• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB comparisons

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I can't believe there are still people who think TT can and will be a good QB in this league.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. Tebow never had first-team off season reps but still outplayed horse face Elway in his first games, it's ridiculous that he was traded away.

Had he played better in camp he would have gotten the #1 snaps. Had he played well for 60 minutes, hell, even 30 minutes per game maybe he would have earned first-team offseason reps with some team if not Denver or New York. I mean seriously, he couldn't take snaps from Sanchize.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think it is a joke that Tebow has not been given a fair chance. The guy has never had one second of coaching (just go out there and win is what every coach he has ever had did to him). The amount of time teams have wasted on people half as good and a hundred worse of a person to develop and not one will give this guy a minute is just a Joke.

I was never high on the guy, but no one can say he has ever been given a true and fair chance to even be a back up QB for a minute, let alone a starting QB.

I also think it is sad and sick the media gets a kick out of knowing they are the reason no one will sign him as a 3rd QB.

Think about it. If I (or any of you) am a GM, Lets take the Bucs. You have a starter who will be a FA after this year, he has shown Pro Bowl play and inconsistent play. You just drafted a big armed QB in the 3rd round to be a back up and develop. You then sign Tebow and cut Orlavsky and tell him he is not playing at all this year, we want him to compete with Glennon for the back up job.

Allow him to learn an Offense (even though the Bucs are a Horrible fit, just an example) for a year. In year 2 either Freeman is back with a nice new contract or he is gone. Tebow would have a year to show improvement and development if he does and so does Glennon then you have them fight it out. If not you get a Vet and cut whoever not performing (probably Tebow).

The point is, Tebow should be on a Team. He is not because no one wants the Media Scrutiny because of a 3rd string QB that might never be able to start again.

I think it's a joke that you think that he hasn't been given a shot. He got PT as a rookie. He was the #3 QB his second year and they put him in over Quinn. Then he chose to go to NY where they already had a guy whom for whatever reasons they believe in. As I've said he's gotten more of a shot than anyone else with his skillset would have. He's just not good.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why though? Even in your own scenario you admitted he'd probably get but in a year or so. Why being the distraction in with little shot of benefitting from it?

As for not getting a chance, the fact that he even made an NFL roster as a QB with his skill set was more than fair on it's own. It's not his fault he was run out of Denver, but you don't pass up Peyton unless you're the patriots, packers, colts, or redskins. Anyone else would (and should) jump at that opportunity.

Without the Distraction, there is no Downside.

Kerry Collins Quit on the Panthers. But he was allowed not only to get a job with no scrutiny but he then went on to the Super Bowl. I am NOT saying Tebow can do that. I am saying is No One has give him a chance to develop or even just sit and let time pass.

Lets forget Denver. I agree with you. What the Jets did to him was mind boggling. What teams are doing in mind boggling.

Look at KC. That is a perfect fit for him. He can be the 3rd string guy, and give Andy Reid a year to work with him. If he is cut then We Know.

There is no reason for a team like KC to Not allow Reid to try and work his magic. Except the Media will not allow it. Best Case Scenario is you develop him and then let him shine in Preseason games and then trade him a few years from now. Worse thing, you cut him.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe there are still people who think TT can and will be a good QB in this league.

I cant believe there are people who think a guy that has won at every single level he has played at ( including the NFL) somehow CANT play QB despite him winning at every level playing that exact position. Strange....

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe there are people who think a guy that has won at every single level he has played at ( including the NFL) somehow CANT play QB despite him winning at every level playing that exact position. Strange....

Very... It might have something to do with the fact Josh McDaniels took him in the 1st round, had he been picked in the 6th then maybe part of this spectacle could have been avoided.

I never liked Tebow, still dont. I dont even know why I even try and defend him.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very... It might have something to do with the fact Josh McDaniels took him in the 1st round, had he been picked in the 6th then maybe part of this spectacle could have been avoided.

I never liked Tebow, still dont. I dont even know why I even try and defend him.

