• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams post game , still competing ?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...that AJ Green guy was horrible, as was Jeremy Hill, Giovanni Bernard, Tyler Eiffert, and Marvin Jones.
Compared to what he has now, not even close

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So much for the defense carrying this team. We don't have an offense, our defense has regressed....

Unless we are living the NFL version of "Hoosiers", I don't see it getting any better. We might literally have the least talented roster in the NFL. I say we trade Kerrigan and Haskins at the deadline or anyone else of value who is not in our future plans if possible.

I am not sure how RR gets the team out of this mess. I do think Turner is gone after this year though. He was a mistake.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for the defense carrying this team. We don't have an offense, our defense has regressed....

Unless we are living the NFL version of "Hoosiers", I don't see it getting any better. We might literally have the least talented roster in the NFL. I say we trade Kerrigan and Haskins at the deadline or anyone else of value who is not in our future plans if possible.

I am not sure how RR gets the team out of this mess. I do think Turner is gone after this year though. He was a mistake.
I'm not a shill for Turner, I have no idea yet if he is good or a mistake. But to judge him after 5 games with the complete lack of talent on the offense is a bit premature. He's got an offensive line that is the worst in the league. He's got no QB to speak of. No TE. The only thing he has are Gibson and Mclaurin. If that is all you got, anyone of us can design a defensive scheme to completely shut down the offense. Lets stop with the knee jerk reactions. Contrary to what is coming from the Park over the last 2 weeks, this is an evaluation year. For both talent and coaches.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s give guys a chance , we are judging turner after 5 games with no talent ?

You cant plug all these holes in an off season . This isn’t a video game

I said this team was a 3 win team from the beginning and it’s proving to be that

I am disappointed In RR for his flip , flopping

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a shill for Turner, I have no idea yet if he is good or a mistake. But to judge him after 5 games with the complete lack of talent on the offense is a bit premature. He's got an offensive line that is the worst in the league. He's got no QB to speak of. No TE. The only thing he has are Gibson and Mclaurin. If that is all you got, anyone of us can design a defensive scheme to completely shut down the offense. Lets stop with the knee jerk reactions. Contrary to what is coming from the Park over the last 2 weeks, this is an evaluation year. For both talent and coaches.

I would not have hired a first time OC in the NFL to develop a rookie QB and restart an offense. We probably should have looked for a veteran OC who could taylor and offense around Haskins. Just a thought. Turner could be the next McDaniels, we do not know. What we do know is that the offense is not progressing at all from week to week.

I agree with your comments about the lack of talent on offense and said this several times during the offseason and was mocked for it. I was told to 'trust the process".

RR had to address the NFLs worst offense (statistically). To do this he:

1. Brought in a first time OC that he worked with in Carolin and was loyal to him.
2. Signed and put his name on the line for a converted QB who was a career special teams player.
3. Signed a journeyman LT and career backup Guard.
4. Brought in a career back up RB to start.
5. Brought in a WR who has been on 4 teams in 5 years.

With what I just said and what you stated, who is to blame for all of this? Its Ron Rivera and Kyle Smith. Instead of addressing the offense, we are actually worse now. We have played 3 QBs, we have the worst YPC (yard per carry) in the NFL and cannot protect our QB period.

IF we want to give Turner a pass, I am fine with that but you have to blame RR and Smith for not giving Turner the chance to succeed. Same with Haskins....he simply never had a chance with the lack of support RR failed to give him. I still am concerned with the play calling and philosophy that Turner has brought to the table.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said this team was a 3 win team from the beginning and it’s proving to be that

And whose fault is it that he has no talent? The TE raved about Thomas and had to have him. That was a mistake. Our OLine coach raved about he OLine...so far he has been dead wrong.

Where does the buck stop? I think you are now understanding why this offseason had to be successful and why several posters and other pundits are confused at RR and Smith's approach. This is their fault.

You always state that we can't fill ALL holes but we aren't even filling a few holes. You say this every year. We aren't even trying!

Signing Sean Davis, Logan Thomas and Cornelious Lucas are NOT serious efforts at addressing major holes and you know that.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not have hired a first time OC in the NFL to develop a rookie QB and restart an offense. We probably should have looked for a veteran OC who could taylor and offense around Haskins. Just a thought. Turner could be the next McDaniels, we do not know. What we do know is that the offense is not progressing at all from week to week.

I agree with your comments about the lack of talent on offense and said this several times during the offseason and was mocked for it. I was told to 'trust the process".

1. Brought in a first time OC that he worked with in Carolin and was loyal to him.
2. Signed and put his name on the line for a converted QB who was a career special teams player.

With what I just said and what you stated, who is to blame for all of this? Its Ron Rivera and Kyle Smith. Instead of addressing the offense, we are actually worse now. We have played 3 QBs, we have the worst YPC (yard per carry) in the NFL and cannot protect our QB period.

IF we want to give Turner a pass, I am fine with that but you have to blame RR and Smith for not giving Turner the chance to succeed. Same with Haskins....he simply never had a chance with the lack of support RR failed to give him. I still am concerned with the play calling and philosophy that Turner has brought to the table.
I dont disagree with anything you have said,, other than who is to blame. Its not Ron. Its Dan Snyder. Ron is just a symptom of the problem. We address the symptom only, and you will still have the problem.

