• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams D

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though D has played better, it was Detroit and Chi? Peters still sucks, just not as bad, his interception was overthrown and right at him. still not getting to the QB as much as we should be, while Donald is getting there, the rest of them aren't, considering they should be one on one since Donald is getting double/triple teamed.
If we can shut down Jeffrey we should be fine this week and win out against Ari and Sf, unless we do like last year and sit the whole team out against SF

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fowler is going to be sweet in this 3-4 D

He definitely is.... BUT we again gave up quite a bit for a guy who will be hitting the FA market like we did with Watkins last year...
I still think it's a bunch of crap that if the former team turns down the 5th year option on these guys the new team doesn't get the chance again if the original team trades them... Wouldnt that be fair?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though D has played better, it was Detroit and Chi? Peters still sucks, just not as bad, his interception was overthrown and right at him. still not getting to the QB as much as we should be, while Donald is getting there, the rest of them aren't, considering they should be one on one since Donald is getting double/triple teamed.
If we can shut down Jeffrey we should be fine this week and win out against Ari and Sf, unless we do like last year and sit the whole team out against SF

I have to 100% agree on the DL... What the HELL are they doing(other than Donald)... Why does everyone think Chicago was so successful against our D? They didn't give a damn about Brockers, Suh and Fowler. They concentrated on Donald and it worked, which is very sad considering the talent on that line. Those guys need to wake the hell up, now!!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does everyone think Chicago was so successful
I had to lol every time I heard a talking head mention the Rams D improvement. Every time it came up they would say they only gave up 15 points. Tell me how how two field goals and one TD with a PAT kick equals 15??

Of course they are adding in the Safety the offensive gave up.

That Safety not only added the 2 points, it marked the point where the game was won and lost, and that was right out of the locker room coming out of halftime.

Our Rams managed to take the ball to the Bears 27 off of the kickoff, but by penalty and not being ready to play, two downs later they were giving up that Safety. Then on the other side of the ball, we weren't ready either.

The Bears offense, with 4 consecutive 1st downs mind you, were in scoring position at the Rams 37, and then score their only TD 2 plays later.

So there you go, it's a wrap. We give up 9 points as a team on 8 plays from scrimmage in the first 5 minutes of the second half. That dog wont hunt when you're only putting up a 6 on your end.

What really cost us the game was the fact that we weren't ready coming out locker room in the second half in all three phases of the game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You nailed it Vita!!
Funny how those same talking heads want to point the finger at Goff. Not trying to exonerate the dude, however I believe we were 'flexed' out of a win vs the Bears.

Gurley had something like 28 yards from scrimmage. GZ missed an extra point type close FG. The WR corp had many unforced drops and when they were forced, often the case, they failed to get the separation they normally do. The offensive line had many false starts, and gave up too many hurries, and sacks that led to interceptions or TFL's. Certainly didn't open up holes for Gurley.

I know that Bears defense is good, if not great that night, but so has been our offensive players all season. So I have to go back to the Flex in moving that game to a late night SNF game.

Flexing that game to a late night 'much colder' start as opposed to the original start time, put our pussy-footed high octane offense on tender ground, especially without Cooper Kupp! Temps were dropping, not rising as they originaly would have been.

That's my skinny on the game, sure the defense could have stepped up better on that first dive of the second half, but coming out of that warm locker room not ever in that situation before only gave us an experience we needed to learn.

And yes, that goes for all three phases of the game, if we need to win these types of games weather related, we need to log this game into our noggins as a learning experience in all three phases or we are doomed to repeat history!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense didn't do shit against the run, which is been the same showing since the beginning of the season. Goff has been shitting the bed as of late...making poor decisions for forcing balls into dbl and triple coverage, staring down WR's, holding onto the ball waaaaaaaay to long. I know he's young but serious lapses in judgement like that will be one of the reasons this team will be fun to watch during the regular season but met with a quick 1 and done in the playoffs again.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense didn't do shit against the run, which is been the same showing since the beginning of the season. Goff has been shitting the bed as of late...making poor decisions for forcing balls into dbl and triple coverage, staring down WR's, holding onto the ball waaaaaaaay to long. I know he's young but serious lapses in judgement like that will be one of the reasons this team will be fun to watch during the regular season but met with a quick 1 and done in the playoffs again.
Geez dude, you are a long time pal, but where do I begin.

I'll start with the Sophomore QB, did you forget? Okay, I'll admit, this is his third season, but if you cancel out the Fisher year, and you should. This is Goff's second year working with an NFL Offensive Coordinator. Can you dispute that?

