• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 7, The Pittsburgh Steelers @ The Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium, Sunday, October 22, 2023, 1:05PM PDT

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we are going to see what Evans can do for a few weeks ( assuming McVay actually uses the running game ).

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I research McBride ALR, the more I see what you have stated. He would be a really good back for the Rams, but of course, the ShitferBrains twins need their minis fix, I suppose!
I certainly would’ve signed him over Gaskin, who has done nothing in his career.

McBride averaged over 6 ypc in every season in college. I don’t care if he isn’t considered a receiving back if he can run and break tackles.

Stafford has plenty of receiving weapons. Also, just because they didn’t throw him the ball much in college doesn’t mean he can’t catch the ball and be utilized that way.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%, ALR. Maybe we will see McBride in a Rams uni when Gaskins gets hurt.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%, ALR. Maybe we will see him in a Rams uni when Gaskins gets hurt.
Doubt it.

If they wanted him, this was the time to swipe him. Dude averaged over 4 ypc after contact last season. Have no idea why McVay wouldn’t want a guy like that on his roster instead of Gaskin.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because McShitferBrains has an addiction to mini RBs like Hank Stram had! He needs another fix.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hendo is game ready this is awesome. He can block and is a familiar face in Stafford's backfield... in other words I think Stafford can trust him... Williams will be back in 3 or 4 weeks and Hendo will be a nice number two.

Malone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hendo is game ready this is awesome. He can block and is a familiar face in Stafford's backfield... in other words I think Stafford can trust him... Williams will be back in 3 or 4 weeks and Hendo will be a nice number two.
Who would've ever thought Cam Akers would give way to guys like Ronnie Rivers, Royce Freeman and Myles Gaskin?

Malone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Akers and McVay did not get along. If The Rams were a restaurant and McVay was the manager his running backs would be the dish washers. LOL
He does seem to treat them as more disposable than the league average. You'd think he'd value them in the offense and at least treat them as well as the valets... like backup TE Bryce Hopkins.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does seem to treat them as more disposable than the league average. You'd think he'd value them in the offense and at least treat them as well as the valets... like back TE Bryce Hopkins.
I think Williams will be a really good RB... 158 yds in the last game he is fast

Malone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Williams will be a really good RB... 158 yds in the last game he is fast
Can be a receiving threat too, not just a safety valve. Just need someone to spell him, and not the Freeman / Rivers kinda guys.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, Rivers goes on IR and Williams may join him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they can’t just be one-dimensional in the passing game with Kupp taking a huge share of the targets.

Stafford has 4 options in the passing game, and he needs to spread it around to keep the defense honest.

What’s the point of having Atwell’s speed if they aren’t going to use it at all?

That 2nd half emphasis on the run this past week ended with 28 runs and 21 passing targets for the game. 19 of the 21 targets went to Kupp (9), Nacua (7) and Higbee (3), with 1 each to Atwell and Rivers. If they're going to focus on the run, especially with Kupp back, the 4th and 5th target guys will lose out.

Are we just looking for things to complain about? McVay finally runs the ball and we're down to Atwell isn't getting enough targets? QBs only get to their 3rd, 4th, and 5th reads when the first 2 are covered. Atwell is also often used as a substitute for running plays, which wasn't needed this week.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly would’ve signed him over Gaskin, who has done nothing in his career.

McBride averaged over 6 ypc in every season in college. I don’t care if he isn’t considered a receiving back if he can run and break tackles.

Stafford has plenty of receiving weapons. Also, just because they didn’t throw him the ball much in college doesn’t mean he can’t catch the ball and be utilized that way.

It does mean something that McBride couldn't crack the Vikings' 53 though. I asked a Vikes fan about him earlier this season since I had drafted him late in my dynasty league draft and he said McBride looked like a JAG in camp. He also has a history of ball security issues. Even with all of that, the Vikings may have been inclined to elevate him to block the Rams if they tried to claim him, since they did use a pick on him.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 2nd half emphasis on the run this past week ended with 28 runs and 21 passing targets for the game. 19 of the 21 targets went to Kupp (9), Nacua (7) and Higbee (3), with 1 each to Atwell and Rivers. If they're going to focus on the run, especially with Kupp back, the 4th and 5th target guys will lose out.

Are we just looking for things to complain about? McVay finally runs the ball and we're down to Atwell isn't getting enough targets? QBs only get to their 3rd, 4th, and 5th reads when the first 2 are covered. Atwell is also often used as a substitute for running plays, which wasn't needed this week.
All I’m saying is that Stafford gets tunnel vision way too often in the passing game.

And what is the point having a speed guy like Atwell if they aren’t even going to use him, and not just down field. They don’t even use him in jet sweeps or screen plays.

It’s just baffling because McVay took him in the 2nd round, and then just refuses to use him and his speed in the game plan.

It’s the one element of the passing game that is missing, especially now that they’ve traded Jefferson away.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn straight, Dotson has helped changed the culture of the O-line. This guy along with Havenstein and Avila have turned our O-line into beast mode with nasty Smashmouth Football play especially during the run game. Another good pick-up from the AFC North!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical McVay going to use 2 has been RB’s instead of Evans against the Steelers.

Guess we will see if it even matters, because I expect him to ignore the run game using the injuries as an excuse.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams had better start looking for a better FG kicker. Maher has missed a number of FG already this season and now he is missing Extra Points. Good grief!