• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE is always about the value of the top few guys vs the absolute cluster behind them. Not necessarily about boom wks, those are just bonus.

Kittle and Kelce were top 36 in PPG out of Rb/Wr/Te last yr, without one amazing wk over 24pts on the resume. That's impressive

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE is always about the value of the top few guys vs the absolute cluster behind them. Not necessarily about boom wks, those are just bonus.

Kittle and Kelce were top 36 in PPG out of Rb/Wr/Te last yr, without one amazing wk over 24pts on the resume. That's impressive
Yeah, but Andrews, and Ertz, and Waller were right there with 'em...Andrews in between 'em in fact..and they did have big ones.

Yes, the TE value is based on those few that make it so top heavy...the top is still valuable, but since there's now 5-6 at the top, and not just 2-3, its not quite such a big advantage to have one of the top 2. Kittle and Kelce still the leaders of the pack, but the gap has narrowed between them and the next step down.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Andrews, and Ertz, and Waller were right there with 'em...Andrews in between 'em in fact..and they did have big ones.

Yes, the TE value is based on those few that make it so top heavy...the top is still valuable, but since there's now 5-6 at the top, and not just 2-3, its not quite such a big advantage to have one of the top 2. Kittle and Kelce still the leaders of the pack, but the gap has narrowed between them and the next step down.

Those guys are 25-30 spots behind when you look at half PPR overall flex PPG.

Ertz especially - you had to pay a premium if you had him last yr, and he finished a tier below his draft day investment.

The pool behind the top tier is as good as it's ever been right now, but its still a step down. TE has always been a "don't invest early" draft day position, it's just finally developed into less of a crapshoot behind the top guys.

For all we know now, Waller, Hooper, Andrews just had their best seasons of their career, and could just as easily struggle to sniff those totals again as they could produce at that level for a few yrs

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys are 25-30 spots behind when you look at half PPR overall flex PPG.

Ertz especially - you had to pay a premium if you had him last yr, and he finished a tier below his draft day investment.

The pool behind the top tier is as good as it's ever been right now, but its still a step down. TE has always been a "don't invest early" draft day position, it's just finally developed into less of a crapshoot behind the top guys.

For all we know now, Waller, Hooper, Andrews just had their best seasons of their career, and could just as easily struggle to sniff those totals again as they could produce at that level for a few yrs
I dunno about the others, but if the Raiders replace Carr, then Waller probably has had his best season. Anyone else under center, there just might be WR involvement

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not as drastic, but their are a few guys getting this treatment this year.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that ESPN is trying to trade Al Michels away from NBC.
Guess trades go beyond players.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that ESPN is trying to trade Al Michels away from NBC.
Guess trades go beyond players.
Guys on the local Denver sports talk are theorizing that since ESPN offered Peyton Manning upwards of 20 million to do MNF, he said yes...IF you get Al Michaels, otherwise, no

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the coronavirus will affect player salaries in some way.

Look at all the guaranteed money that gets shelled out so gratuitously. Im sure the owners "expect" a certain amount from ticket sales, concessions, advertising and television. But if those teams/leagues dont play... would they still get that "expected" money?

This may be their wake up call. Or not.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the coronavirus will affect player salaries in some way.

Look at all the guaranteed money that gets shelled out so gratuitously. Im sure the owners "expect" a certain amount from ticket sales, concessions, advertising and television. But if those teams/leagues dont play... would they still get that "expected" money?

This may be their wake up call. Or not.

I don't really know per say, but if the sport gets called off no one gets paid IMO.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know per say, but if the sport gets called off no one gets paid IMO.
Which is kind of my point about the guaranteed money. Maybe they wont offer so much now that they know that no money coming in is a possibility.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is kind of my point about the guaranteed money. Maybe they wont offer so much now that they know that no money coming in is a possibility.

Not sure I follow, because even if guaranteed money is offered I don't think teams are on the hook for the money if sporting events are cancelled due to a epidemic. I could be wrong on that point.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I follow, because even if guaranteed money is offered I don't think teams are on the hook for the money if sporting events are cancelled due to a epidemic. I could be wrong on that point.
Well now you have me second guessing it. I thought guaranteed meant guaranteed and wasnt based on number of games played or performance.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now you have me second guessing it. I thought guaranteed meant guaranteed and wasnt based on number of games played or performance.
As did I. We're as base salary I thought was distributed over games. Injuries counting towards game

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As did I. We're as base salary I thought was distributed over games. Injuries counting towards game

Not really sure TBH, however think acts of god relieve businesses from having to pay for services not rendered even if guaranteed for normal happenings. Just seems common sense.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure TBH, however think acts of god relieve businesses from having to pay for services not rendered even if guaranteed for normal happenings. Just seems common sense.
NflpA I'm sure disagrees but yeah

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe

one of the writers on rotoworld (Michelle Magduzik) literally just posted the "which top RBs aren't going to repeat this year" game that you have posted on here consistently over the last few years.

like, its seriously just a verbatim rip off - she even calls out the # of RBs that failed to repeat over the last few years before she asks "so who doesn't repeat in 2020? - try to name 6"

for some odd reason it shows up on my twitter app on phone, but not on website, so I can't post a picture of her stealing your idea/work

so it is confirmed, the "experts" are totally reading these posts and stealing this work, not just a conspiracy theory any longer @TREFF