• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Puig

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has all the makings of a superstar in the making. Hopefully, he doesn't get hurt.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, do you guys think Matt Kemp is enjoying seeing what's happening?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ethier should be more worried.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wow.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, the second curtain call was a little much. :rolleyes2:

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the Yasiel Puig show. I think he'll fit right in in this big market, big media town. In fact I think he already owns it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice how his teammates totally avoided him after he made that unheralded curtain call?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all make mistakes, the guy came from Cuba! Let him have his moment haha.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already has hit as many HRs as Kemp in 8 at bats versus 191 for Kemp. Ethier shouldn't be worried with his contract but bench time will come if he doesn't start hitting. If the Dodgers do anything, bring up Zack Lee and let Barney Fife get the other start, rid yourself of Caprano and use Lilly out of the pen. Crawford is expendable more than anyone. Contract be dammed, if this kid comes on like Trout or Harper last year, someone is going away and it won't be Kemp.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine that Kemp will be traded, but I can see Ethier being traded for pitching and/or infield help at 3B. Puig will not remain the lead off hitter once Crawford returns, nor should he. Puig is a middle of the order hitter. Ethier seems to be the odd man out unless he starts producing or the Dodgers send Puig out again; which doesn't seem likely if he keeps playing even half as good as he is now.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they try to send Puig down anytime soon, the fans in right field will burn Dodger down. This guy is getting Fernando-type love already.

But I'm still surprised that none of you guys have anything to say about the embarrassing second curtain call and how the players acted like he had leprosy afterwards. I have a feeling Donnie Baseball and a veteran like Juan Uribe told the kid nicely to knock that shit off after the game. He was also celebrating in the outfield after each out in the 9th. Not cool and some are saying that if relations weren't already strained with the whole Greinke/Quentin thing, Puig might be getting buzzed tonight for all the excesses.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is blowing up with Puig facts.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig and Manny Machado are virtual locks to future stardom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edubb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knock on Puig has been maturity. Maturity and wisdom will come with more games under his belt. This kid generally looks like he enjoys the game. I am optimistic that he will continue to shine!

This could be a very interesting future for Dodger fans. Someone in the outfield will be traded very soon. The question is who will it be?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats up Edubb?? It would not surprise me if BOTH Crawford and Ethier are traded and we go through the rest of the season with Van Slyke,Kemp and Puig from left to right. We would need to eat most of Crawford's contract but an AL contender might want him to DH and do spot duty in the OF. Ethier on the other hand has a relatively reasonable contract and some teams have contacted Colletti about him.

I am going to say Ethier to Houston for Will Middlebrooks to take over at 3B and Crawford to Oakland for one of their young pitchers..

Quoth the GM.... TRADE SOME MORE!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puig has now brought up a very interesting fact that can't be solved as the Dodgers roster is at this time. Even more interesting is that this discussion is about a team at the bottom of the standings. :wtf2:

Fact 1, Crawford, Ethier and Kemp have all struggled at the plate, call it we already got paid, or Donnie Baseball is too soft or injuries but whatever it is, the fact is that they have sucked. Van Slyke came up and has done OK at the bat and in the field as guys have gone on the DL and now Puig has came in and gives a small sample of what could be now and in the future. (be it a very small sample in 2 games). We have 5 players for 3 spots. You can get away with 4 where you can spell guys every 3 days or so but how do you get at bats for all 5? You can't. Puig after just 2 games have made it almost impossible to send him back down because Dodgers fans are crying for hussle, an average, power and a spark. Someone will have to go, but who?:gaah:

Fact 2, Money clouds this issue. Crawford, Ethier and Kemp all are getting paid and Puig has been signed with the bonus. Van Slyke is the odd man out here. Question is, do you want Crawford for example playing in front of him? Until both Crawford and Kemp return, what is on the table will do but soon the issue needs to be addressed pretty quickly. I believe it was Hammer yesterday that brought up a statement that said the Dodgers would have to pay for Ethier's salary if he left, does anyone think that for the money the new owners have paid already, they won't bite on that bullet? Especially if another starting pitcher or 3rd baseball is also in the discussion.:confused2:

Fact 3, It was stated just last week by Coletti, that the new owner group wants to take the Dodgers back into the past, younger, farm system, etc, while at the same time put a decent winning team on the field for the fans. Well the transition from McCheap to now has brought up the cost for personnel to over 200 million per season. Guys that looked like the future were signed, ie.. Kemp, Ethier, Greinke, after already trading with the Red Sox last season for the likes of Crawford, Punto, Beckett and Gonzales. Also added was Hanley Ramirez. If the fact is, that the Dodgers want to go younger and more athletic then almost everyone with the exception of Gonzales and maybe Ramirez can be deal at whatever cost. The 2 billion dollar investment can only work if (A) people are in the stands and (B) the Dodgers win and now.:what:

Bottom line is, Coletti or the owners group in general want and need for the Dodgers to win now, not tomorrow, today. As the trade deadline approaches look for almost anything to be done and I believe that the cost overall will only be a factor to the owners if the Dodgers don't win. Win they will bite the bullet, no playoffs, Donnie, Colletti, Kemp.......will not be safe in Dodgers blue.:2cents:

shoktart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kemp........will not be safe in Dodgers blue

Not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean that you you Kemp will be the play traded? I would be thrilled by that because he's not earning his paycheck more than anyone on the team. But who would take that horrible contract? I don't think even the Yankees would take Kemp off our hands.

The most realistic option is Andre Ethier. But I hope they don't wait until the trade deadline. We need to trade Ethier immediately. You might think there is no rush with Kemp & Crawford on the DL. But I disagree. The sooner we get rid of the future logjam the better. Besides, we would be much better off with Gwynn in the lineup than Ethier. Let's bring Gwynn back and go with an outfield of Van Slyke, Gwynn & Puig. That would be awesome!!!

SO MUCH BETTER AND MORE PRODUCTIVE THAN CRAWFORD/KEMP/ETHIER. That trio has been a huge bust!!!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the Dodgers would trade Kemp. I look for him to come back to life in the Second Half. His problem has been injuries. And, other than the fact that Crawford is overpaid (aren't they all?), why trade a guy who is hitting .301 with 5Hr's and 13 RBI's hitting from the lead off spot? His OBP is .358 and he has nine steals. Van Slyke has power and can play 1B as well as the OF. Puig is an obvious keeper. Which leaves Ethier as the most likely trade candidate. He underperforms and getting rid of even half his salary would be a good thing. Ethier would probably find new life with an AL team and we should be able to get some decent players in return.

I suspect the Dodgers will make some moves; some of which will surprise all of us.

For now, let's see how far Puig can carry the Dodgers.

Edubb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article blue!

Edubb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you in here ksu! Seems alot of us from CBS made our way over here...

Let's hope Puig helps spark our Dodgers and we get back in the race for the West!