• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders - Niners

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to slow down this drinking since it's a work day in the morning. And I am making home-made burritos in a little bit.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to slow down this drinking since it's a work day in the morning. And I am making home-made burritos in a little bit.

Tell me about it I am 3 hrs ahead of you, its 8:36 here now, I'm sipping tea.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on Groo.. And ya DJ, he is putting up huge numbers.. You have to have talent if you play at Bama.. Cooper is the guy man.. Damn i want the Raiders to draft him..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Reggie is stacking this team!! The man just knows talent.. Let's just let him finish the job!! If we like all these players we have now, imagine the players he gets us next year!! Heck even our punter King is a beast for crying out loud.. This team is going to be so much better next year, only a fool would say otherwise.. To me?? It is very important that we let RM finish the job!! Today we seen what a well coached Raider team can do!! Now, with Carr entering his 2nd year, and adding EVEN more talent through the draft and FA, with a well COACHED team!! We can WIN some games!! Coaching IS THE ONLY KEY!! Reggie will get us the talent!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Reggie is stacking this team!! The man just knows talent.. Let's just let him finish the job!! If we like all these players we have now, imagine the players he gets us next year!! Heck even our punter King is a beast for crying out loud.. This team is going to be so much better next year, only a fool would say otherwise.. To me?? It is very important that we let RM finish the job!! Today we seen what a well coached Raider team can do!! Now, with Carr entering his 2nd year, and adding EVEN more talent through the draft and FA, with a well COACHED team!! We can WIN some games!! Coaching IS THE ONLY KEY!! Reggie will get us the talent!!

Harbaugh!!!

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno man with Reggie you have to take the bad into consideration as well. Dennis Allen was his hire. Do Hayden hadn't played up until last few weeks Nd was considered a bad pick prior to that. He traded for both Matt Schaub and Matt Flynn. Both of those trades are now looked at as bad trades. James jones hasn't panned out to be the Impact signing he had hoped.

Before season started the raiders front office was in media saying think they added enough talent to win on the field. That didn't work out which led to fire of Dennis Allen. But Reggie has been attached to some of that failure as well. Some of the Bay Area reporters have been saying it's likely he gets a lot of blame in offseason. Either will be let go or told that he's on the hot seat. Yes Khalil Mack and David Carr were good picks. But as his entire body of work is reviewed its less than stellar. If harbaugh or one of these home run type of coaches want more control In personnel I'm not sure how that goes.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno man with Reggie you have to take the bad into consideration as well. Dennis Allen was his hire. Do Hayden hadn't played up until last few weeks Nd was considered a bad pick prior to that. He traded for both Matt Schaub and Matt Flynn. Both of those trades are now looked at as bad trades. James jones hasn't panned out to be the Impact signing he had hoped.

Before season started the raiders front office was in media saying think they added enough talent to win on the field. That didn't work out which led to fire of Dennis Allen. But Reggie has been attached to some of that failure as well. Some of the Bay Area reporters have been saying it's likely he gets a lot of blame in offseason. Either will be let go or told that he's on the hot seat. Yes Khalil Mack and David Carr were good picks. But as his entire body of work is reviewed its less than stellar. If harbaugh or one of these home run type of coaches want more control In personnel I'm not sure how that goes.

This right here I agree with on Reggie. Yes he has had a couple of draft picks look pretty good but you expect when you are picking top-5 to pick right. Yes obviously there are busts but it is a little easier picking when you have almost every player available to pick from.

