• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Day schedule and results

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cal WR Allen won't participate in pro day

NFL.com's Gil Brandt reports Cal WR Keenan Allen won't be participating in the school's pro day.

Brandt adds that Allen will hold an individual workout on April 9, weeks before the draft. The receiver is still recovering from his PCL injury and is largely considered as one of the top prospects, if not the top, at his position. He could be a first-round selection if he works out well at his pro day.
Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter

Mar 7 - 2:06 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Man, this can't be helpful to Allen's stock.

I have my heart set on Mike Wallace, but Keenan Allen would be a very nice consolation prize.

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dnt have an heart attack when we dnt get Wallace then Sickness.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't had the time to come on here to post alot of the news from pro days. I hope to have some time tomorrow to kind of update this thread as well as I can. For the time being...

Gil Brandt: Keenan Allen will see Dr. Andrews Monday about his knee. Still slated to work out for @NFL clubs on 4/9 at Proehlific Park in Greensboro, NC

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter:

Due to lingering tightness with hamstring injury, RB Eddie Lacy will not participate in Alabama's Pro Day March 13th. His workout date TBD.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Alabama Pro Day Results: Speed Testing | al.com

40-Yard Dash

Kelly Johnson: 5.0

Nico Johnson: 4.73/4.89

Robert Lester: 4.65/4.81

Carson Tinker: 5.19

Ranzell Watkins: 4.91

Jesse Williams: 4.9

Michael Williams: 5.4

20-Yard Shuttle

Nico Johnson: 4.47

Chance Warmack: 4.97

Jesse Williams: 4.78

Michael Williams: 4.9/4.88

3 Cone Drill

Jesse Williams: 7.69

Michael Williams: 8.1

Chance Warmack: 7.9

Broad Jump

Michael Williams: 8'1

Carson Tinker: 7'9

Kelly Johnson: 9'2

Nico Johnson: 9'2.5

Robert Lester: 10'1

Vertical Jump*

Robert Lester: 34.5"

Michael Williams: 35.5"

Chance Warmack: 24.5"

Bench Press Reps

Kelly Johnson: 19

Robert Lester: 7

Damion Square: 23

Carson Tinker: 17

Barrett Jones: 27

Ranzell Watkins: 10

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Main reason I posted that is because Jesse Williams didn't run at the combine (and Barrett Jones didn't lift). They're still borderline worthless numbers, but I guess they're better than no numbers.

27 rep's is pretty good for Jones at 309 pounds & 34 1/8 arms.

4.9's a pretty good 40 for Jesse Williams, but I still have little interest in the Niners drafting him having just signed Dorsey (and Hankins being so under-valued). And it's a B.S. number anyway.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have some serious catching up to do. I just haven't had time.

Tony Pauline: Armonty Bryant/DL/E Cent Ok evidently looked terrific in d-line drills...49ers stayed late and worked him at LB afterwards..

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
D.J. Hayden - DB - Cougars

Houston CB D.J. Hayden ran forty times of 4.34 and 4.37 seconds at the school's pro day on Monday.

If this is your first introduction to Hayden, be sure to check out some of his games. The Houston corner's closing burst is excellent and he consistently finds the football to disrupt at the catch point. Sure, there was a freak heart issue that nearly ended Hayden's life, but we hope he earns a clean bill of health.
Source: Plex Performance on Twitter

Mar 18 - 10:52 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaron Dobson - WR - Thundering

Herd Marshall WR Aaron Dobson recorded a 4.42 and 4.44 forty at the school's pro day.

The Cincinnati Bengals, New York Jets, Miami Dolphins, New York Giants, Detroit Lions and Philadelphia Eagles were in attendance. Dobson recorded a 4.29 in the short shuttle and ran the three-cone drill in 7.2 seconds. He also put up the bar 16 bench press reps. The wideout made some highlight reel catches and should be a third day selection.
Source: NFL.com

Mar 18 - 10:12 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Elam - DB - Gators

National Football Post's Russ Lande writes that Florida S Matt Elam was tight in the hips at his pro day.

