• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 7, The Pittsburgh Steelers @ The Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium, Sunday, October 22, 2023, 1:05PM PDT

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, McShitferBrains is about generating hype through rah-rah. He does little to generate a game plan that has our strengths isolating the opponent's weaknesses!! There is no reason to have lost yet another home game to the Stillers with this damn ShitferBrains chump as a HC!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald is not impacting the game on defense anymore.

Part of that is there is no other pass rush for the offensive line to worry about.

The other is that Donald just isn’t winning against the OL anymore.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooner or later McShitferBrains was going to pay for his cavalier use of timeouts. Today it but him in the ass and it cost the Rams this game. This guy has little ability to recognize his mistakes and if and when he does, he does little to not do it again or to even adopt a better, more efficient behavioral mode that he talks about alot but then trots-out the next week and does it again.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The several so-called all-star pillars the Rams and McShitferBrains have built this team around are either in or approaching that window of the end of a career. AD can no longer sustain his superman role when he is doubled or triple-teamed an entire game pretty much going forward. He really has no help because the Rams are waiting for 2024 to find the next AD which they inherited from the Drama Queen to begin with. All the rooks need this year to get better for next year and maybe one of the reasons they are protecting that Number One pick for next year is to actually select that next AD!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are also moving into that arena of losing a bunch of games and actually finishing 5 and 12 as I predicted after the Preseason. Dallas is next followed by Green Bay before the Bye and both games are AWAY. There is a real possibility the Rams could be 3 and 6 going into the Bye week.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy game today, fellas. I'll be the first to admit my Steelers got lucky as hell. Good luck to the Rams the rest of the way

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching some tape, the Rams did alot right today. They just didn't do enough of it when it counted. Freeman/Henderson are legit. Both had some great runs. The Alaric Jackson experiment may be done. He got routinely beat today by the Stillers' EDGE. Speaking of. When Hoecht moved back onto the D-Line as a DT, he was more like himself. He had two sacks, one of which came when AD was off the field!!

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy day in the league. Patriots beat the Bills, the Bears schooled the Raiders, Ravens killed the Lions, Geeants beat the Commodes, Broncos beat the Packers, and the Falcons beat the Bucs.

Bills are in a definite funk. The loss to the Jags in London started it, squeaked by the Giants and now lost to the Pats. It seems they have an emphasis on trying to be a ball control offense, which could pay off in the playoffs, but it's neutering Josh Allen and the explosiveness of that offense. The injuries on defense can't be ignored either, with their top CB and LB out for the season and were missing both starting DTs this week.

All that said, the refs cheated them out of that win yesterday. On the big screen pass for the Pats on that final drive, a flag was thrown for illegal man downfield. Replay indeed showed a blocker 5 or more yards downfield while the pass was being thrown, yet they picked it up. Bills shouldn't have been within range for one drive to beat them in that matchup, but just keeping that penalty as called would've likely killed that drive before it could get started.

Even with only 12 seconds to work with, Josh hit Diggs in the hands on a deep pass to about the Pats' 30 with 4 seconds left, but he couldn't complete the catch. Could've been one shot at the end zone from a workable range.

Rams game was similar to that Bills game, with both losing it late in the 4th. Rams did hold the lead most of the game though, unlike the Bills who had a 4th quarter flurry to take the lead. I was surprised the Steelers could basically shut down Kupp, although he did have a couple of ugly drops in the first quarter.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical McVay going to use 2 has been RB’s instead of Evans against the Steelers.

Guess we will see if it even matters, because I expect him to ignore the run game using the injuries as an excuse.

Freeman looked better than Henderson, averaging 5.5 ypc to Henderson's 3.4. Evans only played on ST. 31 carries overall for 135 yards and a TD, not bad.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Shopson. The Stillers' shut down Kupp, but they did not shut-down Nacua and I couldn't understand why McShitferBrains stopped going to him late in the game.

I also agree Freeman looked damn good. He is a big back, the kind we need, but again McShitferBrains stopped going to him and favored Henderson. Again, I don't know why he does that!!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freeman looked better than Henderson, averaging 5.5 ypc to Henderson's 3.4. Evans only played on ST. 31 carries overall for 135 yards and a TD, not bad.
Freeman did look better, and yet McVay kept using Henderson anyway.

It’s like he doesn’t pay attention to production during the flow of the game.