• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RACE TO THE PLAYOFFS

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this conversation is even more dumb than which conference is better in CFB. At least in the latter the perception matters. Well until next year when the BIG and SEC have 17 of the top 20

And people still won't be satisfied if the 49ers have Purdy go down in their first game and the Browns beat the Jags again. It won't prove or disprove the argument.
Totally agree. Which conference is better has always been a pretty silly argument, imo. It's always about how team A matches up with team B in a particular game and which team executes. Better on paper has no bearing on how the game is played. The Browns are playing inspired football and deserve a ton of credit for overcoming injuries and adversity. You fans should be pretty happy with that and realize that they have a very real shot at winning their WC game and depending on what either the Bills or Miami do could even avoid the Ravens in the divisional rd. Good for the Browns, I say. Nice to see them and Detroit turning the narrative around.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. Which conference is better has always been a pretty silly argument, imo. It's always about how team A matches up with team B in a particular game and which team executes. Better on paper has no bearing on how the game is played. The Browns are playing inspired football and deserve a ton of credit for overcoming injuries and adversity. You fans should be pretty happy with that and realize that they have a very real shot at winning their WC game and depending on what either the Bills or Miami do could even avoid the Ravens in the divisional rd. Good for the Browns, I say. Nice to see them and Detroit turning the narrative around.

Given the injuries just making the playoffs is an accomplishment. But the D is good enough to do some things. Flacco has to throw it back about a decade and do some things lol.

I don't love how they match up with Buffalo or Baltimore though. But if Cleveland can stay ahead of Buffalo and the Bills win their playoff game the Browns would avoid both until the AFC championship.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the injuries just making the playoffs is an accomplishment. But the D is good enough to do some things. Flacco has to throw it back about a decade and do some things lol.

I don't love how they match up with Buffalo or Baltimore though. But if Cleveland can stay ahead of Buffalo and the Bills win their playoff game the Browns would avoid both until the AFC championship.
It might easily be Miami as the WC team. As I said, either Buffalo or Miami could possibly win their first rd and if the Browns are the 5 seed, they avoid Lamar and the Ravens. That is huge. At Buffalo in rd 2 could be tough but the Bills have been so up and down week to week, your boys could catch them at the right time. Either way, it's gonna be an interesting post-season.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might easily be Miami as the WC team. As I said, either Buffalo or Miami could possibly win their first rd and if the Browns are the 5 seed, they avoid Lamar and the Ravens. That is huge. At Buffalo in rd 2 could be tough but the Bills have been so up and down week to week, your boys could catch them at the right time. Either way, it's gonna be an interesting post-season.

most definitely!

I just prefer the Fins because it's strength on strength in their pass game vs the Browns pass D.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's all getting ahead of ourselves. The Browns could easily lose thursday and slip into the playoffs and lose to whomever in rd 1 lol

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the best question is which team actually wants to win the AFCS? The Jags are in a freefall and TL is playing like shit. The Colts and Texans could easily take the division away from them but Houston needs to get Stroud back out there or they have no chance and the Colts are too inconsistent. Also, Minshew just as likely to throw 3 picks as 3 TDs any given week and cost them the season like Wentz a couple of years ago. Both teams have tough match-ups next week. Texans hosting the scrappy Titans and Colts hosting a ball hawking Raiders team, then they play each other. Jags get a break hosting the lowly Panthers and then have to go to Nashville.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the best question is which team actually wants to win the AFCS? The Jags are in a freefall and TL is playing like shit. The Colts and Texans could easily take the division away from them but Houston needs to get Stroud back out there or they have no chance and the Colts are too inconsistent. Also, Minshew just as likely to throw 3 picks as 3 TDs any given week and cost them the season like Wentz a couple of years ago. Both teams have tough match-ups next week. Texans hosting the scrappy Titans and Colts hosting a ball hawking Raiders team, then they play each other. Jags get a break hosting the lowly Panthers and then have to go to Nashville.

Jacksonville has the tie break I believe

so them for now lol

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacksonville has the tie break I believe

so them for now lol
Yeah, likely still the Jags to lose but a month ago, they looked like a lock and honestly, barring some huge turnaround, are very likely to lose to whoever the 5 seed is. Heads in Duval will explode if they somehow let the Panthers beat them. I'm surprised they've fallen off the way they have and that TL has seemingly regressed. I honestly thought they would run away with that division and even compete for the top seed this year and they are just limping along.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would consider them to be near synonymous with each other. If it didn’t come off that way, let me clarify and say that was my intent. My bad if I chose the wrong words but it should be clear now.

I would not consider them synonymous at all. "Running away" team has #1 seed wrapped early with couple weeks left and 1-2 losses at seasons end they are so dominant. There is no team in the NFL like that this year. Top dog just means they finish with #1 seed at end of year.

Despite the beat down, still think SF is the best team, Purdy had a bad game. Ravens defense got a lot of turnovers and probably would need to do same to beat SF again IMO. But maybe Ravens defense is really that good and could do it again, they are tied for league in turnovers and also as team in turnover margin. Ravens are a very good team, will be interesting if get #1 seed if helps Lamar´s post season results. But do not see how SF (2-3 vs the AFC) is "magically" running away from the rest of the teams if they are in the AFC.