"During his workout at the Pro Day, Elam displayed a little tightness in his hips and was not as quick or smooth flipping hips and changing directions as elite safeties usually are," Lande said. "Obviously, Elam’s lack of ideal size is an issue for NFL teams and the hip tightness he showed in his workout raises concerns about if he has the top level athleticism to make up for that lack of size. Teams definitely are impressed with his competitiveness, football intelligence and aggressive playing style, which should keep him from sliding out of the second day of the 2013 NFL Draft."
Source: National Football Post

Mar 16 - 8:06 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Draft Blog
Smith headed for the top 10 overall?
March, 14, 2013 5:17PM ET
By Todd McShay

West Virginia held its pro day Thursday, and despite all the positive buzz surrounding Mountaineers WR Tavon Austin (more on that later), it was QB Geno Smith who was the main attraction.

Smith came into the scripted, 62-pass session -- which also included some additional throws at the request of NFL teams -- put together by former NFL QB Chris Weinke looking to back up a solid showing at the NFL combine, and he did just that.

One of the first things that jumped out at me was the velocity and accuracy Smith showed on intermediate throws, which is something you see consistently on tape. He looked perfect on seam routes, throwing with low trajectory and good zip, and putting the ball right on the money.

As impressive as that was, what stood out most was Smith's improvement in terms of velocity and consistent accuracy on throws to the boundary (deep outs, 18-yard comebacks, vertical routes). He wasn't absolutely perfect in that area, but I saw a significant improvement over the eight game tapes I've studied from 2012.

Geno Smith's pro day went as as expected. Now, more important tests await.

One noticeable difference as I studied Smith's footwork and mechanics during the workout was his more erect posture in the pocket. His upper body was more upright, not as hunched-over as I've seen on tape, which allowed him to rotate his hips more effectively and get more zip on balls outside the numbers.

That hunched stance on tape forced Smith to waste motion and energy to straighen his torso and get the ball over the top, which prevented him from transferring his weight and rotating his hips properly. Those factors clearly affected his consistency and accuracy on deeper throws, but the change resulted in a big improvement.

This isn't a Tim Tebow-like overhaul of his entire delivery, but rather the kind of slight tweak and added polish that all quarterbacks who transition succesfully to the NFL undergo. And because he was able to make that change so quickly and so easily, you have to belive it's something he can sustain.

Teams see that kind of desire to improve and become a better overall quarterback, and it makes Smith a better NFL prospect.

Smith also showed the quick feet and compact delivery I expected to see, showcasing his smooth throwing motion. He gets the ball out in a hurry, is very accurate when throwing over the middle of the field and looked good on shorter throws, as well. He also displayed the ability to throw when moved off-platform and with different arm angles.

There is some work to be done in terms of being more mechanically sound and relaxed with his feet in the pocket, but Smith has the frame (6-foot-2⅜, 217 pounds), size potential, mobility, arm, short-to-intermediate accuracy and drive/work ethic to be a good NFL starter.

Smith has now aced the first two tests of the predraft process, and now his ultimate draft position will be determined by how he performs in private workouts and interview sessions with NFL teams that bring him into their facilities.

The first goal of those sessions is to get him out of his scripted comfort zone when working out, to see how Smith handles throws specific to a team's offense and being asked to react when things are mixed up.

The second is to watch film with him, to have an installation session that requires him to ingest and regurgitate a portion of the playbook, then get him on the whiteboard to see how well he retains and processes the information. Basically, to test his football IQ.

What he shows in those areas will go a long way toward determining his ultimate draft fate. I have a late-first-round grade on Smith, but based on conversations with people around the league it seems more and more likely that he won't make it out of the top 10 overall picks.

Arizona (No. 7) and Buffalo (No. 8) both have a primary need at quarterback. Bills GM Buddy Nix was in attendance Thursday, and Smith already has a workout scheduled with the team in the coming days.

And don't read too much into the fact the Cardinals were not represented Thursday in Morgantown. They might be feigning disinterest, they might be legitimately disinterested, or they might believe (as many teams and scouts, including yours truly, do) that pro days are so scripted and controlled that they're better off waiting for their own private workout.

Plenty of other teams in the top 10 have a secondary need at quarterback, including the Eagles (No. 4), who brought head coach Chip Kelly and much of their front office to town for a session with Smith earlier this week. Throw in Jacksonville (No. 2), Oakland (No. 3) and the Jets (No. 9), and there could be plenty of competition for Smith's services.

