• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 7, The Pittsburgh Steelers @ The Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium, Sunday, October 22, 2023, 1:05PM PDT

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game two of a three game home stand and after a nice convincing win where the offense went to the run leading to a dominant performance and the D kept the Cardinals out of the endzone all day, these same Rams take on the Shitsburgh Stillers with a new RB in Zach Evans, backed-up by Royce Freeman. The Rams had better stick with the run even though our duo of Mighty Minis are now hurt, or they may see that dreaded one-dimensionality return leading to the same result-another loss. We shall see how the Rams respond!

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect McVay to be pass happy rather than see what he has in Evans/Freeman.

And the Rams don’t need to be trading for more RB’s even if Rivers lands on IR. Just make Evans the number 2 and move on.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans can motor, if he can see the holes the o-line can make he may surprise us. But it could be weeks not one week before Williams will get back.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Rambunctious. The reports are now beginning to indicate that the Mighty Minis might be out for awhile and the ShitferBrains twins are going with Evans and Freeman at least initially! If things get tight, expect Skowronek to enter into the backfield as a RB.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Rambunctious. The reports are now beginning to indicate that the Mighty Minis might be out for awhile and the ShitferBrains twins are going with Evans and Freeman at least initially! If things get tight, expect Skowronek to enter into the backfield as a RB.

I think I'd prefer Ty Johnson off the Bills PS and leave Freeman on the Rams PS, but it's probably not a big difference. Johnson was pretty effective with the Jets in recent years.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of these mediocre/has been RB’s are going to move the needle for the Rams offense.

I’d rather they snagged a rookie like McBride vs some has been’s that are past their prime.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have any further selections for the regulars on here, ALR??

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of these mediocre/has been RB’s are going to move the needle for the Rams offense.

I’d rather they snagged a rookie like McBride vs some has been’s that are past their prime.

McBride had ball security issues in college and wasn't involved in the passing game, so I'm not sure how highly the Rams might think of him. To poach him they'd have to sign him to the 53, which he might not be ready for.

Ty Johnson is 26 (still young), has averaged 4.4 ypc over his career and has 86 receptions without ever being the full-time starter with the Lions or Jets. Bills could activate him though with Harris likely to hit the IR with a neck sprain, so that opportunity might disappear quickly.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McBride had ball security issues in college and wasn't involved in the passing game, so I'm not sure how highly the Rams might think of him. To poach him they'd have to sign him to the 53, which he might not be ready for.

Ty Johnson is 26 (still young), has averaged 4.4 ypc over his career and has 86 receptions without ever being the full-time starter with the Lions or Jets. Bills could activate him though with Harris likely to hit the IR with a neck sprain, so that opportunity might disappear quickly.
He led the nation in rushing yards though, and he’s 5’11 215 and runs a sub 4.5

The Rams don’t need a receiving RB. They have enough weapons to throw to as it is. What they need is a bruiser back, which McBride can be. Evans can fill the other role. McBride can be used to get the tough yards.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too late, ALR. The Rams signed Darrell Henderson to the PS and Freeman has been signed to the 53-man active roster!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too late, ALR. The Rams signed Darrell Henderson to the PS and Freeman has been signed to the 53-man active roster!
Yeah, I saw.

Don’t get it. Sure he knows the playbook, but McVay never used Henderson the way he should have.

I would’ve preferred taking a chance on a rookie than Freeman and Henderson.

But, whatever.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has really become a glaring, evident issue with McShitferBrains. It seems that when McShitferBrains gets a new sensation like a Nacua, McCutcheon or say a Williams, he rather quickly tires of them and seems to forget them. He stops involving them in the game plans and play calling during games. In the process, he misuses their skills that caught his attention in the first place. This behavior is much like a 3 or 4 year old who gets a new toy and with the displayed small attention span, tires of the new toy, tosses it aside, and moves on to something or someone else. Go figure!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I research McBride ALR, the more I see what you have stated. He would be a really good back for the Rams, but of course, the ShitferBrains twins need their minis fix, I suppose!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw.

Don’t get it. Sure he knows the playbook, but McVay never used Henderson the way he should have.

I would’ve preferred taking a chance on a rookie than Freeman and Henderson.

But, whatever.

Were talking about patching the depth chart while Kyren is out for a week or two. Did you really expect McVay to replace two 5'9 receiving backs with a bigger, rookie rush-only option? They already have that in Evans, McBride would be role duplication really.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has really become a glaring, evident issue with McShitferBrains. It seems that when McShitferBrains gets a new sensation like a Nacua, McCutcheon or say a Williams, he rather quickly tires of them and seems to forget them. He stops involving them in the game plans and play calling during games. In the process, he misuses their skills that caught his attention in the first place. This behavior is much like a 3 or 4 year old who gets a new toy and with the displayed small attention span, tires of the new toy, tosses it aside, and moves on to something or someone else. Go figure!

I don't see it that way. The targets have been relatively equal for Kupp and Nacua through two weeks playing together (21 for Kupp, 18 for Nacua). Nacua's targets just didn't result in much vs the Cardinals. Atwell and Higbee have lost target share with Kupp's return more than Nacua.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Kupp to get the targets, with Nacua now secondary. I was actually pleasantly surprised that the targets were as even as they are.
Well, they can’t just be one-dimensional in the passing game with Kupp taking a huge share of the targets.

Stafford has 4 options in the passing game, and he needs to spread it around to keep the defense honest.

What’s the point of having Atwell’s speed if they aren’t going to use it at all?