• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB comparisons

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I feel dumb...

Anyone want to take a guess how these guys ended up?

Guy A
1 - 284 Carries - 1,011 Yards - 3.6YPC - 7 TDs
2 - 332 Carries - 1,207 Yards - 3.6YPC - 11 TDs

Guy B
1 - 294 Carries - 1,429 Yards - 4.9YPC - 7 TDs
2 - 319 Carries - 1,025 Yards - 3.2YPC - 3 TDs

Guy C
1 - 160 Carries - 697 Yards - 4.4YPC - 11TDs
2 - 266 Carries - 1,014 Yards - 3.8YPC - 9TDs
All of these are average except season 1 of Guy B, then season 2 he did terrible.

I'll guess that Guy C is in the HOF?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't think up legit response so other guy is a troll. Nice showing.

Troll, why were they cut/traded if the NFL didn't care and it is all bullshit? Simple question. Like I said, you lost because you boxed yourself in, checkmate troll.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya.
Guy A is Errict Rhett
Guy B is Jerome Bettis
Guy C is Marcus Allen

Interesting... well that just goes to show you that these stats mean very little. It appears that longevity is what put these guys in the HOF. Bettis will get there eventually.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why were they cut/traded if the NFL didn't care and it is all bullshit?

I know... Denver's gonna pay for picking up those castoffs Manning and Welker. What a couple of locker-room cancers those guys are! Colts just straight-out cut that Peyton dude in the middle of a contract, didn't even bother trying to trade him, they were so sick of his act.

Releasing or trading players (especially established stars with big contracts) only happens to get rid of headaches, it never has anything to do with staying under the cap or balancing your roster or anything.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded or released and picked up by another team. Why? Because someone believed that person's talent could still be productive on a football field. The distraction element of any player is largely irrelevant to NFL teams. That's my point. I've cited numerous players but there's far more than that. You can go down the roster list of every team and find situations where a player might have done something that may be considered a distraction. But teams employ them as long as they're productive. When they release them, its when they are no longer productive, just like any other player. What you're talking about is team chemistry, how a player interacts with his teammates. I'm talking about distractions, instances outside of the football field that the media focuses on. To NFL teams, all that is just background noise. There's a difference. Don't confuse the two.

Troll, why were they cut/traded if the NFL didn't care and it is all bullshit? Simple question. Like I said, you lost because you boxed yourself in, checkmate troll.

Learn to read. To quote an earlier post of yours in this thread, "Have you been paying attention?" Clearly not.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats wrong with comparing first years starting in the league??? What relevance is when they were played??? If anything Id wager that its tougher NOW to be productive since defensive schemes are so much more difficult than they were in the past.

And this combined with your blind defense of Tebow is why you're so hard to take seriously.

Two players with more than 50 attempts had a completion percentage over 65% before 1972. 3 did it in the 70s, one twice. In the 80s 13 did it, in the 90s, 21, and between 2000-2010 69 did it. Era is irrelevant, though.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamarcus had the tools, but not the drive. The drive is obviously important, but there is a certain skill level you have to have to be successful, and without it it doesn't matter if you are the most driven person in the history of the world. If you can't throw you can't be a QB. That doesn't mean if you can you are automatically a QB.

Vick's career was less than spectacular, but he was limited by the talent around him. I would rather have him running a 6.0 40 than tebow with the ability to stop time, make his decision, then start it back up and make the play.

JaMarcus Russell didn't have the tools. He had a tool, a strong arm, and there was nothing else about him that said he should be an NFL QB.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im sorry man I just dont agree. Tebow wins. Period. He won titles in HS, titles in college and won the divsion and a playoff game the one year he got his shot in the NFL. You can tell me he cant play all you want to but you dont win everywhere you have been unless you can play ( and by play I mean MAKE plays to win games, not throw 70 yards from your knees wearing shorts and no shirt)

So basically we should ignore Tebow's awful skillset because he won at lower levels. We should ignore that he played awful in Denver only to pull some shit out of his ass late in games after his defense and running game kept it close. We should ignore the clowns, the monkeys and big bearded bitches that come to town with him. what else should we ignore for a guy with an awful skillset whom you have to cater an offense to for success?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats my point though Doom, we cant really glean anything from a years worth of experience so to completely write someone off after a year where he was MORE succesful than 2 HOFer's were in their first years is insanity at its finest. Need a larger sample size.

We have a larger sample size. 9 games as a rookie, 14 games in year 2, 12 games in year 3, out of the league before year 4. Just where his skillset says he should be. Also, you say yourself that you can't glean anything from this information. Even more so, rookie players were not as ready to play NFL football so to go back 30 years, 50 years to compare Tebow's stats to Elway and Unitas certainly serves no purpose.

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats wrong with comparing first years starting in the league??? What relevance is when they were played??? If anything Id wager that its tougher NOW to be productive since defensive schemes are so much more difficult than they were in the past.

