• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely UVA. The Gurley contract has killed us in the same manner. It was part of a cap hell mess that will affect us for a few years because of all the players we could not afford to re-sign especially Littleton, and Ramsey's new contract and the players we might have signed going forward.

Speaking of. Suh has re-sign in principle a one-year deal for 8 mil with the Bucs. It was not too long ago, he was asking for 14-16 mil from the Rams.

Sooner or later, players wear-out and this is just another example. This is yet another reason the Rams need to stop signing players to big extensions or too early. It is just a practice that is completely self-destructive.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zuerlein is officially being Sullivanized. The Rams are quiet and no one has signed him away because his new contract demand has pretty much priced himself out of the league.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zuerlein is officially being Sullivanized. The Rams are quiet and no one has signed him away because his new contract demand has pretty much priced himself out of the league.
I feel like good kickers can still be had at reasonable value. If he can get his asking price, I’ll wish him well in his future endeavors.
Precisely UVA. The Gurley contract has killed us in the same manner. It was part of a cap hell mess that will affect us for a few years because of all the players we could not afford to re-sign especially Littleton, and Ramsey's new contract and the players we might have signed going forward.

Speaking of. Suh has re-sign in principle a one-year deal for 8 mil with the Bucs. It was not too long ago, he was asking for 14-16 mil from the Rams.

Sooner or later, players wear-out and this is just another example. This is yet another reason the Rams need to stop signing players to big extensions or too early. It is just a practice that is completely self-destructive.
Not only Gurley’s but Goff’s as well. It was stupid to do it when we did and it was extremely stupid to give him what we did.
Suh is like a thug who offers his services to the highest bidder.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure I would’ve drafted my fair share of blunders as well over the years.

But, the 3 biggest blunders the Rams gave made recently I absolutely hated and would not have done

J. Smith
T. Austin
G. Robinson

All 1st round blunders that really set the franchise back.

Not only were these guys busts, but as fans we all hated these picks and knew it.... we were right.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest article from the Ramswire is a scathing report on the Rams continuing cap space hell.

Apparently, even with all of the changes we made, we still only have 5-6 mil in cap space and that includes signing the next draft class.

PFF has rated our signing of Floyd as one of the worst FA signings. They state that this guy is good at run defending but totally sucks as an edge rusher. Our pass defense is going to suck this year as far sacks are concerned.

They also assert that the Rams should have saved the 10 mil they gave this turd Floyd and spent it on better O-lineman which PFF rates as one of the worst in the league if the Rams go forward with what is on paper.

PFF however, stated that bringing back Whitworth was one of the best FA signings and signing Blythe was useless.

The article on Ramswire offered several options to increase the cap monies. One, restructure both Donald's and Goff's contracts. Two trade Everett on draft day. Three, find a trading partner for Havenstein or cut him outright and go with Edwards and Evans. And four, trade Cooks.

Sounds good all around.

Also, Brockers signing with the Ravens has been delayed because he is having trouble passing the physical administered by the Raven's team doctors. Apparently his ankle is crap. The deal will go through but this all sounds familiar. Perhaps the Rams knew more than they let open to the market.

In sum, it looks like we are in full rebuild mode and we may see the post-season in 2-3 years.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jared Goff is going to suck this year since we already paid him 20 mil on March 20th for a due roster bonus

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a thought. Why don't the Rams dump Goff and that albatross contract and sign Jameis Winston. It will be the re-incarnation of James Harris and we will nearly instantly get out of cap hell. If we are in full-on rebuild mode, start over. We are going to be in the NFC West cellar anyways.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a thought. Why don't the Rams dump Goff and that albatross contract and sign Jameis Winston. It will be the re-incarnation of James Harris and we will nearly instantly get out of cap hell. If we are in full-on rebuild mode, start over. We are going to be in the NFC West cellar anyways.
I'll let you know how I feel about this after the first 5 games next season. If Goff sucks I'll call Eric Dickerson and get him right on it. Maybe Eric should take over the FO. Someone with a brain.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go trade Goff for some draft picks. At least it’s a solid a class this year for quarterbacks.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that idea, UVA. Belicheat is looking for a QB. Hell throw in Cooks for a first, a second, and couple of thirds or a third and a fifth. New England I believe has four third rounders. That would be a great deal.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was running the show in LA, I'd hire ED as an assistant GM. ED insists he is the guy that got the Rams Marshall Faulk for a 7th round pick. If John Lynch (ex-player) is the mastermind behind the 49ers turnaround (and he is), than ED would be my GM sooner rather than later.

First thing I would tell ED to do is trade Goff and Cooks getting as many draft picks as possible and then sign Jameis Winston ASAP.

The next thing I would do is fire Kevin Demoff and that stupid design department that came up with that pile o' dog shit logo.

Then I would instruct ED to focus in on both lines and LB in the draft. Get me a bigass smashmouth line on both sides of the ball and some LBs who want to knock the crap out of people. Enough of this corporate pussy football.

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was running the show in LA, I'd hire ED as an assistant GM. ED insists he is the guy that got the Rams Marshall Faulk for a 7th round pick. If John Lynch (ex-player) is the mastermind behind the 49ers turnaround (and he is), than ED would be my GM sooner rather than later.

First thing I would tell ED to do is trade Goff and Cooks getting as many draft picks as possible and then sign Jameis Winston ASAP.

The next thing I would do is fire Kevin Demoff and that stupid design department that came up with pile o' dog shit logo.

Then I would instruct ED to focus in on both lines and LB in the draft. Get me a bigass smashmouth line on both sides of the ball and some LBs who want to knock the crap out of people. Enough this corporate pussy football.
Not sold on Winston. I’d take my chances with a quarterback in the draft this year. But definitely think Dumbass needs to be unceremoniously shown the door ASAP.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After we unload some more albatross contracts the guy we should sign and should have signed instead of Floyd is Marcus Golden, Edge, FA from the New York Geeants. He is a better player all around than Floyd. Why we didn't sign Golden is another example of stupidity in the FO. He is still unsigned and would help out AD along the D-Line.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't this beat the band. The Rams re-sign Brockers to a 3-year, up to 31.5 mill contract after he basically failed an independent physical that the Ravens arranged about his ankle. Suddenly, the big bucks contract the Ravens were offering was retracted and like Saffold years ago with the Raiders, Brockers came scurrying back to the Rams who immediately signed him. This is also very interesting.

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't this beat the band. The Rams re-sign Brockers to a 3-year, up to 31.5 mill contract after he basically failed an independent physical that the Ravens arranged about his ankle. Suddenly, the big bucks contract the Ravens were offering was retracted and like Saffold years ago with the Raiders, Brockers came scurrying back to the Rams who immediately signed him. This is also very interesting.

Where the heck did we get the money to re-sign him after signing Floyd and Robinson to 10+ mil a year? The good news is that our D line has gone from a weakness to a strength this offseason.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg the Leg just signed with the Cowgirls... wonder who will kick for us?