• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question for the East coast guys

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it Really strange that there are a bunch of guys from New York and Boston who love them some Cowboys in this Forum. I thought you boys were born to hate the Cowboys. How did you fellas become Cowboys fan. Me I'm from Houston bust most of my family are from the Dallas/FW area. I was always an Oilers/Cowboys fan. When the Oilers got the boot I became an exclusive Boys fan. Just curious.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm 25, living in Syracuse. IDK, I just grew up a Cowboys fan as a kid, my mom raised me as one, mostly because she's a Jets fan and doesn't like the Giants at all.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid, you were either a Cowboy's fan or a Steeler's fan. And Dallas was loaded with talent then, it was hard not to like the Cowboys as a young boy. Not to mention the cheerleaders back then. I don't think they get the coverage they got when I was young, but the were certainly an influence on my youth and choosing Dallas as 'MY Team."

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm 25, living in Syracuse. IDK, I just grew up a Cowboys fan as a kid, my mom raised me as one, mostly because she's a Jets fan and doesn't like the Giants at all.

"Hate" is a stronger word than I would use, but I did grow up in Oklahoma, so I was never a fan of the Cowboys.

Many Oklahomans are because it's closer to the state than other NFL teams, but I was never one of them.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it Really strange that there are a bunch of guys from New York and Boston who love them some Cowboys in this Forum. I thought you boys were born to hate the Cowboys. How did you fellas become Cowboys fan. Me I'm from Houston bust most of my family are from the Dallas/FW area. I was always an Oilers/Cowboys fan. When the Oilers got the boot I became an exclusive Boys fan. Just curious.

Then you have the opposite .... Frye is a New Yorker pretending to be a Cowboys fan......

I've been to every state in this country .... and if one ever had to be taken out ...... I'd say New York 1000 times.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are gonna laugh at this one. I became a Cowboy fan in 1970 as a young kid. The very first football game I ever watch was Super Bowl V with my grandfather. I immediately fell in love with the helmet and the royal blue away jerseys. However the real reason why I think there are so many Cowboy and Giant here in Maine was mostly due to the lack of technology at the time. Before Cable was installed In Aroostook County there was only one t.v. station, WAGM. WAGM was an affiliate of all 3 networks but primarily CBS. CBS at the time carried the NFC back then and every week the local game was the Giants and because of their popularity and ratings the Cowboys were always the double header game except maybe 2 weeks out of the year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a different world then. In the 1970's Football was the Steelers, Raiders and Cowboys; with some local teams and Vikings thrown in. You didn't have Sportscenter or the internet. The only highlights you saw were at halftime of Monday Night Football and it was all Cowboys and Steelers. So you either liked them, or hated them. That is why they are still the most liked team and the most hated team today. Why does someone from NY like the Cowboys? The same reason why someone from Mass or Oregon hates them. Many fans of differnet teams today started out as Cowboy fans. What I question more is why they switched allegiances that why some of us stayed a fan of Dallas/Pitts.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to every state in this country .... and if one ever had to be taken out ...... I'd say New York 1000 times.

Damn...that cuts deep...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a different world then. In the 1970's Football was the Steelers, Raiders and Cowboys; with some local teams and Vikings thrown in. You didn't have Sportscenter or the internet. The only highlights you saw were at halftime of Monday Night Football and it was all Cowboys and Steelers. So you either liked them, or hated them. That is why they are still the most liked team and the most hated team today. Why does someone from NY like the Cowboys? The same reason why someone from Mass or Oregon hates them. Many fans of differnet teams today started out as Cowboy fans. What I question more is why they switched allegiances that why some of us stayed a fan of Dallas/Pitts.

Anyone who switches allegiances were never fans of the team to begin with, they were fans of winning.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who switches allegiances were never fans of the team to begin with, they were fans of winning.
This!

Although I kick myself on a daily basis for picking the fucking Cubs as a kid! WTF was I thinking.

jonny_blaze

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winning isn't the worst thing to be a fan of.... I completely bandwagon for baseball and hockey, if the Flyers and Phillies aren't a winning team I don't waste a second watching them

Reasons I chose Dallas.

1. Everyone around me is/was Philly everything and I'm not/wasn't a fan of being told who to cheer for AND I enjoyed cheering against their teams as a kid. Plus they were good and had great players
2. My dad is pretty much the most laid back person ever so he let me choose who I wanted. Never bothered him a bit that I was a Dallas fan and he has cheered for the Eagles his whole life

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning isn't the worst thing to be a fan of.... I completely bandwagon for baseball and hockey, if the Flyers and Phillies aren't a winning team I don't waste a second watching them

Reasons I chose Dallas.

1. Everyone around me is/was Philly everything and I'm not/wasn't a fan of being told who to cheer for AND I enjoyed cheering against their teams as a kid. Plus they were good and had great players
2. My dad is pretty much the most laid back person ever so he let me choose who I wanted. Never bothered him a bit that I was a Dallas fan and he has cheered for the Eagles his whole life

Same with me and my Son he's a Texans fan...think he likes them cause I don't. What he don't know is I'm proud that he supports our home team. Not gonna tell him that are he'd switch:gaah:

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with me and my Son he's a Texans fan...think he likes them cause I don't. What he don't know is I'm proud that he supports our home team. Not gonna tell him that are he'd switch:gaah:
I'm raising a jets and texan fan with another too young to decide. What ya gonna do? Demand who they cheer for? Root for whoever you want too I say

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm raising a jets and texan fan with another too young to decide. What ya gonna do? Demand who they cheer for? Root for whoever you want too I say

Totally agree. If my 8 year old decided to be a Redskin fan I would love him just as much. I'd miss him after kicking him out of the house, but I'd still love him...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reasons I chose Dallas.

It the Flyers aren't winning do you don Bruin Gold, or Detroit Red? Not watching and not caring about them are two different things. I can understand doing something other than watch if you team sucks. Just don't care for guys with 3 or 4 NFL teams and they the colors of the team that's doing well. Two years later if that team is down they pull out a different jersey.

Last edited by a moderator:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My aunt moved to Richardson , Texas in 1976. I started getting a different jersey in the mail every month. Drew Pearson was always my favorite. Before then I was a huge Colt fan. In 1977, I changed allegiances. I was 6 yrs old in 1976, playing by myself in my back yard- Bert Jones to Roger Carr to Lydell Mitchell to Don McCauley. A year later it was Staubach , Pearson, Dorsett. The only thing that didnt change was when I played Punter. I was always Ray Guy lol.