• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams are clueless

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, we did have a couple of years with Vermeil that were exciting for obvious reasons but now we seemed to be slipping a bit especially when it comes to what to do with Bradford.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams got a lot better when Sam Bradford got hurt and Kellen Clemens started playing. If you are a real Rams fan and not some Bradford fan boy you should want a new QB too.

with bradford 3-4 14td/4 int

clemens 4-5 8td/7int

wow so much better :suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with bradford 3-4 14td/4 int

clemens 4-5 8td/7int

wow so much better :suds:

Bradford beat the rival Cards in week 1 I'll give him that. He also did all he could to toss that game away in the 4th quarter if I remember correctly. Then took out the Jags and Texans. After his injury, the team rallied to crush playoff caliber teams the Colts and Saints. Some Rams fans will tell you the team played harder down the stretch. Was that because of the QB change? Hard to say but they looked like a new team without him.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must make family reunions unbearable.

If I had them, maybe.

And, way to go and take this personal, as I was just making a general statement, albeit built from your response.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had them, maybe.

And, way to go and take this personal, as I was just making a general statement, albeit built from your response.

Listen, I start a perfectly reasonable debate about the Rams who basically hold the key to the entire draft with that 2nd pick and I gotta deal with Bear and Niner trolls who of course go right after the Lions logo. So I call them faggots because that's what they are. ADD riddled thread-jacking faggot trolls. Sue me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if there's a QB they like in this draft, he's not likely to out-perform Bradford as a rookie; and I'm not so sure there's a QB in this draft they like. It's not a good offseason to need a QB IMO.
The flipside to this is the Rams have Bradford get injured again, the team goes 6-10 or 7-9 and every Rams fan is pissed.

(Bradford has had season compromising injuries in 3 of the past 5 years. I made an error earlier when I said 3 of 4)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The flipside to this is the Rams have Bradford get injured again, the team goes 6-10 or 7-9 and every Rams fan is pissed.

(Bradford has had season compromising injuries in 3 of the past 5 years. I made an error earlier when I said 3 of 4)

That was one of the reasons I didn't like him coming out of college. I don't think he has an extremely durable frame. It's not the biggest reason I didn't like him, but it's one of 'em.

But if I were the Rams I'd do the same exact thing. No use going with a rookie QB in a year like this IMO.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if I were the Rams I'd do the same exact thing. No use going with a rookie QB in a year like this IMO.
There might not be anything next year, though. Walterfootball's early 2015 mock has Winston going #1, Mariota going #2 and Bryce Petty going #5. It then doesn't have any other QBs going in the first round. The Rams aren't likely contenders to be going 3-13 next year and if they are, many people are getting fired.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There might not be anything next year, though. Walterfootball's early 2015 mock has Winston going #1, Mariota going #2 and Bryce Petty going #5. It then doesn't have any other QBs going in the first round. The Rams aren't likely contenders to be going 3-13 next year and if they are, many people are getting fired.

That's a good point.

This is why the worst thing you can possibly have (Texans last year, Cowboys, Chiefs, Bengals, Rams I'm talking to you) is a QB who's JUST good enough to keep his job. At least a terrible QB (Raiders, Jets, Vikings, Jags I'm talking to you) is bad enough that he'll get replaced and the team won't waste a bunch of time on the guy.

The Rams have a ton of talent on defense, and I think Jeff Fisher is one of the most underrated coaches in the NFL; I think the Titans were morons to fire him. But a great coach without a great QB usually isn't enough. St. Louis is going to have to get really lucky somehow at QB to bust out of mediocre land IMO. Either that or they're going to have to build a defense so good that Bradford can't help but win, which is why they should draft Clowney if he's there.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a distinct possibility that the Ravens mold may be at play where the D gets so good, they practically win games and all the O has to do is manage the game and score some points now and then. I suppose Bradford can do that although it would be at a pretty steep price. But what else are the Rams going to do when both Snead and Fisher have made it clear they have no intention of replacing Bradford anytime soon?

