• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Qb position, now what?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all of you saying that no team would trade anything for Alex Smith, how about those Raiders. Look at what they gave up for a bum who sucked and quit on his team. There are many teams desperate to have a starting QB like KC, Clv, Jets, Miami, Jags, Cinci, and Oak. They all would be upgraded a lot by getting Smith.

Look what happened to the guy that traded for him...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true! But I still don't think that was their A game. Their D took a crap out here today. Almost no pressure and our guys were open all day, and Frank and Hunter tore em apart. They got dominated.

I think you're exaggerating a bit - we still win with Alex, probably similar score too. Still Kap was impressive! I am not trying to rain on any parades - just trying to stay level headed.

CK deserves some credit for that lack of pressure. He was calling audibles when he saw their blitz formations and completing the short quick passes, and then escaped both Peppers and that other guy with the tough last name... he was able to escape a lot of the Bears pressure with his legs.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To all of you saying that no team would trade anything for Alex Smith, how about those Raiders. Look at what they gave up for a bum who sucked and quit on his team. There are many teams desperate to have a starting QB like KC, Clv, Jets, Miami, Jags, Cinci, and Oak. They all would be upgraded a lot by getting Smith.

Of those teams, Smith would upgrade the QB play at nobody outside of MAYBE the Chiefs. Seriously, you wouldn't trade Smith for Dalton, straight up? You're nuts.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see a few yes's on this board. Ridiculous. WTF makes Alex Smith so untouchable? His record? You mean the record that Harbaugh, the defense, and running game earned him?

I think its the politically correct syndrome? you have posters stating, " I dont want to get too excited"... Like steve young said, "how can you not get too excited over a QB that can make ALL the throws?"

Dilfer gave a very good analysis , some QBs have Jittery eyes, and do not fully commit to there throws. Then you have a guy like kaep that has calm eyes, confidence, whom fully commits to every throw they make. That is a huge difference between him and Alex

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CK deserves some credit for that lack of pressure. He was calling audibles when he saw their blitz formations and completing the short quick passes, and then escaped both Peppers and that other guy with the tough last name... he was able to escape a lot of the Bears pressure with his legs.

I didn't get to see the game. But that is encouraging if Kap was making presnap reads. That and ball security was a big worry I had going into the game.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its the politically correct syndrome? you have posters stating, " I dont want to get too excited"... Like steve young said, "how can you not get too excited over a QB that can make ALL the throws?"

Dilfer gave a very good analysis , some QBs have Jittery eyes, and do not fully commit to there throws. Then you have a guy like kaep that has calm eyes, confidence, whom fully commits to every throw they make. That is a huge difference between him and Alex

I've watched Alex his whole career. He's never looked like that against a top-5 defense. Hell, he's never looked like that against a top 20 defense.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this.

I still stand by my 10-7 outcome if Smith is throwing the ball for us.

I could see us scoring 10 if the Bears D came to play. But they didn't. Smith is definitely capable of putting similar numbers up. But Kap played great - if Harbaugh wants to go with him I get it. But if we face a D who comes to play, I just don't expect Kap to play at this level every time. hope he does though. I like legitimate QB controversies.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You need to do more than upgrade though. You need to become a contender with him. Has Alex Smith had a season that can stand up to what Palmer did before the knee injury?

Which of those teams above becomes a contender with Alex Smith? And why the hell would Miami or Cinci be interested? Your just throwing teams at the wall to see what sticks.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see us scoring 10 if the Bears D came to play. But they didn't. Smith is definitely capable of putting similar numbers up. But Kap played great - if Harbaugh wants to go with him I get it. But if we face a D who comes to play, I just don't expect Kap to play at this level every time. hope he does though. I like legitimate QB controversies.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I've never seen Smith play the way Kaepernick played against a legitimate defense. I get the "he's a backup, and they didn't have film" argument, but Kaep destroyed that defense tonight.

Alex wouldn't have.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of those teams, Smith would upgrade the QB play at nobody outside of MAYBE the Chiefs. Seriously, you wouldn't trade Smith for Dalton, straight up? You're nuts.

And you are a hater who cant view things objectively. Sanchez better than Smith? Really? How about Palmer? what is he better than Smith at? Throwing INTs? Everyone of those teams and Tenn would have a better record with Smith playing QB. I might include Philly and Car too, but im not too sure that the teams are willing yet to make a QB change.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

They didn't come to play because Kaepernick brings things to the offense that we can't even pretend to show with Smith.

He was of course buoyed by the suspicion all week that Smith would play. But Smith doesn't have the game that Kaep does against the Bears because Smith CAN'T have the game Kaep did. He is physically incapable of that game.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are a hater who cant view things objectively. Sanchez better than Smith? Really? How about Palmer? what is he better than Smith at? Throwing INTs? Everyone of those teams and Tenn would have a better record with Smith playing QB. I might include Philly and Car too, but im not too sure that the teams are willing yet to make a QB change.

No they wouldn't. Call me a hater, I don't care. You're clearly a homer.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I gotta disagree Hang - I think without Harbaugh, Smith is honestly nothing more than a back-up QB or a stop-gap starter at most.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was able to escape a couple of times - and Smith wouldn't have, but let's be serious that wasn't anywhere near the type of pressure the Bears are capable of, heck that wasn't anywhere near the type of pressure Kap faced last week. I prefer to give most of the credit for the lack of pressure to the OL (and to the fact that the Bears sucked today).

I'm just not sold on one game against a under performing team. But Kap made the most of it that's for sure.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't come to play because Kaepernick brings things to the offense that we can't even pretend to show with Smith.

He was of course buoyed by the suspicion all week that Smith would play. But Smith doesn't have the game that Kaep does against the Bears because Smith CAN'T have the game Kaep did. He is physically incapable of that game.

Yo.