• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders - Niners

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, you trippin dude.. Rivera is pretty good, and will only get better as we add more talent.. Sure he has had an up and down season, but so has all the Raider players.. We are now just starting to be on par with all the other teams, as far as picks and cap money go.. We need another offseason to add Cooper and Gordon, to help Carr and his favorite target Rivera reach MAX level.. This team with all these young players have been in most games they have played, and might of spoiled the playoff chances of two pretty good teams in KC and San Fran!! Oh and a small bonus on the Rivera front is?? His Famous SUPER BABE sister!! Again cd, let's give my team another offseason, Let's see who we get and what coaching staff we will have etc..

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not dismissing your tea tall here Idaho. You are right another off season and we shall see. Teams turn things around in a hurry in the NFL so if they have a good off season yes they could turn it around pretty nicely.

On Rivera I have not watched him all that closely so going off of what PFF says here but it looks like their biggest beef with him is inconsistency in the pass game and they grade him as the worst run blocking TE in the NFL. Now yes they are a bit subjective but with him graded that low there has to be some truth to it. I do agree on the hot sister thing though so he definitely has that going for him. We shall see if he improves though as a player. The little I have watched him he seems good for about 2 good games a year and a whole bunch of mediocrity in the rest.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we both agree that his sister is a SUPER HOT.. See how easy that was.. Rivera has never been some beast blocking TE.. His game is catching not blocking, but he is working hard at blocking, and has gotten better at it.. Sure he has a lot of developing to do, as do alot of Raider players, but he's coming along nicely.. For the first time in long time, im truly excited for the future of this team!! RM has gave me the hope i have for this team!! Alot of Raider fans hate RM cd!! All they see is the record.. Me, i see the sheet he walked into, and the future he has now given us.. Most hate RM, but they sure LOVE his draft picks, and CAP money he has given us..
Again cd, RM is top 5 when it comes to young talent.. Now if we could land Chucky?? He would be top 5 in getting FAs as well.. You have PM and Elway to help recruit FAs!! We don't!! Get Chucky, and RM would look like a boss at getting FAs.. But remember you draft a SB not buy one, enter RM..

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones has been our most consistent WR. The issue is he is a #2 WR, not a #1.

i remember a game where he fumbled defender dove in wrong direction for ball he recovers it runs 20 yards then fumbles again...thought to myself how is this guy in nfl.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man wish i could go back in time and see some of you guys post in past years about jamarcus russell and terell pryor. and various other players who never made it. I'm as big a raider fan as they come but to read some of this stuff every player is the 2nd coming of bo jackson and howie long. lol reggie looks ok right now mainly because of derek carr. but lets not forget he's been on hot seat all season. i don't think he's saved his job but maybe bought himself some more time. dj hayden has made some plays here and there but he's a nickel back so far...not what you expected from a top 10 pick. mack has made plays..wait and see on him...the o-line looks good although i would question their run blocking as a unit.

of the entire roster i don't know that there is more than 15-20 players i would bring back for next season. obvious derek carr, mack, sio moore, nobody on defensive line. dj hayden. most of O-line and as receivers i guess you keep james jones and andre holmes...rivera...scrap the rest. the entire secondary is probably gone..and i expect woodson will retire

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop it! I want the Raiders to get the first pick so they can trade back. It will be worth a few players to some team desperate for a QB. Raiders just need a few more young talented kids and they will be in the thick of it.
Carr is good enough. Maybe really good. Just get the pieces around him and enjoy.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man wish i could go back in time and see some of you guys post in past years about jamarcus russell and terell pryor. and various other players who never made it. I'm as big a raider fan as they come but to read some of this stuff every player is the 2nd coming of bo jackson and howie long. lol reggie looks ok right now mainly because of derek carr. but lets not forget he's been on hot seat all season. i don't think he's saved his job but maybe bought himself some more time. dj hayden has made some plays here and there but he's a nickel back so far...not what you expected from a top 10 pick. mack has made plays..wait and see on him...the o-line looks good although i would question their run blocking as a unit.

of the entire roster i don't know that there is more than 15-20 players i would bring back for next season. obvious derek carr, mack, sio moore, nobody on defensive line. dj hayden. most of O-line and as receivers i guess you keep james jones and andre holmes...rivera...scrap the rest. the entire secondary is probably gone..and i expect woodson will retire

