• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams post game , still competing ?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, RR and ST need a remedial course in how to speak to the media. It’s like wtf is gonna be said now.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see our squad social distancing...

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a win sunday doesnt mean anything . it means we are a losing team that beat another losing team

A win Sunday would speak volumes to me especially if Allen balls out.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win Sunday would speak volumes to me especially if Allen balls out.
to you sure , to a realist it doesnt mean anything other then we beat a winless team we most likely will split with . we are a playoff team , we beat the winless giants , stop the presses

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to you sure , to a realist it doesnt mean anything other then we beat a winless team we most likely will split with . we are a playoff team , we beat the winless giants , stop the presses

If Allen balls out there would be alot more confidence in the offense and we will be in a good spot to win the division. The Giants defense is not as bad as you think. gave the Rams fits.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Allen balls out there would be alot more confidence in the offense and we will be in a good spot to win the division. The Giants defense is not as bad as you think. gave the Rams fits.
one game will not make a difference when you need to replace 23 plus players to field a competitive team . its fools gold . we cant win a superbowl with this team and taking an 8 win or less team means we are truly mediocre

i would be embarrassed winning a division with 6 or 7 wins even 8 because a playoff team means a certain level of excellence not a participation trophy

now we dont need to tank but lets be real as to what we are

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who hired Allen , Snyder ,
why didn’t we have cap space to sign good players ? Allen

Who made the culture so toxic that good FA’s. Don’t want to sign here I. E. Cooper Snyder

What Fa. Didn’t we not go after that could have turned this around ?

Last I checked there is no GM in RR ‘s title

So the draft netted us young who will be a force and allow us to move on from RK or get him cheap AG looks like a feature back

A let’s be real who allowed the holes on this team to fester for years ?

I don’t see ANY coach turning this around next year when you have to start over at qb. This isn’t madden or fantasy football .Ex You can’t replace 40 players in one year with 70 mil in cap space and 7 draft picks

If that’s your expectation then you Need to hit the bottle because it isn’t happening
I agree with most of what you said. Snyder did cause this mess but RR and Smith made it worse.

The GM title is not exactly true. Snyder said that the only voice moving forward would be the "coach" According to Snyder himself, yes, RR has GM authority.

For FA, we needed a TE, Guard and WR to start with. Same with MLB. There were tons of those options out there but RR went dumpster diving. This was a deep MLB and TE free agent class. We settled for Bostic which made no sense and struck out on Hooper and had no plan B. Bostic literally might be the worst MLB in the NFL right now. That was Smith/RR's decision.

We have had holes for year but each year you state that we can't fill all holes in 1 off season. This offseason, I am not sure we really tried at all. Allen tried to draft his way out of the mess and be patient and it didn't work.

We are starting over at QB because our franchise QB was not given protection or playmakers. Its that simple. Haskins was doomed once RR declined to bring in talent to help him. That is not on Snyder. Tagging Scheriff, botching the Williams situation and looking at journeymen is all RR and Smith. I still think Haskins might be our QB. He is immature but he cannot do the impossible and lead a team with no time to throw the ball and only 1 weapon to get the ball to.

To turn it around, we need 4 things. I believe the 49ers and Chiefs are good examples of this.

1. Good coaching
2. Good drafting
3. Good GM
4, Good free agent signings

Let review our current regime

1. Coaching: Historically speaking and currently, No. Rivera had 3 winning seasons in 9 years. Statisically speaking, no, he is not a good coach.
2. Drafting: 2 of our first 3 picks have been injured quite a bit. I will go ahead and say "unknown"
3. GM: Given the first offseason is over, I think its safe to say that RR and Smith did pretty poorly. This is a No.
4. Free Agent signings: I think we can all agree that most of these signings are busts and they were head scratchers when they were brought in. Some literally made no sense like Logan Thomas and Sean Davis

So, we are basically 1 for 4 in the categories that determine if an organization is successful after 1 offseason and almost half way through the season. If we are going to turn it around, we have to be 4 for 4 in these areas. Snyder has created an awful culture but several owners have done that. Al Davis and Marge Schott come to mind. Those teams found a way to win.

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who hired Allen , Snyder ,
why didn’t we have cap space to sign good players ? Allen

Who made the culture so toxic that good FA’s. Don’t want to sign here I. E. Cooper Snyder

What Fa. Didn’t we not go after that could have turned this around ?

Last I checked there is no GM in RR ‘s title

So the draft netted us young who will be a force and allow us to move on from RK or get him cheap AG looks like a feature back

A let’s be real who allowed the holes on this team to fester for years ?

I don’t see ANY coach turning this around next year when you have to start over at qb. This isn’t madden or fantasy football .Ex You can’t replace 40 players in one year with 70 mil in cap space and 7 draft picks

If that’s your expectation then you Need to hit the bottle because it isn’t happening

Also, if Snyder is the reason for all of this and nothing wll improve or change until he is gone, then shut down the board until he sells. You should resign at moderator and we should all stop wasting our time talking about the team. If there is no hope of improving as a team, then the board should go on hiatis.

