• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams post game , still competing ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And whose fault is it that he has no talent? The TE raved about Thomas and had to have him. That was a mistake. Our OLine coach raved about he OLine...so far he has been dead wrong.

Where does the buck stop? I think you are now understanding why this offseason had to be successful and why several posters and other pundits are confused at RR and Smith's approach. This is their fault.

You always state that we can't fill ALL holes but we aren't even filling a few holes. You say this every year. We aren't even trying!

Signing Sean Davis, Logan Thomas and Cornelious Lucas are NOT serious efforts at addressing major holes and you know that.
No one , other then Snyder , is at fault . They weren’t here and who knows what powers they had

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And whose fault is it that he has no talent? The TE raved about Thomas and had to have him. That was a mistake. Our OLine coach raved about he OLine...so far he has been dead wrong.

Where does the buck stop? I think you are now understanding why this offseason had to be successful and why several posters and other pundits are confused at RR and Smith's approach. This is their fault.

You always state that we can't fill ALL holes but we aren't even filling a few holes. You say this every year. We aren't even trying!

Signing Sean Davis, Logan Thomas and Cornelious Lucas are NOT serious efforts at addressing major holes and you know that.
No one , other then Snyder , is at fault . They weren’t here and who knows what powers they had , and look at the cap for just once

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one , other then Snyder , is at fault . They weren’t here and who knows what powers they had , and look at the cap for just once

Synder is a moron and a awful person but no....he did not sign these crappy free agents. That is RR 100%. Now if you feel RR was the best we can do because of Snyder that is a different story. I highly doubt Louis Riddick would have turned down a GM offer.

For some reasons, coaches dream of being GMs and I believe that is why RR came here. Instead of going after an up and coming Coordinator, we went witht the failed former coach and gave him dictator powers. That was my first feeling this was not going to work.

Coaches do not make good GMs. There is a list of the size of Texas of failed Coach/GM combos.

Bottom line is RR thought 1 of 2 things:

1. He wanted to tank period. Save cap room and get high draft picks.
2. He thought he could bring in yes men and mediocre talent that he thought he could coach up.

I am not interested in either of those approaches. Unless he turns this around next year, he is gone after year 3.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be noted that personnel decisions were made by Kyle Smith and RR. It might also be noted that Kyle Smith was not behind drafting Haskins.

There are many here that are making major decisions based on 5 games. I don't think RR sucks as a coach and I don't think he is great. Being diagnosed with cancer can't have helped him or JDR. Way too soon to make a decision on Turner.

Just look at the offseason RR has had since he came here. Sexual harassment in the organization, loss of team name and identity and as mentioned his own physical health. Give the guy a chance at least.

I agree. While Smith appears to have a good drafting mind, he and RR struck out in their first FA offseason IMO.

I am on the fence with RR as a head coach. He had 3 winning season in 9 in Carolina. It is conceivable that he will have 3 winning seasons in 10 between WAS and CAR. There was a reason CAR gave him the boot mid season.

While he should not be fired now OR even next year, the warning signs of bad decisions are there. I am talking about GM and personnel decisions. Smith needs to take his part of the blame as well. It does scare me that Smith/RR offered Amari Cooper 20 million plus a year. That would have been awful.

He did walk into a mess but all of the things you mentioned happened after the draft and FA. As a person with multiple family members with cancer, I fully support and wish RR the best. However, there was no indication of his illness according to until July which was several months afer the draft and the bulk of free agency. Bottom line, they just made some bad decisions and we will need to hope that next offseason is much different.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. While Smith appears to have a good drafting mind, he and RR struck out in their first FA offseason IMO.

I am on the fence with RR as a head coach. He had 3 winning season in 9 in Carolina. It is conceivable that he will have 3 winning seasons in 10 between WAS and CAR. There was a reason CAR gave him the boot mid season.

While he should not be fired now OR even next year, the warning signs of bad decisions are there. I am talking about GM and personnel decisions. Smith needs to take his part of the blame as well. It does scare me that Smith/RR offered Amari Cooper 20 million plus a year. That would have been awful.

He did walk into a mess but all of the things you mentioned happened after the draft and FA. As a person with multiple family members with cancer, I fully support and wish RR the best. However, there was no indication of his illness according to until July which was several months afer the draft and the bulk of free agency. Bottom line, they just made some bad decisions and we will need to hope that next offseason is much different.
Cancer was detected in July, my guess is it started before that.

duke, I am well aware of your position in the past offseason. I haven't change my mind about not paying 4 FAs this year. My position was lets have another draft and see where we are at. I still feel the same. So repeating over an over again isn't going to change my mind. You have your opinion and I have mine. :suds:

What I forgot to mention (everyone is in the same boat) is no real offseason for Haskin's or any player because it was an all new coaching staff. I was not for giving Cooper $20 million. We agree there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Synder is a moron and a awful person but no....he did not sign these crappy free agents. That is RR 100%. Now if you feel RR was the best we can do because of Snyder that is a different story. I highly doubt Louis Riddick would have turned down a GM offer.