Once again, part of the problem is obvious, you can't tell me the Raiders have been successful at developing players.
Al Davis was hung up on 40 times, you can't teach speed was his mantra, and eye-popping feats like throwing the ball 60 yds on his knees, let's face it he wasn't the only one who was fooled by Jsyzzurp. I really feel like he spent his declining years trying to prove people wrong, he was nothing if not stubborn. As the NFL evolved, he seemed to be stuck trying to make his old formulas work, with very little success. And once he felt you crossed him, that was it for you. Adds up to an extremely difficult man to work with. The number of physically gifted head cases he hired is quite astounding, as well as the number of talented players and personnel he alienated and dismissed who remained thorns in his side for the remainders of successful careers. I am not saying he was the only owner to do so, but he seemed to be one of the best at it.

Let's fast forward to our current situation, while Reggie hasn't hit home runs with every move one thing he has done is focus on character, one thing we haven't heard mentioned is lockerroom cancer, and despite a horrendous losing streak it is pretty clear the players haven't given up. You are right, there are probably a bakers dozen players who are must keep guys, Carr, Reece, Mack, Sio, Hayden, Wiz, Carrie, Jackson, King, off the top of my head.

The list of head cases that have graced the Raider roster over the years is long and ignominious, McClain, Jsyzzurp, are just recent examples, both players very highly regarded out of college, and some were actually good players, Romo, Alzado, Tooz, damn man, I wish we could go back to that era, but alas that time has passed and we must move ahead, hire talent with good character and above all, COACH THEM UP.

Scroll down our board and you will see my misgivings as Reggie let our high priced FAs walk out the door last year and made a number of head-scratching replacements, but I couldn't be a Raider fan if I wasn't patient, so I remain, there has got to be an upside coming.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flaraider I think you hit the nail on the head with the whole developing the players you have. The players that the Raiders have drafted have had talent. The issues have been in the character of the player wanting to be developed and that there has been a lack of coaching to actually get the best out of the players. The fact that for so long Oakland was the one place coaches really didn't want to go knowing they could be fired before they had a chance meant less than ideal coaches coming into the situation. That means players have to adjust to new regime's all the time plus no real true leader to guide them through the difficult process of coming back from where they have been. It is why above the draft coming up, above who they keep and who they let go, the coaching hire will be the biggest thing to watch in Oakland. If they get that wrong again it sets Oakland back for another 3-years in my opinion. They get that right and I think they can be competing for the playoffs in 2-years.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to cross off everything from the Raiders past and look at today. Al is gone. The salary cap hell is over. They really are a low as a team can go but the players don't play that way. They need a coach with the blessing of the front office. I don't know if that means replacing some of the existing suits. I think Reggie took a thankless job nobody wanted and should get some consideration. Who picked Carr? I ask cause I don't know the ins and outs of the organization as well as others.

I think the team looks like a golden opportunity for a coach wanting to prove himself. Any improvement will be acceptable and he may actually have a few years to make over the team. Harbaugh would bring some early success but will rub some people the wrong way. How much control will he get if he is the guy? I would rather they brought back Chucky.

Either way it is entertaining to watch a struggling franchise finally get out of the cellar. Once the players know the coach is going to be there awhile, the continuity will naturally make things fall into place. I think the Raiders job might be easier than the Seahawks when Pete and John turned over the entire roster. The Raiders already have some young kids to start the team around. And their play on the field is what impresses me the most. Even as a losing team you can't claim a lack of effort.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geezer, those are all RMs draft picks.. He has total control over the draft.. And if we get a new HC?? That's all i want him to be, a HC.. The only power a HC should have is over his staff and the players he is given to coach up.. Oh the HC should have a say on what kind of players he would like, but let RM and his army of scouts find those best players.. The last thing the Raiders need is a HC wearing to many hats.. That's not good..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geezer, those are all RMs draft picks.. He has total control over the draft.. And if we get a new HC?? That's all i want him to be, a HC.. The only power a HC should have is over his staff and the players he is given to coach up.. Oh the HC should have a say on what kind of players he would like, but let RM and his army of scouts find those best players.. The last thing the Raiders need is a HC wearing to many hats.. That's not good..

