the week is done). They literally give you the points of the best players on your team each week.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a Best Ball draft. You draft your team, no transactions through the year, and the site starts your best players each week (they determine your best players after the week is done). They literally give you the points of the best players on your team each week.
Any thoughts with this information taken into account, @Stomp? Like I said, this is my first ever Best Ball draft and I'm just itching for some outside perspective from this board.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts with this information taken into account, @Stomp? Like I said, this is my first ever Best Ball draft and I'm just itching for some outside perspective from this board.
I've never done it, but looks like you want the most guys with high ceilings and don't worry as much about their floors.

Those WRs that pop off 3-4 weeks and you never know when to start them so you miss out on the good weeks and wind up starting them for the bad weeks. Those guys can be good here because that problem takes care of itself. The low volume big play guys.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't do best ball, so I wouldn't feel comfortable crtiqueing it much. Given what was available when you where OTC, I would've made different choices in rounds 1-4, but think that regardless of format, you got great value in Diggs, McLuarin, and Brieda. And IMHO, I love your TE pairing for best ball, especially with such a small investment

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys dabble in best ball? Just finished my first ever draft for that game type and I can say the draft is much different than regular redraft leagues I've been involved in.

You guys didn't take the bait, so I'm gonna post my team/draft anyway (the "Rate My Team Forum seems dead, or I'd post it there)

Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1FLX, 1TE, 1DST
PPR scoring with no bonuses.

View attachment 247306 View attachment 247307

i do best ball. Drafts are a bit different. You can afford to gamble on alot of guys that have "big games" but disappear......like djax etc....your looking for blow ups........a guy who is consistent 8 points per week isnt your guy.....

Your first pick of hill is perfect.....i likely wouldnt of taken drake that high, but hes another one thats good for best ball, big games ...........

conner round 3, nah pass not in best ball.....his workload is in question. If hes the bellcow then yeah hes a steal......

Ridley yeah.. im in

Diggs and josh allen, nope...low volume passing. not in best ball. Allen was saved alot last year by rushing scores, does he continue to get that, or do they save his body and give them to the big rookie ........he also didnt have a ton of huge games, was remarkably consistent, no need to take him there...

mclaurin is a steal.

James white i cant fault there.

Marvin jones is a fn steal there in best ball IMHO

I likely wouldnt of touched alshon but i guess he has upside if he plays hes their top guy still right? perfect late best ball pick

Last rounds your looking for those guys that have massve upside......armstead if fournette goes down, but guys like tedd ginn, john ross, etc that have 2-3-4 massive games a year.....

Your're team isnt bad Some moves I wouldnt of made......but IMHO in best bell i like to do this........

first 2-3 rounds, get your base, security just like any other league. Rounds 3-5 still some security, but your still looking higher upside........beyond 5 HIGH UPSIDE highly volatile players....gamble

Just for instance, look where u took josh allen, right after him, wentz, brees, rodgers, brady, newton, goff. you took 3 qb's, you start 1. You could have waited and filled in that 1 per week with any of those names and some others..... No need to take a low volume passer.....who may not get the goal line this year.....

For a best ball league, teams 3-9-10 are my favorites.....re looking again, you had some tough spots where u were picking, think u did ok.

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do best ball. Drafts are a bit different. You can afford to gamble on alot of guys that have "big games" but disappear......like djax etc....your looking for blow ups........a guy who is consistent 8 points per week isnt your guy.....

Your first pick of hill is perfect.....i likely wouldnt of taken drake that high, but hes another one thats good for best ball, big games ...........

conner round 3, nah pass not in best ball.....his workload is in question. If hes the bellcow then yeah hes a steal......

Ridley yeah.. im in

Diggs and josh allen, nope...low volume passing. not in best ball. Allen was saved alot last year by rushing scores, does he continue to get that, or do they save his body and give them to the big rookie ........he also didnt have a ton of huge games, was remarkably consistent, no need to take him there...

mclaurin is a steal.

James white i cant fault there.

Marvin jones is a fn steal there in best ball IMHO

I likely wouldnt of touched alshon but i guess he has upside if he plays hes their top guy still right? perfect late best ball pick

Last rounds your looking for those guys that have massve upside......armstead if fournette goes down, but guys like tedd ginn, john ross, etc that have 2-3-4 massive games a year.....

Your're team isnt bad Some moves I wouldnt of made......but IMHO in best bell i like to do this........

first 2-3 rounds, get your base, security just like any other league. Rounds 3-5 still some security, but your still looking higher upside........beyond 5 HIGH UPSIDE highly volatile players....gamble

Just for instance, look where u took josh allen, right after him, wentz, brees, rodgers, brady, newton, goff. you took 3 qb's, you start 1. You could have waited and filled in that 1 per week with any of those names and some others..... No need to take a low volume passer.....who may not get the goal line this year.....

