• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Cam Newton reaches 1-year deal with Patriots

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't hear him say anything about Joe Flacco's or Ryan Fitzpatricks contract. I wonder why?

The Pats played this well. No one else showed interest. The Pats had all the leverage. Good for them.

IF Kaep signs a deal Sherman will open his mouth once again as well.

I am actually shocked that Sherman hasn't come out and said, "The league is black balling Newton"

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton and Mohamad Sanu worked out in California yesterday. They apparently got in a lot of running trying to hide from the Newsome Corona Violations Army, but it was filmed. Sanu looks totally jacked. He looks like the "Perfect Body" advertisement. Cam looks good except he has a 25 dredlock bundle sticking out at 45 degrees in the back and the exact same sticking out in the front. No way he can wear a helmet with that hairdoo. If I can find the video, I'll post it.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Kaep signs a deal Sherman will open his mouth once again as well.

I am actually shocked that Sherman hasn't come out and said, "The league is black balling Newton"
IMO it is silly to think that NFL teams don't sign players because of their race. Its just an excuse people use when they don't want to admit the truth. Kaep has not been signed because he is not a great QB and all the baggage is not worth the skills he has. That and he sabotaged his chances with teams who were interested.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. The NFL has always kept a place for elite talent in spite of non-football issues. If Russell Wilson had been kneeling four years ago, you can bet your ass he’d still be the Seahawks starting QB right now.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. The NFL has always kept a place for elite talent in spite of non-football issues. If Russell Wilson had been kneeling four years ago, you can bet your ass he’d still be the Seahawks starting QB right now.

WE, the general public never get 100% of the correct news. Everybody has an agenda and they report what they want you to hear not what may actually be happening.

If we haven't learned this over the past four years with MSM, then we haven't learned a friggin' thing.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to wonder if all this is to get a potential third round pick back? Ink him to a one year deal, let teams take a look he gets signed away we get our 3rd round pick back.
What about this logic: He plays well enough in camp that another team wants him, especially since the only risk is the pick traded. The Pats get compensation and it costs them nothing.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about this logic: He plays well enough in camp that another team wants him, especially since the only risk is the pick traded. The Pats get compensation and it costs them nothing.
I could go for that.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What to do? I've done nothing but slam Cam the braggart asshole that he is as I have every braggart asshole around the league. Now he's my QB.

Cripes.

cam-face-630x263-giants.jpg

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What to do? I've done nothing but slam Cam the braggart asshole that he is as I have every braggart asshole around the league. Now he's my QB.

Cripes.

Take 2 aspirin. Pour yourself four ounces of Bushmills Irish Whiskey over six ice cubes.

Sit back in a comfortable chair and enjoy the Belichick's 7th Ring Season.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol...I can tolerate cheaters, drug addicts and felons as long as they're not crybaby show boating douchenozzles like Cam.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could go for that.

What if he plays well and the Pats sign him to a long term deal? While not likely it is a possibility.

The more I read about Cam the more I'm thinking it might work out. And for all the crap I've read about him it does appear he is very active in his community helping kids and whatnot.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This signing helped overshadow some other news about the Pats that came out at about the same time.

Anyone know what that is?

New and improved condiments for the hot dogs and burgers will be available on the concourse?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if he plays well and the Pats sign him to a long term deal? While not likely it is a possibility.

The more I read about Cam the more I'm thinking it might work out. And for all the crap I've read about him it does appear he is very active in his community helping kids and whatnot.
In the end I really do not care. It's BBs job to win he must do what he feels is best for the team I have no control over that.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore that article. It states that Brady has caused only 2 missed tackles since 2011, but he has that many per game within the pocket. Brady is the best at navigating around the six or so square yards of the pocket in the history of the game.

The only stats that matter are the ones have impact on the only stat that really matters... Winning percentage. Any stat that Brady ranks near the bottom is a stat that doesn't matter for Brady. Same applies to various degrees for all players.

Anyone want to root for a team that has the worst record but also has the best punter? I recall the days of Rich Camarillo... I preferred rooting for the worst rushing QB (in terms of ypg and elusiveness) in the history of the game.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore that article. It states that Brady has caused only 2 missed tackles since 2011, but he has that many per game within the pocket. Brady is the best at navigating around the six or so square yards of the pocket in the history of the game.

The only stats that matter are the ones have impact on the only stat that really matters... Winning percentage. Any stat that Brady ranks near the bottom is a stat that doesn't matter for Brady. Same applies to various degrees for all players.

Anyone want to root for a team that has the worst record but also has the best punter? I recall the days of Rich Camarillo... I preferred rooting for the worst rushing QB (in terms of ypg and elusiveness) in the history of the game.

I know it is a garbage article meant to fill a website and kill time until real football news is available.

Brady was, and is I assume, one of the best at shifting within the pocket. He has also been able to work with some great O-Lines.
That said, I think the article is referring to when the pocket disintegrates or the QB steps out of the pocket AND is trying to keep the play alive. A telling number that CM can avoid tackles when trying to keep the play alive.
Whats the stat for QB's throwing it away?
How many intentional groundings has Brady racked up these past few years?
What is the stat for throwing to the (wide) open receiver that had been previously frozen out in order to maintain that winning percentage?