• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question about the 2 1/2 losses

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its quite wierd with what's going on with Akers. I mean, last year(as I learned afterwards) he had a real good reason to be shaky with the issues of his child but thankfully all that is well now(that i know of) so what's getting this guy out of focus/track....

He will redeem himself... but needless to say, his once automatic feel that I would have has dropped a bit. Now I cringe if its a game tying/winning attempt.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its quite wierd with what's going on with Akers. I mean, last year(as I learned afterwards) he had a real good reason to be shaky with the issues of his child but thankfully all that is well now(that i know of) so what's getting this guy out of focus/track....

He will redeem himself... but needless to say, his once automatic feel that I would have has dropped a bit. Now I cringe if its a game tying/winning attempt.

MAYBE he's going thru (mentally) what happened in Philadelphia?

it is dangerous to keep hoping, Akers has a 'track record' this season and hasn't "snapped out of it". with our offense, each field goal is huge, especially in the play-offs.

unfortunately, the NFL is "what have you done for me lately".

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't even watch him kick anymore I have to leave the room or switch the channel anytime it's a kick of 40 yards or more.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the two losses, was there some theme running through our shitty defensive performance in all of them? Poor pass rush? Bad secondary?

Just curious.

The coaching was a complete disaster in all three. No ability to go away from a game plan that clearly isn't working. Harbaugh seems to be just as stubborn as a coach as he was as a player. I see them getting whipped by the Seahawks, Patriots and Saints this year and if the Bears beat them, its over.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching was a complete disaster in all three. No ability to go away from a game plan that clearly isn't working. Harbaugh seems to be just as stubborn as a coach as he was as a player. I see them getting whipped by the Seahawks, Patriots and Saints this year and if the Bears beat them, its over.

That Saints game scares the hell out of me. They are on fire right now and we play them in New Orleans. They will be fired up for that game because of that game last year in the playoffs.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Saints game scares the hell out of me. They are on fire right now and we play them in New Orleans. They will be fired up for that game because of that game last year in the playoffs.

They are very tough at home and the 49ers always struggle against a good passing offense. That is why I think New England will beat them as well. I think they can beat the Bears, especially if Smith makes it back and Cutler does not. Playing in Seattle where the Seahawks are unbeaten again this year will be no picnic either; especially now that the 49ers can no longer stop the run.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no Coaching Staff gets every single game right. no Coordinator calls every single game great. football teams have bad outings, thats why favorites sometimes lose.

we get all caught up in a loss (or tie), but the overall season picture - and coaching staff - is just fine.