• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gurley debacle is a pattern of mismanagement and insanity by this franchise's front office. How many players did the Rams draft, have them turn into a decent player, and then they do the same thing they did with Gurley? That is, they sign the player to a rookie contract and when he starts to becoming good, they overpay the guy, way too early, when they don't have to. Then they cut or trade the guy because the guy's performance starts to decline with the big money and we get into cap hell because of it.

Let's see. The list of this pattern of insanity starts with Robert Quinn. We drafted him. He signed a rook contract and before that contract expired, the Rams overpaid him in an extension, too soon, and then we got into cap trouble. The Rams traded him. Next, Tavon Austin. Same thing. Remember that awful contract? Out the door. Then it was Todd Gurley. Same thing. Then it was Jared Goff. Same pattern of insanity only he is still here to find the same fate. Then it was Brandin Cooks. Same thing.

This franchise, under the limp biscuit and Kevin Demoff (who is a hold-over from the days that John Shaw was still controlling things) throws money at players way too soon, and with way too much money. The player tanks and the rest of the story is clear. The thing is the rest if the league knows it.

How does a superbowl team in one year go from that level to the garbage dump where the GM is dumping contracts as fast as he can. The answer. They do it to themselves through FO mismanagement of money. Period.

Until that changes, this team will never get to another snooperbowl much less win it.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don’t need to draft a RB early.

They need to draft OL and LB.

They moved up last year to get Henderson. He should be the main guy once he has the playbook down. Brown is who he is and not worth his pay either.

I’m not necessarily disagreeing with your comment but Cory Littleton was undrafted. I’m always gonna push BPA

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not necessarily disagreeing with your comment but Cory Littleton was undrafted. I’m always gonna push BPA

That’s true, but if they don’t fix the OL, it won’t matter who is toting the rock

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s true, but if they don’t fix the OL, it won’t matter who is toting the rock

I agree and quality Olineman are much harder to find than quality LBs. I think we have a good young Oline core. Not sure what Whitworth has left but if we add a few more pieces I think they could be good. Obviously Noteboom needs to comeback and stay healthy as well. It would be nice to add a solid quality Center to this team

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gurley debacle is a pattern of mismanagement and insanity by this franchise's front office. How many players did the Rams draft, have them turn into a decent player, and then they do the same thing they did with Gurley? That is, they sign the player to a rookie contract and when he starts to becoming good, they overpay the guy, way too early, when they don't have to. Then they cut or trade the guy because the guy's performance starts to decline with the big money and we get into cap hell because of it.

Let's see. The list of this pattern of insanity starts with Robert Quinn. We drafted him. He signed a rook contract and before that contract expired, the Rams overpaid him in an extension, too soon, and then we got into cap trouble. The Rams traded him. Next, Tavon Austin. Same thing. Remember that awful contract? Out the door. Then it was Todd Gurley. Same thing. Then it was Jared Goff. Same pattern of insanity only he is still here to find the same fate. Then it was Brandin Cooks. Same thing.

This franchise, under the limp biscuit and Kevin Demoff (who is a hold-over from the days that John Shaw was still controlling things) throws money at players way too soon, and with way too much money. The player tanks and the rest of the story is clear. The thing is the rest if the league knows it.

How does a superbowl team in one year go from that level to the garbage dump where the GM is dumping contracts as fast as he can. The answer. They do it to themselves through FO mismanagement of money. Period.

Until that changes, this team will never get to another snooperbowl much less win it.
I wish that we’d look at teams like the Pats, Steelers and Packers. Year in and year out, they usually aren’t making these types of stupid moves and those teams are usually ones people are talking about as contenders in January to win the Super Bowl.
The only long term contract the past few years or so that was warranted was Donald’s. I think just about everyone here agreed that Goff’s extension was a horrible idea. And I’ve always felt that signing running backs to long term extensions isn’t the best idea more often than not since they usually have the shortest lifespan of all positions.
I’ve said my peace plenty of times about how much I loathe the stache and Dumbass, especially how they handled the move back to Los Angeles. At this point, their brand new stadium is going to have probably the same attendance or less than they did in the EJD their final years in Saint Louis if their ineptitude keeps up.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree totally, UVA. There are plenty of franchises the Rams could easily emulate but they insist on continually giving large contracts to players many of whom just plain suck like Tavon Austin or even GRob as well as good players like Gurley and Quinn. There is simply no consistent rationale to this pattern except they appear to be hellbent on putting themselves into cap hell just for what exactly? So they can cut players and disrupt chemistry? No one can figure this craziness out. And when they have the opportunity to do the right thing, they emphatically insist on standing their ground which usually means trading or cutting a great player like Ferragamo, Dickerson, or Bettis and like so many examples from the days of the Queen Idiot and John Shaw. The whole corporate behavior pattern appears to be bipolar/insane at best.

And we the fans continue to wait for people like Dick Vermeil and Kurt Warner who momentarily bring sanity and a modicum of sense that results in the cohesiveness and direction that easily culminates in a snoopererbowl win and could lead to more snooperbowl appearances and wins we all know are achievable with the level of talent we seem to always have.

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the colors, don't like the logos all that much but I suppose it'll grow on me. Looks a bit too much like the Chargers.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ram head looks okay. I would’ve made it look fierce though

The colors are good

The LA horn logo is bad. They tried to get cute with it all integrated, but it’s a bad look

But, as long as we don’t ever have to see those mustard uni’s again, then I’m good.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I keep hearing that Gurleys knee is much worse that anyone thought which is why we released him. Yes, he might push through the pain this year with the Falcons since he is on a one year deal, but every deal requires a physical which he might not pass in the future.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep LTRF. The truth is finally emerging. Gurley's knee is pretty bad and he most def took some sort of pain management measures before each game. This is why his production, agility, explosiveness, and touches all declined the last year. McVay took the heat and tried to keep it quiet. So in the end, McSnead took the only course available that was amenable to everyone to free-up a roster spot and to truly move along from Todd Gurley with grace and dignity. He may need knee replacement surgery when he finally retires which could be after this upcoming season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Janoris Jenkins is going get his contract restructured if he wants to continue playing for the Saints.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ram head looks okay. I would’ve made it look fierce though

The colors are good

The LA horn logo is bad. They tried to get cute with it all integrated, but it’s a bad look

But, as long as we don’t ever have to see those mustard uni’s again, then I’m good.
Of the four, I also liked the pissed off Ram head the best.