This all goes back to my point I tried to get to you yesterday. Ron Rivera is here because we really didn't have a choice for anyone else. And in that same vain, Turner may be here for the same reason. If you were an experience, successful position coach or OC, would you come and work for this team if you had other options? This is the place where coaches come to watch their careers die.

As for Haskins, I've had a few days to think about this. I originally held the belief that the move was premature. But I've had a chance to review the situation. This is what I know. Haskins is raw at best. Real raw. Now, two experienced HCs (gruden, Rivera) saw enough to make them realize that he is no where close, at best. Obviously Dan must have also come to that conclusion (so much for having your teenage son be your QB scout). Which leads me to believe that maybe Ron just came to the realization that the chances of him succeeding are remote. So he's punting early. And if he does, in fact, believe this, then punting early is the absolutely right thing to do. And here's why. First, Haskins wasn't his pick, but if he stays with him and he flops, he will be his problem. Second, If he is destined to flop, then you only decrease his trade value by letting him play.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with this. And have adjusted my ceiling of wins accordingly down to 4-5 wins on the season and only if they start using the little talent we have in the right positions to succeed for their limited skill set. Oline was doing better...Turners plan was too rigid and was basically a joke vs the Rams. Half time adjustment didn’t happen in the Rams games where I saw it in earlier games... hoping to see improvement in play and I actually expect it because I do think RR has the potential to change things for the better here if given the right amt of time.

And 5 games isn’t the right amt of time. Then again, 4 games was amazingly impatient for DH based on the messinging fans were receiving less than 1 day earlier. I will see the decision making thru the year and then have my own evaluation of whether RR can rise above the toxic nature of Snyder.

Lotta ball left. Too early for all this Sky is falling baloney. Football talking points change weekly in this media driven soundbite world we live on. I’ll wait to see how the story plays out.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with your points here. There are definitely some head scratchers. Since we cannot mind read RR master plan, I’m now in the ‘im rooting for the team and RR’ mode but I’m scutinizing decision making and consistent messaging of his with moves on the field to determine whether we are being sold a bag of goods or whether Danny Boy is hampering behind the scenes for some of these inexplicable moves.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont disagree with anything you have said,, other than who is to blame. Its not Ron. Its Dan Snyder. Ron is just a symptom of the problem. We address the symptom only, and you will still have the problem.
Yep. But when a coach is given the GM mantle as well...some of the blame is appropriately matched to them imo

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Haskins, I've had a few days to think about this. I originally held the belief that the move was premature. But I've had a chance to review the situation. This is what I know. Haskins is raw at best. Real raw. Now, two experienced HCs (gruden, Rivera) saw enough to make them realize that he is no where close, at best. Obviously Dan must have also come to that conclusion (so much for having your teenage son be your QB scout). Which leads me to believe that maybe Ron just came to the realization that the chances of him succeeding are remote. So he's punting early. And if he does, in fact, believe this, then punting early is the absolutely right thing to do. And here's why. First, Haskins wasn't his pick, but if he stays with him and he flops, he will be his problem. Second, If he is destined to flop, then you only decrease his trade value by letting him play.
Agreed. Come to this myself too.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And whose fault is it that he has no talent? The TE raved about Thomas and had to have him. That was a mistake. Our OLine coach raved about he OLine...so far he has been dead wrong.

Where does the buck stop? I think you are now understanding why this offseason had to be successful and why several posters and other pundits are confused at RR and Smith's approach. This is their fault.

You always state that we can't fill ALL holes but we aren't even filling a few holes. You say this every year. We aren't even trying!

Signing Sean Davis, Logan Thomas and Cornelious Lucas are NOT serious efforts at addressing major holes and you know that.

A franchise that has been deprived of talent for more than 35 years.

TEs that were available- As you can see, Logan Thomas is doing better than all others for the price we paid, with the possible exception of Jimmy Graham who was very unsuccessful with Aaron Rodgers. He also has the worst offense around him.
Austin Hooper 17/153 and 1 TD for 11 million
Jimmy Graham 17/169/4 for 8 million
Eric Ebron 14/156/1 for 6 million
Tyler Eifert 11/93/1 for 5 million
Greg Olsen 15/140/1 for 7 million
Levine Toilolo 1/13/0 For 3 million
Logan Thomas 14/106/1 for 3 million

As for the OL, did you want the coach to come out and say they suck? Should the coach also discount the effects of the pandemic and no offseason as to why the OL has not progressed and not mention injuries as another reason.

As for why people are questioning the offseason, it is because of the choice to bench Haskins after saying this was an evaluation year. Again we all ask...fill them with whom? You claimed Logan Thomas should have not been taken. I just showed you every TE mentioned this offseason and their production to this point. I think you are disillusioned by the idea of free agency. You think big names change teams all the time and perform at an ultra high level. It just is not how it goes.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be noted that personnel decisions were made by Kyle Smith and RR. It might also be noted that Kyle Smith was not behind drafting Haskins.

There are many here that are making major decisions based on 5 games. I don't think RR sucks as a coach and I don't think he is great. Being diagnosed with cancer can't have helped him or JDR. Way too soon to make a decision on Turner.

Just look at the offseason RR has had since he came here. Sexual harassment in the organization, loss of team name and identity and as mentioned his own physical health. Give the guy a chance at least.