No way. It's much easier to play QB now. You can't look at the QB the wrong way without drawing a flag, can't mug WRs like you could before the Colts whined about it...Used to be passing for 4000 was a big deal now we have guys like Stafford throwing for 5000....

As far as Tebow, I've always thought if there was a team that could make an NFL player out of him it would be the Patriots. They want no part of him (Thank Jebus lol)

I do think he belongs in the NFL just not as a QB. He's awful. "He won" a crap division with an 8-8 record. At least 1 of those wins was gifted by the Bears. Then "he" beat an injury riddled Steelers team who called the worst defensive call possible on that OT play. The next week he made a pretty bad Patriots defense look like the Steel Curtain ha ha

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reason 2 is that he provides so many issues as a QB in the run game that it makes HUGE downfield plays easier to access AND Tebow ( despite his erratic short pass game) has a more than adequate deep ball. Tebow actually averaged almost 15 yards per completion in 2011 which ranked 1st in the NFL. I guarantee he could have completed 55% of his passes if Dnever had stuck with the short pass game which would still be subpar and wouldnt utilize him properly. He completed 46.5% BECAUSE HE WAS USED RIGHT and it equated to a division title and a playoff win.

He doesn't throw a good deep ball. He does what he did in college, what a lot of college QBs do, he threw the ball up for grabs and he was luck that his guy ran under it and snagged it. There's nothing accurate or even adequate about his arm, long or short balls.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take this as an insult, but maybe you should be paying closer attention. NFL teams hate distractions? Absolute bullshit. If talent is there and it can benefit a team, then GMs will sign that player regardless. Mike Vick, Ben Rothlesberger, Ray Lewis, Terrell Owens, Plaxico Burress, etc etc. The list goes on and on. All had off field issues or in TO's case, just being a total douche, yet teams kept them on. Why? Those are all media circuses so how do they stay on rosters? Because there isn't a real distraction. It's mostly media that gets worked up about it. Football management cares about one thing, can this guy perform on the field so I can keep my job as a coach/GM?

I won't disagree with that. Saying "We don't want the distraction" is nicer than saying "This kid sucks and I wouldn't touch him".

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JaMarcus Russell didn't have the tools. He had a tool, a strong arm, and there was nothing else about him that said he should be an NFL QB.

Ok, more tools than Tebow.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. It's much easier to play QB now. You can't look at the QB the wrong way without drawing a flag, can't mug WRs like you could before the Colts whined about it...Used to be passing for 4000 was a big deal now we have guys like Stafford throwing for 5000....

As far as Tebow, I've always thought if there was a team that could make an NFL player out of him it would be the Patriots. They want no part of him (Thank Jebus lol)

I do think he belongs in the NFL just not as a QB. He's awful. "He won" a crap division with an 8-8 record. At least 1 of those wins was gifted by the Bears. Then "he" beat an injury riddled Steelers team who called the worst defensive call possible on that OT play. The next week he made a pretty bad Patriots defense look like the Steel Curtain ha ha

Very True. It is easy to be a QB nowadayz. Dont forget the Umpire being behind the QB also. Any Decent Guard or Center can Hold all they want as long as their back is to the Refs, so basically if they cannot be turned they can hold all game.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically we should ignore Tebow's awful skillset because he won at lower levels. We should ignore that he played awful in Denver only to pull some shit out of his ass late in games after his defense and running game kept it close. We should ignore the clowns, the monkeys and big bearded bitches that come to town with him. what else should we ignore for a guy with an awful skillset whom you have to cater an offense to for success?

I lol'd. Got any pics for additional lols?

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His team won, he played poorly.

Hehe. Sure. That same team that was 4-12 in 2010. That same team that had the number 2 overall pick in the 2011. That same team that started 2011 1-4.

It's laughable at best to suggest that the Broncos could have done what they did without Tebow. He made a difference and to suggest otherwise shows that any that does is intellectually shortsighted.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lol'd. Got any pics for additional lols?

Yeah turkey you present it as a joke but if you have a fetish I won't judge!! Your attempt to get me to give you new pics of big bearded bitches is thinly veiled, classic fetish behavior. But don't worry, I'll keep it to myself.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hehe. Sure. That same team that was 4-12 in 2010. That same team that had the number 2 overall pick in the 2011. That same team that started 2011 1-4.

It's laughable at best to suggest that the Broncos could have done what they did without Tebow. He made a difference and to suggest otherwise shows that any that does is intellectually shortsighted.

While you're trying to put words in my mouth, what I said was it was a team effort. I didn't suggest that he didn't have anything to do with what Denver did or that they could have done what they did without him. You guys might want to sweep under the rug the fact that he played poorly most of the time but I'll keep pulling that rug back. He was awful! Awful game in and game out for most of the game and the defense and running game would keep it close. So we're not going to sit here and act like the team just sucked and he was this savior. What kind of savior sucks for 55 minutes? Tebow was a cog, a link in the chain, that played well and had a lot of luck at the end of games. Plain and simple, if he were good, he would have a job.