Eagles are a beatable team... early in season beat Pats and Commanders x2 by 1 score, just beat the NYG by 1 score, all teams eliminated from playoffs already. Eagles played the AFCE this year and fortunately had 2 better teams at home needing OT to beat Bills. On the road they lost to the NYJ team without a QB and beat the Pats by 5 points and being outgained by 130 yards. Not exactly dominating performances vs 2 of the 4 AFC teams already eliminated from the playoffs. Eagles are not without their worts, putting them in the AFC does not "magically" remove those worts.

Interestingly your original post came after the back to back Eagles beat downs by 49ers and Cowboys. Wonder if that had something to do with it... not really seeing anything substantive to support your comments.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not consider them synonymous at all. "Running away" team has #1 seed wrapped early with couple weeks left and 1-2 losses at seasons end they are so dominant. There is no team in the NFL like that this year. Top dog just means they finish with #1 seed at end of year.

Despite the beat down, still think SF is the best team, Purdy had a bad game. Ravens defense got a lot of turnovers and probably would need to do same to beat SF again IMO. But maybe Ravens defense is really that good and could do it again, they are tied for league in turnovers and also as team in turnover margin. Ravens are a very good team, will be interesting if get #1 seed if helps Lamar´s post season results. But do not see how SF (2-3 vs the AFC) is "magically" running away from the rest of the teams if they are in the AFC.

Eagles are a beatable team... early in season beat Pats and Commanders x2 by 1 score, just beat the NYG by 1 score, all teams eliminated from playoffs already. Eagles played the AFCE this year and fortunately had 2 better teams at home needing OT to beat Bills. On the road they lost to the NYJ team without a QB and beat the Pats by 5 points and being outgained by 130 yards. Not exactly dominating performances vs 2 of the 4 AFC teams already eliminated from the playoffs. Eagles are not without their worts, putting them in the AFC does not "magically" remove those worts.

Interestingly your original post came after the back to back Eagles beat downs by 49ers and Cowboys. Wonder if that had something to do with it... not really seeing anything substantive to support your comments.
I really don’t give a fuck. I stated an opinion and I still believe in that opinion. You’re more than welcome to maintain any opinion you like, as am I.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t this comment apply if I was changing up what I originally said?
beats me.

the entertainment for me is you.

Dallas and their fans know they will never play in a conference championship game, as you've said here multiple times...but NOW after whipping the eagles, you are saying Dallas would rule the AFC.

clearly a temporary wind change.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beats me.

the entertainment for me is you.

Dallas and their fans know they will never play in a conference championship game, as you've said here multiple times...but NOW after whipping the eagles, you are saying Dallas would rule the AFC.

clearly a temporary wind change.
I’ve shown respect for your team and their quality of play all year. You just want to flap your gums. I feel bad for you.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve shown respect for your team and their quality of play all year. You just want to flap your gums. I feel bad for you.
no sir
this is YOUR spin on things, hardly makes it correct.

Fifteen years on a sports chat board and nobody as shown to be a bigger ass hole than you. Who the fuck cares about respect for my team? You reached from racist to crap about my pictured grand kids, AND NOW...You are the victim.

Respect for my team?
My God...LOL

AND YOU FEEL BAD FOR ME?
too funny...you, iggloo and DJ

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What facts you have? Offense Niners beat out all north teams. Rams would be 3 behind San Fran and Baltimore. Defense you have Baltimore Cleveland and Niners then rams next and Pitt and then Seattle. Cincy last. Right now, rams and Niners would be better than any north team with exception of Baltimore.
what facts?

1) AFC has gone 44-34 vs. NFC
2) AFCN is 11-4 vs. NFCW
3) The best NFCW team (and likely NFC team overall) is 1-3 vs. the AFCN and 2-3 vs. the AFC

your comments are all opinions and mostly baseless. Rams 1-3 vs. AFCN but better than anyone but Bmore? I get you think they are different than when they lost to these teams but so is the only team they beat as Flacco has 3 more games under his belt.

do you have 1 actual fact to support your baseless opinions?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but in the end does it really matter
In the end much of what we talk about doesn't really matter. Just a discussion. One I would not partake in if all I had were baseless opinions on my side and so many facts working against me.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t understand his rules. Your FG kicker missed a chip shot so now he honestly feels like the Browns are better than the Niners. Buckle up. He’s gonna spam you with replies.
another lie by you to add to your many others. when have I said the Browns are better than SF?

But, sure, they did beat SF with a MASH Unit.

I'm already buckled up ready for more lies by you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this conversation is even more dumb than which conference is better in CFB. At least in the latter the perception matters. Well until next year when the BIG and SEC have 17 of the top 20

And people still won't be satisfied if the 49ers have Purdy go down in their first game and the Browns beat the Jags again. It won't prove or disprove the argument.
I think what proves the argument (or at least enhances it) is the AFC 44-34 record overall and if we are talking AFCN and NFCW it's the 11-4 record by the AFCN.

with no factual evidence to the contrary.

Much different than the CFB conference discussions when there are so few games played among the conferences.