For a best ball league, teams 3-9-10 are my favorites.....re looking again, you had some tough spots where u were picking, think u did ok.
Thanks for the input, man. Means a ton and you clearly know what you're talking about.

My thinking with Allen and Diggs is that the Bills might be more inclined to pass more now with 1) a QB that is a year older/more mature and 2) an actual LEGIT WR1 (to go along with 2 very good complimentary pieces plus a serviceable TE in Dawson Knox) and that if/when Diggs has his blow ups (he will) that it means that Allen is going to be doing the same. Plus the fact that Allen does have the rushing upside. He did finish QB6 overall last year and was QB7 as far as PPG, so I think getting him at QB8 is about right.

I actually like my QB2 more than the guys that were picked after Allen/before Stafford (surprise surprise).

To be honest, I think my biggest 'steal' was Goedart at TE14 and then being able to pair him up with Jarwin the following pick. Goedart is poised for an even more expanded role and if Ertz misses time? Wooooo buddy that's pay-dirt.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those WRs that pop off 3-4 weeks and you never know when to start them so you miss out on the good weeks and wind up starting them for the bad weeks. Those guys can be good here because that problem takes care of itself. The low volume big play guys.

Did you just copy and paste this from Amari Cooper wiki page?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the input, man. Means a ton and you clearly know what you're talking about.

My thinking with Allen and Diggs is that the Bills might be more inclined to pass more now with 1) a QB that is a year older/more mature and 2) an actual LEGIT WR1 (to go along with 2 very good complimentary pieces plus a serviceable TE in Dawson Knox) and that if/when Diggs has his blow ups (he will) that it means that Allen is going to be doing the same. Plus the fact that Allen does have the rushing upside. He did finish QB6 overall last year and was QB7 as far as PPG, so I think getting him at QB8 is about right.

I actually like my QB2 more than the guys that were picked after Allen/before Stafford (surprise surprise).

To be honest, I think my biggest 'steal' was Goedart at TE14 and then being able to pair him up with Jarwin the following pick. Goedart is poised for an even more expanded role and if Ertz misses time? Wooooo buddy that's pay-dirt.
yeah i mean i can see the thinking with allen, im just not on board.

I guess what i meant was with allen, he cleared 20 fppg 6 times. 25 points twice......

jared goff cleared 20 ppg 6 times as well....and 25 twice as well........

granted allen cleared 30 1 time........

even rivers did 4 times......

I guess I just am always looking to save, and if i can get 4-5-6 weeks from a qb 3 rounds later im going there. If you believe in allen, like you do stafford, then its a good pick. Qb 7-8 doesnt entice me a ton, because its a back end starter, and i can likely muddle together with a trio of late round picks the same production. Again this is just MY PERSONAL thoughts.

goedert is a steal if ertz gets hurt. If he doesnt, does his role shrink? they certainly added more pass catchers...goedert was at his best with a hurt ertz.......the upside is immense though.

jarwin is a steal too IMHO.....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will never draft Amari ever again. I traded him a couple years back mid-season bc I was sick of his inconsistency then of course after I trade him he has huge games but of course still inconsistent, it just helped the other guy bc it was during the playoffs. Fuck him. I don't care if somehow becomes the best WR in the league this year...never again.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper gets started every week. I'm more talking about the WR3/4/5s.

But yeah Cooper is probably great for best ball. You get his top weeks and your WR6 fills in when he 0.0s.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton on being unemployed for 86 days.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton on being unemployed for 86 days.

What a joke. Its still all about him. I'm disrespected. Im better than everyone else whose been signed. What I gave, others wouldn't give. Please, what a narcissist.
And now apparently he's Simba. Is he dropping the Superman shirt tear, and gonna ask Isiah Wynne to lift him up to the heavens like they're on pride rock??
Not humbled whatsoever

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This man is about to shut a lot of people up, and I'm all the way here for it.

I think that shoulder is worse than he's letting on, but hopefully we find out in a couple months

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke. Its still all about him. I'm disrespected. Im better than everyone else whose been signed. What I gave, others wouldn't give. Please, what a narcissist.
And now apparently he's Simba. Is he dropping the Superman shirt tear, and gonna ask Isiah Wynne to lift him up to the heavens like they're on pride rock??
Not humbled whatsoever
Being humble is overrated as fuck. I want a QB with the kind of chip on his shoulder that Cam has here. He's still all about the team, and always has been no matter what or how people want to paint him, even while keeping that attitude. Love it.