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pick needs to be Blake bortles or Sammy Watkins. You can add the offensive lineman with your second pick. I am not convinced that Bradford is your answer and would have figured you guys would be shopping him around after getting all those draft picks from the redskins.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As an OU/bandwagon Ram fan and of course a Sam Bradford fan, here is my take:

I have watched almost every snap Sam has taken since his first game in college so to me his issues aren't his physical abilities as a QB. The guy has always had the intangibles to be a great QB. Anyone who is a Ram fan probably wouldn't debate that. One thing that most fans bitch about including myself is that he never goes down field although I'm not sure if its because his receivers aren't getting separation or he just doesn't look. He hasn't shown very good pocket awareness throughout his whole career to an exception of this season which was only a few games. He gets his passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage it seems about twice a game which is frustrating as hell. Its not all Sam though. Yes, his OL is highly questionable but improving and his WR's are the youngest in the league with IMO lots of potential. Sam was on pace for over 30 tds and he most likely would have beaten that mark and some if he had stayed healthy.

As for the post Sam success, for anyone who actually watches and pays attention to the Rams understands the OL changes and movements creating a running game with Zac Stacy. Essentially the emergence of Zac Stacy was the pinnacle of the Rams late success offensively. Not saying Clemons wasn't formidable, It was pretty cool seeing him have his short lived "success" as a backup.

To say the reason the Rams started winning because of the absence of Sam is just stupid but at the same time he hasn't exactly been stellar either. To me I think this coming season is his year to show that he IS a franchise QB. Everything is in place to be successful. If they can keep the ball rolling with the success on the ground then the Rams offense with Sam will be dangerous.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For the record 3 out of the 4 interceptions Sam had were tipped passes at LOS and the fourth was tipped by a WR into a CB's hands. This is one of the reasons I would rather have Sam over Stafford. Stafford IMO is a good QB but he makes way too many risky decisions causing turnovers whereas Sam doesn't. I would much rather punt than throw a pick. They both have a strong arm and are accurate. Stafford throws down field more which I would too if Calvin Johnson was going deep but that's a plus regardless. I'm not a Lion fan so I could be way off but that's what I've noticed. As for Sam, this is my assessment after watching every game he's had since his first in college.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New, cheaper, or better?

Bradford is not worth his cap hit largely because he can't stay on the field...not for lack of talent...IMO there are no studs coming out that you can instantly say are better than Bradford. New or cheaper I'm thinking is the reason to change QBs with a rookie...7 win team in a tough DIV with Clemons taking half the snaps...I wouldn't start over @ QB just yet.

I would take Clowney @ 2, and still will get Lewan, Kouandjio, or Robinson @ 13...QB...I look at somebody like Mettenberg in the 2nd round or Garoppolo later in the draft. I'm mocking G, Martin ND @ 44... and would look at a QB in round 3 or 4.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if Clowney's there. Anyone who passes on Clowney will be kicking themselves for decades.

wdk about the for decades part but I agree with you...STL could use OL help, but they can take the best DL prospect in the draft @ 2, and worse case the 3rd OT off the board with the 13th pick.

That makes far more sense than taking the 2nd QB off the board.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I didn't see much of Bradford this year, but the 2 of them seem pretty similar to me, is that not the case?

Bradford's more of a guy who throws safe passes for low yards. His YPA this season was 34th out of 37 QBs (Stafford's was 11th). Bradford is like Alex Smith.

Stafford is like Brett Favre at this point. He's reckless, throws a lot of picks & has a cannon. Megatron makes him look better than he is, but I'd still take that over captain check down. With Stafford you at least have a chance of winning a SB if he goes on a hot streak. With Bradford it's almost a guaranteed loss if he gets to the postseason IMO.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams sticking with the #2 pick to get a QB would really shock me. 2013 was supposed to be Sam's year of judgement. Stat wise, he got injured at the perfect time for Snead and Fisher to stay with him. I believe if we upgrade our line he can be a very good QB in this league, but I wouldn't mind if they picked up a top draft QB for competition.