• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quick review of some of our players and the game

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
~our oline is a little overrated. We were getting owned in the running game in the 1st half.

~Ahmad Brooks, while he made some decent plays, missed out on a ton more plays. How the hell does Flacco out run you and juke you?

~Aldon Smith had a terrible game. I didnt see much pressure from him when I was watching and he missed tackles in the run game, took bad angles, and misdiagnosed plays.

~Bowman and Willis played a pretty good game other then a hicup or two. They were playing their hearts out there.

~Goldston had a good game and made some nice big hits.

~Brown I didnt hear or see much of so I think he did his job pretty well.

~Culliver fucking sucked. Owned left and right and a huge weakness. Yes Bingo was right

~Walker played really well. Some awesome blocks and good catches.

~Crabtree is still a beast. Had atleast too PI/holding calls against him that were never called.

~The refs fucking sucked. So many missed calls its ridiculous. Makes me sick.

~We had some nice play calls but hated the conservative play calling and just giving up

~Kaepernick played ok. He missed Vernon Davis wide open in the 4th quarter when we had to settle for a fg. It was the play he threw to Ginn who was double covered. Wouldve been an easy TD and changed the outcome of the game possibly.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't get over the one TD where we have three defenders darting towards the sidelines of the endzone without a single Raven in sight or a even heading that direction.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
~our oline is a little overrated. We were getting owned in the running game in the 1st half.

~Ahmad Brooks, while he made some decent plays, missed out on a ton more plays. How the hell does Flacco out run you and juke you?

~Aldon Smith had a terrible game. I didnt see much pressure from him when I was watching and he missed tackles in the run game, took bad angles, and misdiagnosed plays.

~Bowman and Willis played a pretty good game other then a hicup or two. They were playing their hearts out there.

~Goldston had a good game and made some nice big hits.

~Brown I didnt hear or see much of so I think he did his job pretty well.

~Culliver fucking sucked. Owned left and right and a huge weakness. Yes Bingo was right

~Walker played really well. Some awesome blocks and good catches.

~Crabtree is still a beast. Had atleast too PI/holding calls against him that were never called.

~The refs fucking sucked. So many missed calls its ridiculous. Makes me sick.

~We had some nice play calls but hated the conservative play calling and just giving up

~Kaepernick played ok. He missed Vernon Davis wide open in the 4th quarter when we had to settle for a fg. It was the play he threw to Ginn who was double covered. Wouldve been an easy TD and changed the outcome of the game possibly.

I disagree about our OL. In these playoffs, it was really the first time they face a physical/heavy DL... At first it was shaky but I thought they played very well from their end. What killed them is the added blitz pressure which allow someone to break through IMO.

I concur with Brooks. How does he not get to Flacco is beyond me...

Aldon was absolutely missing, in this stage, unfortunately, the #'s count IMO and he had zero sacks(again)... the guy is hurt so hopefully he heals up. He was doing his pressure, yes he was but this was a game he needed to finish with sacks.

52 & 53 forever...

Goldson wasn't targeted much which could be a good thing. It was Brown who popped the ball from Rice IIRC... he had a good game considering he didn't get too many looks.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I agree w/ Romanowski on this one! Even though the ball was a little high he should have extended for that ball. Kaepernick had thrown a similar ball that sailed a little too high for the receiver (that time the target was Crabtree) in which you saw a difference on how the two players attacked the ball. Crabs made a great catch toasted Ray Lewis and ran for extra yardage and got the first down. He makes me miss Kyle Williams. AJ Jenkins cannot be that bad.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever is responsible for ball control awareness needs to get a kick in the ass. Whether it is the position coaches or all the way up to Harbaugh. LMJ's fumble was completely preventable if these guys were taught to wrap up with both arms when they get into crowds.

Along with LMJ, both VD and Crabs were running with the ball swinging with very long arm motions in space and as soon as the defense closed in on them, neither of them made an effort to give extra protection for the ball. It was really lucky VD didn't fumble on the left sideline when the Ravens went for a strip and on one of Crabtree's catches to the right side where he turned to the middle and up field he got hit and spun around and he almost lost it like the Falcons game but was able to react quickly enough to regain control with his other arm.

Seems like a petty gripe, but I feel like instead of letting these guys fight for an extra half a yard the coaching staff needs to remind them to protect the ball. Two years in a row and the losses can be directly traced back to a fumble where the guy could have done a better job of protecting it. They have to take it more seriously

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss didn't even get his hands up on that interception. Culliver just hurdled over Jones and failed to touch him. He was a liability in coverage all game long. Ravens knew he was the weak link in the secondary. I am puzzled why Jenkins could not or did not seize the opportunity to be the 2nd wideout when Manningham and Williams went down? Is he another Rashaun Woods?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass defense was terrible. Flacco lobing ball up in the air and we not only could not pick them off we let them get completed. harbaugh did a very poor job or preparing the team.

The good thing about the team now is that they are never out of the game with Kaepernick. He choked at the end but he played pretty well up till that time. It was a nice comeback

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Good: Brown, Goldson, Willis, Bowman

The Bad: Culliver, Whitner, Rodgers

The Ugly: tackling (wrapping up too high)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Moss didn't even get his hands up on that interception. Culliver just hurdled over Jones and failed to touch him. He was a liability in coverage all game long. Ravens knew he was the weak link in the secondary. I am puzzled why Jenkins could not or did not seize the opportunity to be the 2nd wideout when Manningham and Williams went down? Is he another Rashaun Woods?

Not just the Ravens, many teams this year realized that and gameplan around that. We are just so lucky to have great talent around him to compensate for that weakness (great FS and pass rush). However, when our great talent supporting cast are not having a good day (Dline and safeties) he gets exposed. Flacco's gameplan was to target him and him only. Tarrel Brown didn't get picked on and was ignored all night. They were committed to sticking to their gameplan of scheming towards #29. Showing us formations that force our hands to put him against their deep threat within a specific play.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Big correction: Rogers was targeted 4 times. Brown was targeted 5 times. Whitner was targeted 6 times.

Fact: Brown and Rogers were pegged for giving up around 60 yards, however, despite their 9 combined targets.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-Safety Donte Whitner allowed five catches for 57 yards and two touchdowns among the six passes that came his way.

Knew he didnt play good but, geez...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Random note: my guy Arthur Jones had the game of his life. He should've been a 49er. :(