Bottom line, Goff has been good, if not better than good since the Fisher exit.

So, no one can dispute, we are shit faced against the run. True that, we can improve here, but here is our true area of improvement. We should still win most of our games inspite of this fact. All teams have a weakness, and this is ours. When you think about it, this is an area of the game that is phasing out, so yes we can get burned by teams who are still behind in this area, but we can still win most of those games.

So if you are saying the best record in the NFL is 'Fun to Watch' and don't want to admit that the best record means something, than maybe home field advantage doesn't mean as much to you as it does to the rest of us.

Sure, we are in a battle for the HFA throughout the Playoffs, but that is a battle I'll root for every year, but it has nothing to do with judgement, or lapses of judgement rather stands tot he fact that we are competing for the best record in the NFC!

As far as being one and done in the playoffs, how often does an upstart team, like the Rams last year, with our record, need to face the team that likely should have been Super Bowl Champions had they played to the numbers a few months ago?

I'll tell you this, sure we should have beat them Falcons last year, but if you want to blame stare downs as the problem last year vs the Falcons, you didn't watch the game. That was all rookie mistakes, and them rookies wouldn't be in there with out injury.

Our team this year is much more seasoned, and ready for the post season.

Sure we may lose a game here or there that we shouldn't, but I think these are the lessons and not the identity of who we are.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see, Vita and Jermaine, starting tomorrow evening. Stay tuned...

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez dude, you are a long time pal, but where do I begin.

I'll start with the Sophomore QB, did you forget? Okay, I'll admit, this is his third season, but if you cancel out the Fisher year, and you should. This is Goff's second year working with an NFL Offensive Coordinator. Can you dispute that?

Bottom line, Goff has been good, if not better than good since the Fisher exit.

So, no one can dispute, we are shit faced against the run. True that, we can improve here, but here is our true area of improvement. We should still win most of our games inspite of this fact. All teams have a weakness, and this is ours. When you think about it, this is an area of the game that is phasing out, so yes we can get burned by teams who are still behind in this area, but we can still win most of those games.

So if you are saying the best record in the NFL is 'Fun to Watch' and don't want to admit that the best record means something, than maybe home field advantage doesn't mean as much to you as it does to the rest of us.

Sure, we are in a battle for the HFA throughout the Playoffs, but that is a battle I'll root for every year, but it has nothing to do with judgement, or lapses of judgement rather stands tot he fact that we are competing for the best record in the NFC!

As far as being one and done in the playoffs, how often does an upstart team, like the Rams last year, with our record, need to face the team that likely should have been Super Bowl Champions had they played to the numbers a few months ago?

I'll tell you this, sure we should have beat them Falcons last year, but if you want to blame stare downs as the problem last year vs the Falcons, you didn't watch the game. That was all rookie mistakes, and them rookies wouldn't be in there with out injury.

Our team this year is much more seasoned, and ready for the post season.

Sure we may lose a game here or there that we shouldn't, but I think these are the lessons and not the identity of who we are.

Vita, not blaming stare downs for the reason of last seasons exit. I'm referring to the turnovers and sacks that he's caused this season behind it.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely is.... BUT we again gave up quite a bit for a guy who will be hitting the FA market like we did with Watkins last year...
I still think it's a bunch of crap that if the former team turns down the 5th year option on these guys the new team doesn't get the chance again if the original team trades them... Wouldnt that be fair?

Im not sweating the picks for him and I think we have a good shot at keeping him. He’s got elite talent but I don’t think hes going to command Elite talent salary

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still trying to figure out what the Rams were doing defensively that let two Eagles receivers deep, far beyond the entire defense. Luckily, Foles got hit when he released that bomb and it became a free for all, but the Rams defenders were too far away to get what should've been an easy interception (or at least knock-down).

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Terrible investment, getting consistent one on ones next to Donald and can't make one run stuff

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Terrible investment, getting consistent one on ones next to Donald and can't make one run stuff

It will be interesting to see who pays him and how much next season. What a disappointing season for him.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if going from a 4-3 to a 3-4 has anything to do with this? We don’t rush a lot of people out of 3 downs, but Fowler and Ebukan rush a little. Got to think Wade has these guys ready in the playoffs. Everyone has to step up besides Donald

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting development. Gregg Williams has been released from the Browns. If Phillips goes for whatever reason at the end of this season, is Williams making a return to LA?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah baby pound the rock and play D. Made some big plays tonight.

NFC Championship here we come