I would say his failures in Free Agency and trades cannot be overlooked. He had a couple of decent FA pick ups but some complete flops as well. Not good when you have something like $60 million to work with. To me Reggie just is not a closer. None of the top guys wanted to come to Oakland even for big money and his own players that were up for FA couldn't wait to get out of Dodge. You need a closer when it comes to that GM position that can actually convince these players that this is the place to be.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, when Pete Carrol got to Seattle they had no QB, so what do they do?? They trade a pick For Charle Whitehust, and he was a bust, then they give Flynn big money as well.. Whats the point in that?? When you have no real QBs you believe in, that is the way you go till you draft the guy you want.. Enter RW!! And those guys are forgotten.. Same with us.. Enter Carr!! Flynn and Schaub who?? ALL teams do this not just us.. Haydon has had the injury bug, that's not RMs fault.. He's healthy, and showing us why he was the #1 rated CB in his draft..
And when it comes to DA?? The word was out what we were going to do!! HueJax himself said it the day we fired him!! The Raiders are going to gut the place, and we did.. Nobody wanted part of what the Raiders were going to do.. Ahh, but they do now eh?? A roster full of young players, big CAP money etc.. Who do we thank for all that?? What we need to do is let it play out for once.. Mark is not GOING to let RM go right now.. But if he does?? Hey, GO RAIDERS!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, if i was a fan of some other AFC West team, and seen that the Raider GM is stacking the roster with young talent, i too would go to their board and slander their GM in hopes that they fire him.. I mean the West QBs are old and about done, and Carr is just a baby and starting his career.. Its scary to think what this young Raider team can become when they get coached up right.. Im thinking the Raiders will add a new toy for Carr this offseason.. Maybe Cooper?? Or Parker?? That would be Sweet eh?? cd, FA for us this year was to fill holes after we blew this team up!! And really when you look close?? Only MJD, Woodly, and Schaub have been bust for us, the rest have been balling!! We replaced MJD with Murray, Woodly with Mayowa, and Schaub with Carr!! Good job by RM there eh?? But you want to know the sweet part in all our FAs?? They are pay as you play baby.. We once again will have monster cap money to spend.. Why do you think BIG coaches are link to the Raiders now days?? I will tell you.. REGGIE

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree on Manning getting up there in age and maybe only have a year or two beyond this one but come on...Both Rivers and Smith have plenty of career left. They are not running quarterbacks so they are not taking a ton of unneeded hits. Rivers is 32 and Smith is 30. In NFL years for non-running quarterbacks that is still another 6-8 years of football left. Heck Carr if he does decent could be looking to start his 3rd contract by then. So don't even try to play the "they are all getting up there in age" card.

Next while there is some young talent on the Raiders I could say the same thing for all the AFC West teams. It is why for the past 2 years 3 of the teams have been competing for the playoffs.

Broncos--Von Miller, D. Thomas, J. Thomas, Chris Harris, Danny Trevathan, Orlando Franklin, CJ Anderson, Brandon Marshall, Sly Williams, Bradley Roby, and a few others...

Chiefs--Justin Houston, Jamaal Charles, D. Poe, Allen Bailey, and a few others

San Diego--DJ Fluker, Keenan Allen, Ryan Matthews, Brandon Oliver, Ladarious Green, Kendall Reyes, Corey Liuget, Donald Butler, Te'o, Attaochu, Ingram, Weddle, and Verrtt all look like good young players.

Also Idaho come on man you know I have been coming to the Raiders board for years. This is not some me trying to convince myself that the Raiders are on the upswing and the only reason I am coming here is because you guys scare me.

Also wouldn't say they have all been balling when your team has only won 2 games this year. There have been those you listed as busts and the rest have been ok. I mean James Jones is 58th in receiving yards. I wouldn't call that balling.

The reason I think big coaches have been linked to the Raiders has very little to do with Reggie. Chucky is linked because he coached their before and has a relationship with the owner. Harbaugh is linked because the rumor is his wife wants to stay in the Bay Area and that the Raiders are one of the few teams somebody sees giving the 49ers great draft compensation to get the coach. None of the articles I have read have said anything of them mentioning Reggie as a great GM being why they would com.

Now don't get me wrong I think Reggie is a decent GM. I just wouldn't put him anywhere near my top-10 in the NFL. To me the big sign was when the players the Raiders drafted didn't even want to stay. To me that is a sign that they questioned the direction of the team and the GM is a big part of that.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, i just like a good debate.. No hate on my part, you know i never roll with hate..
Sooo, it does look like the West has some pretty good young players, and that's a good thing!! But in todays game, young players leave all the time.. MO MONEY bro... Look at Decker?? He split the first chance he got, why?? Mo Money.. It is what it is.. All those players you just mentioned, some of them will leave.. Its up to the GM to make sure they are worth it or not.. Let's look at Thomas and Thomas?? One of them will leave.. They both will want to break the bank.. It's all about the money bro.. Do you rate a GM by the DRAFT or what he get's in FA?? Cuz if it's the draft i rate RM top 5!! I read somewhere, were the Pack only have like 5 FAs on that team, the rest are drafted players?? If true?? That is A GREAT GM!! And that's the same school RM comes from!! Just like he said, im going to build through the draft.. And the truth is?? The Raiders job looks good cuz of RM.. I never run from the truth.. Do you??