LOL, ^^^^^ thats funny. Im exactly the same way. Hell I hated the guys guts in college but feel bad for him now. Its a damn circus and the guy still has been a great teammate and WON yet he "clearly 100% cant play QB"...... Has there EVER been a guy win a national title, a Heisman AND a division title( in his first year starting) that supposedly couldnt play QB any better than the 40 year old fat guy stuffing a hot dog in his face that is sitting in the stands??? Its really quite perplexing.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop bringing up college. It has no relevance to being able to play in the NFL. Countless college stars have busted in the NFL, and Tebow is just one more. I kind of hope some idiot GM signs him just to show you all how much of a joke Tebow really is. He'll lose his job for it for sure, but my team's not that dumb, so it doesn't bother me.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop bringing up college. It has no relevance to being able to play in the NFL. Countless college stars have busted in the NFL, and Tebow is just one more. I kind of hope some idiot GM signs him just to show you all how much of a joke Tebow really is. He'll lose his job for it for sure, but my team's not that dumb, so it doesn't bother me.

Ill stop bringing up college IF you stop saying Tebow cant win as an NFL QB. Both points are "irrelevant" since my point has been disproven when it comes to college stars not always being successful in the NFL and your point has already been disproven because Tebow already won in the NFL in his one and only shot at starting. Fair???

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said a Tebow run offense is not sustainable and that he will get any GM who treats him like the answer fired within five years, and possibly even if he's brought in as a backup. I don't believe I said he can't win at all.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a shot in NY. He was brought in as a backup but if he had shown he wasn't terrible Rex Ryan would have put him in. He's not an idiot.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
rmila vince young won in the NFL how come he is not starting? He won at every level. Played better than Tebow. When Tebow can complete 50% of his passes then you can talk about him being a back up. The GMs in the NFL know more about this than any of us. They don't want him as a QB.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't pass up Peyton.

No doubt, but he should have been riding the pine in Denver to learn from one of the best.

That's why I moved here. I was planning on taking his virginity.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmila vince young won in the NFL how come he is not starting? He won at every level. Played better than Tebow. When Tebow can complete 50% of his passes then you can talk about him being a back up. The GMs in the NFL know more about this than any of us. They don't want him as a QB.

I guess you did not read this thread.

Vince young QUIT on one of the most Respected Coaches ever. Tebow, I think is incapable of quitting like Young did. Young was given EVERYTHING in the NFL. He was babied and excused for years until he Quit and Cried.

And he still was able to get on the Eagles and Bills.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I think NFL teams really hold against Tebow? The four losses in his last five starts. Week 17 they needed a win and he was absolutely awful in a 7-3 loss at home to the Chiefs - his third straight loss - and only because the Raiders also lost did the Broncos end up in a three-way tie at 8-8 and won the division by squeaking by on the "common opponents" tie-breaker.

In those four losses (all critical games), he had 4 total TDs and 8 turnovers, completed only 39% of his passes for only 143 yards a game, and didn't make up for that by special play on the ground, rushing for only 39 yards a game at a 4.7 YPC average. The Pittsburgh win was nice (made nice by the one play in overtime), but was surrounded by four really ugly, atrocious losses in crucial games.

That, coupled with the miraculous quality of many of his wins, basically sent the message that, "This guy sometimes gets miracles to win... and he sure needs them."

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, but he should have been riding the pine in Denver to learn from one of the best.

:laugh3:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have no problem with VY getting another shot although his issues are of his own creation ( the few times he freaked out and looked unstable). Tebows issues are the circus that surrounds him WHICH he never asked for.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe his contract was prohibitive. Not exorbitant but enough that it's a lot to pay a backup, especially one that would have difficulty stepping in and taking over if needed, if you are trying to take full advantage of the few years Peyton has left.

Getting run out of Denver wasn't his fault, but it was the right football decision for them IMO.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
When you don't complete 50% of your passed you are not a good QB.