• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb position, now what?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Honestly, for the first time in almost a decade I'm excited about what our QB can do... Not just cautiously optimistic that our QB won't lose the game for us...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, for the first time in almost a decade I'm excited about what our QB can do... Not just cautiously optimistic that our QB won't lose the game for us...

for a while i thought the best qb on our roster was arnaz battle

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plan would be to have Alex Smith QB the rest of the season because I feel he brings the niners a better chance in this playoffs tow win the super bowl. Next Season I would have Kaep be the starter. I thought that was the plan from the time the niners drafted him. 2 years on the bench and then become the starter. And if they dont trade smith, he would be a good back up just in case.

Honestly, I don't know why anybody should have this opinion. If we had a QB last year, we would have won the SB. We didn't. We didn't. With Smith, we CAN'T win the SB. It's pretty obvious, in my opinion.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How different does this offense look when we open the new stadium?

OL - same group (barring FA losses, none of these guys are close to retirement)
QB - Kaepernick
WR - Jenkins, Crabtree, Manningham and KW (or a legit #1 in the draft)
TE - Davis (I'd like to keep Walker because of everything else he brings despite his concrete gloves)
RB - Hunter, James and maybe Gore (I don't know if Gore is still going by that point).

It's small at the skill positions, but could be ridiculously explosive.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they're going to trade for a high draft pick for a mentor? That's the case you want to make right now?

How good was Smith pre-Harbaugh? Will teams be getting Harbaugh if they trade for Smith as well? Would he at least come with Roman or Crist?

So without Harbaugh Smith will totally forget how to manage a game and read defenses and protect the ball? A second round pick is not too high to ask for. How many more games would the Eagles have won if Vick knew how to protect the ball?

Hell Kolb blows and he was traded for a second and a probowl safety. GMs will trade for QBs. They always have and they always will.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Smith always thought the guy had a lot of heart. I do recognize his limitations as a QB but under Harbaugh he has taking care of the ball. With that said I want us to win another Super bowl sooner rather then later and who ever can get us there is who I'm going with.

Kaepernick. No picks. No fumbles.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't know why anybody should have this opinion. If we had a QB last year, we would have won the SB. We didn't. We didn't. With Smith, we CAN'T win the SB. It's pretty obvious, in my opinion.

If Williams did his job and got away from the football on that punt the niners would have won the super bowl with Smith at QB.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kap looked impressive but this week harbaugh needs to tuck the ball under kaps arm and duct tape his elbow to his body...

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was turning things around before harbaugh was here...

This is true. He re-claimed his starting job from Hill in 2009, and played pretty well in 2010 despite Singletary's poor coaching. 2011 though was really his breakout year though and showed just how much difference a real coach makes for a team. He is on pace to have another career year in 2012 if Kaep does not replace him. I'd venture to say Alex is having a pro-bowl caliber year though I know some will dispute that.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Williams did his job and got away from the football on that punt the niners would have won the super bowl with Smith at QB.

Don't start that shit in here... I'm not trying to remember that game damnit.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hell Kolb blows and he was traded for a second and a probowl safety. GMs will trade for QBs. They always have and they always will.

Well, that has a lot to do with the fact that the Cardinal personnel decisions are made by a monkey flinging poo at a list of prospective players.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't agree with that a all. The Bears looked terrible - I think they laid an egg just like we have a couple times this year.

I do agree that our two QBs go about it differently. But the end results really aren't that different, you really can't see Smith Putting up the exact same numbers Kap did? 243 on 16/23 with 2 tds and 0 ints sounds like a Stat line I've seen quite a few times the past year and a half.

Anyway doesn't matter, Kap looked great, Smith has looked just as good at times this year, Niners are 7-2-1 and I am happy. Harbaugh has an interesting decision in front of him.

To bad we can't rep anymore. Well said statement.
The only throw Kaep made I have rarely if ever seen Alex throw was the deep sideline throw to Kyle Williams. That pass was a thing of beauty. The throws to Crabtree and Davis though I have seen Alex make countless times.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We was a QB tonight that played to win the game, NOT play to not lose the game.

Haven't seen that in nearly 10 years.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So without Harbaugh Smith will totally forget how to manage a game and read defenses and protect the ball? A second round pick is not too high to ask for. How many more games would the Eagles have won if Vick knew how to protect the ball?

Lol.

Seriously. Miami didn't want him. Come on. Really?