For some reasons, coaches dream of being GMs and I believe that is why RR came here. Instead of going after an up and coming Coordinator, we went witht the failed former coach and gave him dictator powers. That was my first feeling this was not going to work.

Coaches do not make good GMs. There is a list of the size of Texas of failed Coach/GM combos.

Bottom line is RR thought 1 of 2 things:

1. He wanted to tank period. Save cap room and get high draft picks.
2. He thought he could bring in yes men and mediocre talent that he thought he could coach up.

I am not interested in either of those approaches. Unless he turns this around next year, he is gone after year 3.
Who hired Allen , Snyder ,
why didn’t we have cap space to sign good players ? Allen

Who made the culture so toxic that good FA’s. Don’t want to sign here I. E. Cooper Snyder

What Fa. Didn’t we not go after that could have turned this around ?

Last I checked there is no GM in RR ‘s title

So the draft netted us young who will be a force and allow us to move on from RK or get him cheap AG looks like a feature back

A let’s be real who allowed the holes on this team to fester for years ?

I don’t see ANY coach turning this around next year when you have to start over at qb. This isn’t madden or fantasy football .Ex You can’t replace 40 players in one year with 70 mil in cap space and 7 draft picks

If that’s your expectation then you Need to hit the bottle because it isn’t happening

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just pissed in my own corn flakes since I'm the one who has been talking about too much DRAMA here but the devil made me do it.

cmon you got to keep a positive attitude.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So 7-4 the rest of the way? Ballsy. I am impressed, and I wish I had your optimism.

I would be surprised is seven wins doesn’t win our division.

We wont beat Pitt and Seattle. Everybody else is winnable. With Dak out it changes things.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We wont beat Pitt and Seattle. Everybody else is winnable. With Dak out it changes things.

It's interesting you think Pitt is not winnable but other teams on the schedule you think are "winnable". I guess you are going off the name alone...they beat the Texans by 7, Eagles by 9 that was close till the end, Broncos by 5 and the Giants by 10. We will see what they are made of but not overly impressive.

I think Washington has 5-6 winnable games but you seem to be just chalking up the "winnable games" as wins, when you are the worst offensive team in the league you are more likely to split those games then win most.

For example, I think the Bengals would beat Washington right now.
The Lions are 50-50 but the Lions probably win.
The Giants games are winnable but probably a split.
The Eagles are getting a little better and by season end could be way more healthy.
The Cowboys have Dalton still and an explosive offense.
The 49ers by season end should be healthy and sort of back to form.

If I had to guess a record for Washington at this point it would be either 4 or 5 wins barring a total revamp in the offense and Kyle Allen playing above average. I think that will be a top 5 pick.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon you got to keep a positive attitude.
this is one of the most active boards and the most active team boards on the forum . talking football arguing your position is what this forum is all about . i dont begrudge anyone stepping back and being measured in responses and not wanting to mix it up . but to me drama means one person undercutting another , trying to get rid of people , things like that .

arguing the hell out of your position isnt drama its football talk , its chest thumping , its i am right and you are wrong with somebody eating crow at the end

i dont know what anyone wants in a message board . what are we going to do talk about stats ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is one of the most active boards and the most active team boards on the forum . talking football arguing your position is what this forum is all about . i dont begrudge anyone stepping back and being measured in responses and not wanting to mix it up . but to me drama means one person undercutting another , trying to get rid of people , things like that .

arguing the hell out of your position isnt drama its football talk , its chest thumping , its i am right and you are wrong with somebody eating crow at the end

i dont know what anyone wants in a message board . what are we going to do talk about stats ?

Im just shocked that a lot of posters on here already gave up on this team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just shocked that a lot of posters on here already gave up on this team.
you shouldnt be . if you looked at the roster , saw the upheavel and turmoil , it had no where to go but down

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you shouldnt be . if you looked at the roster , saw the upheavel and turmoil , it had no where to go but down

you are making that assumption without giving Allen a full game. A win on Sunday turns this season right around.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are making that assumption without giving Allen a full game. A win on Sunday turns this season right around.
a win sunday doesnt mean anything . it means we are a losing team that beat another losing team