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, i just like a good debate.. No hate on my part, you know i never roll with hate..
Sooo, it does look like the West has some pretty good young players, and that's a good thing!! But in todays game, young players leave all the time.. MO MONEY bro... Look at Decker?? He split the first chance he got, why?? Mo Money.. It is what it is.. All those players you just mentioned, some of them will leave.. Its up to the GM to make sure they are worth it or not.. Let's look at Thomas and Thomas?? One of them will leave.. They both will want to break the bank.. It's all about the money bro.. Do you rate a GM by the DRAFT or what he get's in FA?? Cuz if it's the draft i rate RM top 5!! I read somewhere, were the Pack only have like 5 FAs on that team, the rest are drafted players?? If true?? That is A GREAT GM!! And that's the same school RM comes from!! Just like he said, im going to build through the draft.. And the truth is?? The Raiders job looks good cuz of RM.. I never run from the truth.. Do you??

I pretty much agree, the presence of a bonified GM who initials are not AD says something about the Raiders, what many of us have been patiently waiting for, something resembling an actual NFL front office. This is a HC job NO ONE wanted 5 years ago, I happen to think there are at least a couple of well qualified candidates who would consider the position and accept the challenge due in part to the fact that there are signs of some stability here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree some young players will leave which happens to all teams which is why every team has to in a sense retool every year. You are right the best teams build through the draft. And the Raiders have done decent. I wouldn't say great. This last draft was definitely a homerun but not sure I would say his 2 before that were...

In 2012 I know they were not playing a full deck obviously but still there is only 1 starter to come out of that draft and not sure there are many of those players still on the team just a couple years later.

In 2013 Hayden has obviously been dealing with injuries but that was the red flag on him in the draft was injuries. Still waiting to see on that one. Watson has been ok but I wouldn't say anything great. Moore has been pretty good. Wilson is no longer with the team. Latavius Murray has been good when healthy but again the knock on him is can he stay healthy? Mychal Rivera has been decent but I don't think he is a TE that scares many people.

So I would say Reggie has been decent at the draft but I wouldn't put him in my top-5. He has added a lot of decent depth guys but I would say quality starters I would put that number at 6 right now with Carr, Mack, Burris, Moore, Rivera, and Jackson. There are some others who given time could prove well but right now those are the guys I see.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, let's not forget Carrie, Mayowa, Ross, McG, Streeter, and McGee as well.. 4 of those guys are starters, and play a big part in our team.. Dude what we must understand is, we blew this team up.. Im mean total rebuild!! We had no draft picks, no money, no building blocks, nothing.. Now after a few years we have some really good building blocks.. Shoot they were just on display, and put the HURT on the Whiners.. RM is hooking the Raiders up is what he's doing bro.. And ya want to know something?? I have no doubt that RM will KILL this next draft as well.. Its ok not to agree at times.. I think RM is TOP 5 when it comes to collecting young talent.. And i can't wait to get our offseason going.. Just cuz i know, RM will add even more young talent.. And who knows?? We might even add Chucky, JH, ETC?? Its all good baby..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we shall find out. See the difference here is I didn't say just starters, I said quality starters. There are some guys who are starters especially on a rebuilding team just because there is a lack of other options where other guys would start or at least be a quality player on a better team. That is why I listed the guys I did and just looked a profootballfocus and I would say Rivera is one I would take off that list of quality starters. He is having a bad year. They actually have him rated as the 4th worst TE in the NFL right now.

I would move Carrie up on to that list though as he is having a pretty good year for a rookie.

Anyway hard to tell how all the young guys are going to do. Of course you see promise in them just like I do for all the Broncos young players they have right now. We shall see what happens moving forward.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jones has been our most consistent WR. The issue is he is a #2 WR, not a #1.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schaub's contract comes off the books, they'll release MJD, Tuck & Woodley.

We'll fire RM, hire a new GM & HC & go shopping for groceries!!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray looks like the real deal btw.

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schaub's contract comes off the books, they'll release MJD, Tuck & Woodley.

We'll fire RM, hire a new GM & HC & go shopping for groceries!!!

I think Tuck is staying, MJD, Woodley and DMC can hit the road.