Do you think Chucky is ok with just being a HC though? He is a guy that likes control and I can't see him being ok with just being the HC.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flaraider I think you hit the nail on the head with the whole developing the players you have. The players that the Raiders have drafted have had talent. The issues have been in the character of the player wanting to be developed and that there has been a lack of coaching to actually get the best out of the players. The fact that for so long Oakland was the one place coaches really didn't want to go knowing they could be fired before they had a chance meant less than ideal coaches coming into the situation. That means players have to adjust to new regime's all the time plus no real true leader to guide them through the difficult process of coming back from where they have been. It is why above the draft coming up, above who they keep and who they let go, the coaching hire will be the biggest thing to watch in Oakland. If they get that wrong again it sets Oakland back for another 3-years in my opinion. They get that right and I think they can be competing for the playoffs in 2-years.

Thanks cd, I have been around enough to know how critical leadership is, and you are right, when we are churning through HC s at a dizzying rate it is virtually impossible to establish consistency, not to mention the chaos of an owner undermining the coaches authority at every turn.

I hope those days are behind us, finally. An authentic chain of command and delegation of authority, so a true HC will know the GM and owner will have his back. Maybe then talented leadership will see the Raiders as an opportunity, not a dead end.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks cd, I have been around enough to know how critical leadership is, and you are right, when we are churning through HC s at a dizzying rate it is virtually impossible to establish consistency, not to mention the chaos of an owner undermining the coaches authority at every turn.

I hope those days are behind us, finally. An authentic chain of command and delegation of authority, so a true HC will know the GM and owner will have his back. Maybe then talented leadership will see the Raiders as an opportunity, not a dead end.

Mark Davis seems like the type to stay out of it for the most part. I can see a bit of his dad in him as he has been a bit more in the spotlight than most owners but he seems to want to trust his team to his GM who in turn trusts the HC.

To me player development is one of the most important parts of the NFL. All of these guys coming out of college are talented. Can you maximize that talent though? That has been the major issue for the Raiders lately in you see players leave Oakland and go on to have successful careers. Again you guys get a good coaching staff and it won't take long to see the Raiders turn things around. It does seem that the Raiders are more willing now than ever to let a coach have some time to show what they can do. I always thought the hire of Dennis Allen was not the best move for the Raiders at the time. I do think Allen will eventually be successful but he climbed the coaching ranks too quickly. He needed more time.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Chucky is ok with just being a HC though? He is a guy that likes control and I can't see him being ok with just being the HC.

I don't know if Chucky is willing to leave his cushy gig and go back down on the field of battle, but it will be good to find out. Those were good days, real leaders like Gruden and Gannon.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres a rumor going around about stefen wiesnewski being as good as gone after the season. no links or anything. heard it from a reporter in a chat with fans. something to do with why his uncle i think it is stepped away for personal reasons...if true reggie takes the heat for that too. unless they franchise tag him...which i find puzzling they didn't do with veldheer or lamar houston last year.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the Raider fans that post on the net, i would say 90% think Wiz2 sucks and want him of this team!! Week after week they trash the dude!! So if the guy is not wanted here by most of the fans, then why should he stay?? You think young players don't go around the net and see what the word is?? Heck ya they do!! Everybody does..
I remember when we resigned Ross, man the fans wanted RM fired for that move.. LMAO Ross owns them!! Now im reading here and there, man we need to keep Ross!! So if we let Wiz2 walk, the fans got what they wanted.. Then he will play like a pro- bowler for some other team, and ALL those fans that want him gone will be crying, saying FIRE EVERYBODY!! Shoot ive seen this move to many times.. I say franchise him or whatever just don't let him walk!! But's thats just me..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, Chucky can have all the power he wants, just not over the draft.. I would rather have the guy that learned the trade from the great Ron Wolf make those picks..

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, Chucky can have all the power he wants, just not over the draft.. I would rather have the guy that learned the trade from the great Ron Wolf make those picks..

chucky was photographed on a visit at Wisconsin university with barry alvarez...not sure what that's about but their athletic department posted the picture.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Chucky is willing to leave his cushy gig and go back down on the field of battle, but it will be good to find out. Those were good days, real leaders like Gruden and Gannon.

I think Carr is going to develop into a good leader and the best QB we've had since Gannon.