I believe we can improve if better front office decisions are made. For that reason, I am hoping that after this RR regime is out, we hire a GM to run the show. I will give RR one more offseason to improve the team before I throw in the towe with him. I can live with a mediocre to not good coach...the NFL is full of them. What we cannot live with is bad front office decisions with building a team and bringing in talent. That is what will get RR fired I believe.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, RR and ST need a remedial course in how to speak to the media. It’s like wtf is gonna be said now.

That is because Turner is a moron. He clearly has no idea what he is doing and was a yes man to Rivera in Carolina. I am not a fan of nepotism. Lets not forget Ron’s daughter works for the team and Jack’s son is a QC. Oh yeah and Ron’a nephew is a QC too.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rams were over confident in that game. Why in the hell did you all Bench Haskins? To save him from the beating? Or just let the tanking begin?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams were over confident in that game. Why in the hell did you all Bench Haskins? To save him from the beating? Or just let the tanking begin?
Because we have an awful organization from the top down.

Can you name a worse owner
Can you name a worse coach
Can you name a roster with less talent

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we have an awful organization from the top down.

Can you name a worse owner
Can you name a worse coach
Can you name a roster with less talent
Not sure about their owner but for the last two, Adam Gase and the New York Jets?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of what you said. Snyder did cause this mess but RR and Smith made it worse.

The GM title is not exactly true. Snyder said that the only voice moving forward would be the "coach" According to Snyder himself, yes, RR has GM authority.

For FA, we needed a TE, Guard and WR to start with. Same with MLB. There were tons of those options out there but RR went dumpster diving. This was a deep MLB and TE free agent class. We settled for Bostic which made no sense and struck out on Hooper and had no plan B. Bostic literally might be the worst MLB in the NFL right now. That was Smith/RR's decision.

We have had holes for year but each year you state that we can't fill all holes in 1 off season. This offseason, I am not sure we really tried at all. Allen tried to draft his way out of the mess and be patient and it didn't work.

We are starting over at QB because our franchise QB was not given protection or playmakers. Its that simple. Haskins was doomed once RR declined to bring in talent to help him. That is not on Snyder. Tagging Scheriff, botching the Williams situation and looking at journeymen is all RR and Smith. I still think Haskins might be our QB. He is immature but he cannot do the impossible and lead a team with no time to throw the ball and only 1 weapon to get the ball to.

To turn it around, we need 4 things. I believe the 49ers and Chiefs are good examples of this.

1. Good coaching
2. Good drafting
3. Good GM

1. Coaching: Historically speaking and currently, No. Rivera had 3 winning seasons in 9 years. Statisically speaking, no, he is not a good coach.
2. Drafting: 2 of our first 3 picks have been injured quite a bit. I will go ahead and say "unknown"
3. GM: Given the first offseason is over, I think its safe to say that RR and Smith did pretty poorly. This is a No.
4. Free Agent signings: I think we can all agree that most of these signings are busts and they were head scratchers when they were brought in. Some literally made no sense like Logan Thomas and Sean Davis

So, we are basically 1 for 4 in the categories that determine if an organization is successful after 1 offseason and almost half way through the season. If we are going to turn it around, we have to be 4 for 4 in these areas. Snyder has created an awful culture but several owners have done that. Al Davis and Marge Schott come to mind. Those teams found a way to win.
You make some great arguments here Duke, I agree with most of them.

The only thing I’d stress for myself is we’ve sorta got no choice but to hope we do smarter in the future.

Hiring a real GM would help...but Danny Boy never seems to allow that other than lip service. I cite Shanahan, McClougan, Doug and Allen as examples of how we’ve failed there. Some were dressed as de facto GMs but most ended up being shadow puppets with no ultimate decision power or yes men.

Also, got to back Reversal Ron cuz we can’t blow it up again at this moment. While RR might not have the best winning track record, I definitely thing he is liked by the Locker room and has a shot to turn this around better than anyone else we’ve seen in a bit.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about their owner but for the last two, Adam Gase and the New York Jets?
There are a few organizations and coaches that have done poorly no doubt. I think this is a bit of hyperbole from Duke (but maybe he truly feels this way and I couldn’t say I blame him) BUT when you consider the length of time of dysfunction here in DC, we pretty much have drama locked up.