Now that he's showcased his physical skills twice and seemingly met the on-field standard for teams, it takes only one to fall in love with his intangibles and handling of the process for Smith to come off the board early in the first.

Austin garners big praise
Austin took part only in position drills during the workout, but he looked fantastic doing so. Austin (5-8½, 174) showed off his combination of quickness and speed while running routes for Smith, flashing impressive burst and change-of-direction skills. On any other day, all the buzz would have been about him.

He's one of the few athletes I've ever evaluated with that blend of suddenness, lateral agility and top-end speed. Some prospects are exceedingly quick but lack long speed, while others are fast only in a straight line, but Austin has both.

What was most impressive, though, was the praise I heard about Austin from those in and around the West Virginia program. Head coach Dana Holgorsen talked to me at length about Austin's physical toughness, pointing out that the pint-sized receiver/running back/return man never missed a single practice in his four years on campus.

Austin comes from something of a tough neighborhood and has an edge to his game, but at the same time he's coachable, works hard and doesn't bring any baggage with him. Given all that, it's hard to imagine him getting out of the top 25 overall picks.

Interest could start as high as Miami at No. 12, then continue all the way to Minnesota at Nos. 23 and 25. Teams in between like St. Louis (16), Pittsburgh (17), Dallas (18) and Chicago (20) could also be interested in Austin.

As for fellow wideout Stedman Bailey, he had a couple of drops, but in fairness was asked to do a lot for Smith on the day.

It wasn't the best day Bailey (5-10¼, 193) could have had, but I don't question his hands for a second based on what I've seen on tape. I also clocked him at 4.51 and 4.55 in the 40, which is indicative of the playing speed I see on tape. Overall, he did nothing to hurt his mid-third-round grade.

Todd McShay
Scouts Inc.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cornellius Carradine - DL - Seminoles

As expected, FSU DE Cornellius Carradine will be limited in the school's pro day on Tuesday.

Carradine will lift and do some light running on the sideline. He completed 28 reps on the bench press at the NFL Combine. Carradine continues to say that he will workout prior to April's draft, and if he passes medicals the Seminole pass rusher should be a top-20 selection.
Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Mar 19 - 9:17 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Star Lotulelei - DL - Utes

Utah DT Star Lotulelei is expected to fully participate in the school's pro day on Wednesday.

Lotulelei was given an "incomplete" medical tag at the NFL Combine and was subsequently held out of on-field activities. Very little information has surfaced about the heart issue, which might be a good thing, but teams will certainly be closely watching Star's workout.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Mar 19 - 8:47 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sheldon Price - DB - Bruins

Jaguars HC Gus Bradley is flying out to UCLA to put CB Sheldon Price and DL Datone Jones through a workout.

Price is a typical Bradley corner: long frame with some speed, but far from a finished product. If the former Seahawks defensive coordinator plans on implementing press man concepts again, Price could be a target on the third day. Jones would play the bigger end spot and offers power at the line of scrimmage and quickness when rushing from the interior.

Mar 19 - 8:36 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

FSU DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine completed 32 bench press reps at the school's pro day.

This is four better than Carradine posted at the Combine. Expect the stud pass rusher to workout just before the NFL Draft in late April, and if cleared medically, expect a top-20 selection.
Source: Tomahawk Nation

Mar 19 - 11:45 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cooper Taylor - DB - Spiders

Richmond S Cooper Taylor an a forty time ranging from 4.45 seconds to 4.53 at the school's pro day.

The workout took place in poor weather conditions. Taylor had a great showing at the East-West Shrine game, and if these times stand, the large safety certainly did himself a favor and some added attention.

Mar 19 - 11:19 AM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

FSU DE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine completed 32 bench press reps at the school's pro day.

This is four better than Carradine posted at the Combine. Expect the stud pass rusher to workout just before the NFL Draft in late April, and if cleared medically, expect a top-20 selection.
Source: Tomahawk Nation

Mar 19 - 11:45 AM

CRAAAAAAAAP!!!!!

People are catching on. :(

I've been saying he's a better player than Moore, Werner & Mingo.