Also, We are a fan base that remembers well what a functioning winning organization looks like. That’s what makes us oldies so damn bitter.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we can improve if better front office decisions are made. For that reason, I am hoping that after this RR regime is out, we hire a GM to run the show. I will give RR one more offseason to improve the team before I throw in the towe with him. I can live with a mediocre to not good coach...the NFL is full of them. What we cannot live with is bad front office decisions with building a team and bringing in talent. That is what will get RR fired I believe.
Agree it is important to give RR more time. Also agree that some of his decisions are truly head scratching. And his pressers, Sheesh. Gotta think this cancer is taking a toll.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams were over confident in that game.
Why do you think this? I think they were opportunistic and they executed what good teams do. I mean who doesn’t game plan for Donald? That’s what has come out. They just left poor Wes Martin out to dry to deal with him one on one for many plays. Sheesh.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the hell did you all Bench Haskins
We have page long threads that address this for your viewing pleasure, lol. Pretty sure I wrote a synopsis on the Rams team board too as someone there asked a like question, IIRC

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is because Turner is a moron. He clearly has no idea what he is doing and was a yes man to Rivera in Carolina. I am not a fan of nepotism. Lets not forget Ron’s daughter works for the team and Jack’s son is a QC. Oh yeah and Ron’a nephew is a QC too.
I’m willing to still give Turner some more time but likely he’s out if Offensive game plans continue as we’ve seen imo. Shanny hired his son Kyle and that didn’t turn out badly...we just screwed the pooch as n organization. Nepotism is part of the NFL and gathering close the people you trust as well as giving yours an opportunity to succeed. I’m ok with that as long as they are excellent at their jobs. Just don’t wanna be the franchise guinea pig for inept nepotism, lol. Time will tell that story.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Good coaching
2. Good drafting
3. Good GM

Also, if Snyder is the reason for all of this and nothing wll improve or change until he is gone, then shut down the board until he sells. You should resign at moderator and we should all stop wasting our time talking about the team. If there is no hope of improving as a team, then the board should go on hiatis.

T
Look RR had nothing to do with the cap or draft picks he inherited . He had nothing to do with COVID . He and the team had no off season . He doesn’t Hire the GM. He had nothing to do with not paying partners or the sex scandal

What he did do was offer more money to cooper then the boys but was turned down . He offered more money to Hooper then the browns but he chose them .

But after 5 games you lay this at the feet of cancer ridden RR ?

Look RR could be a bad hire . Can’t say that he isn’t but he should get more then 5 games to get his players , his system and his culture in place

You need to get out of the video game mentality or the fantasy football mindset and understand that isn’t real and change takes time

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T
Look RR had nothing to do with the cap or draft picks he inherited . He had nothing to do with COVID . He and the team had no off season . He doesn’t Hire the GM. He had nothing to do with not paying partners or the sex scandal

What he did do was offer more money to cooper then the boys but was turned down . He offered more money to Hooper then the browns but he chose them .

Look RR could be a bad hire . Can’t say that he isn’t but he should get more then 5 games to get his players , his system and his culture in place

You need to get out of the video game mentality or the fantasy football mindset and understand that isn’t real and change takes time
Look RR had nothing to do with the cap or draft picks he inherited .
This is true but he obviously botched the Williams issue and certainly we could have gotten a better return. He actually inherited a healthy cap. He chose to keep an under peforming and over the hill Kerrigan. He chose to keep a 20 million dollar 3rd string QB in Alex Smith. Those are his decisions.

He had nothing to do with COVID . Agreed

He and the team had no off season . Agreed, but neither did any other teams.

He doesn’t Hire the GM.
Agreed...he is the defacto GM per Snyder. If he didn't want the responsibility, he should not have taken the job or demanded a GM be hired to assist him rebuild the team like Andy Reid did in KC.

He had nothing to do with not paying partners or the sex scandal.
Agreed but what did that have to do with his terrible offseason strategy? None of that was brought to light until about a month before the season started. It has nothing to do with on the field play.

What he did do was offer more money to cooper then the boys but was turned down .
That is true...but what was plan B? Inman? A good leader knows things do not always go according to plan.

He offered more money to Hooper then the browns but he chose them .
That is true...again, what was plan B? Logan Thomas? If that is the case we are in serious trouble for future free agent decisions.

The offseason decisions, yes.....it had nothing to do with his cancer diagnosis. Coaching is impacted by his treatments. As a person with a current family member with cancer, my heart goes out to him and I wish him a speed recovery. However, the items that should concern all of us happened months before any symptoms or diagnosises were made. He said that he was in the best health and shape of his life when diagnosed.

Can’t say that he isn’t but he should get more then 5 games to get his players , his system and his culture in place.
What is his culture and what is his system? Is it the system that got him 3 winning seasons in 9? If so, I am not interested. His hiring of Scott Turner should have been a warning flag. He didn't even bring in his players except Davis. Why didn't he bring in Bradberry? Bradberry has graded out as the top CB in the NFL through Week 6. This appears to be yet another miss on Rivera.

I do not have a video game mentality. I simply ask we address major holes each year (3 to4). Change can take time but that is not the case each time. There have been several teams in a dumpster fire and there was a 1 year turn around:

Andy Reid's first year in KC in 2013, they went 11-5. They brought in Reid and John Dorsey to fix the team. The 2012 Chiefs were a mess and were 2-14
Sean McVays first year in LA in 2017, they went 11-5. The 2016 LA Rams were 4-12 and have one of the worst owners in sports in Stan Kronkie.

There are other examples as well so stop claiming that I have a video game mentality when quick turn arounds do happen. I presented facts to you but they get in the way of your agenda.

Last edited: