• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Day schedule and results

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
CRAAAAAAAAP!!!!!

People are catching on. :(

I've been saying he's a better player than Moore, Werner & Mingo.

I don't understand what you are implying in your last sentence? Are you claiming that Werner or Mingo aren't considered to go in the top 20 as well?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck. I was hoping tank would make it to us.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't understand what you are implying in your last sentence? Are you claiming that Werner or Mingo aren't considered to go in the top 20 as well?

Not necessarily. I've just been saying Carradine is better than all of those guys. I think Carradine is one of the 5-8 best defensive players in the draft.

1. Jarvis Jones
2. Hankins
3. Anzah
4. Milliner
5. Richardson

...and then Carradine, Jordan & Star in there somewhere.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Random note on Damontre Moore:

I read on NFP he did not look fluid in linebacker drills at his pro' day. Confirms what I beileve about him. He needs to play RDE in a 4-3.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee pro day: Live updates as former Vols try to measure up for NFL scouts

KNOXVILLE, Tennessee -- Tennessee's pro day began in the weight room, as players hit the scale and lifted in front of dozens of NFL scouts and executives.

We'll keep a running live-blog of today's action right here. And check back later today for full coverage, including video and interviews with players.

On the bench press, Ben Bartholomew led the way with 30 reps, followed by 26 for Darrington Sentimore and 23 for Herman Lathers. Defensive backs Rod Wilks (18) and Marsalis Teague (16) also did well for their weights.
Quarterback Tyler Bray and receiver Cordarrelle Patterson may be content with their NFL combine numbers and not do much, if any, work for visiting scouts. Bray might still throw for some of his receivers, including friend Zach Rogers.

Hunter, a wide receiver and former track star, beat his two impressive jump times
from the NFL combine. He registered a 40.5-inch vertical jump and 11-6 in the broad jump.
Heights and weights...

Ben Bartholomew 6-1 6/8, 245
Willie Bohannon, 6-1 3/8, 244
Tyler Bray, 6-6 3/8, 229
Justin Hunter, 6-3 7/8, 200
Herman Lathers, 5-11, 234
Cordarrelle Patterson, 6-2 5/8, 217
Mychal Rivera, 6-3 4/8, 238
Zach Rogers, 6-0, 182
Darrington Sentimore, 6-1 5/8, 288
Marsalis Teague, 5-9 7/8, 187
Dallas Thomas, 6-5 5/8, 307
Prentiss Waggner, 6-1 5/8, 189
Montori Hughes, 6-4 4/8, 338
Da'Rick Rogers 6-2 5/8, 219
Rod Wilks, 5-11 6/8, 230

Unofficial best 40 times
Bartholomew 4.68 seconds
Sentimore 5.12
Teague 4.64
Rogers 4.51
Waggner 4.70
Wilks 4.70
Lathers did not finish the 40 due to a pulled hamstring.
In the 20-yard shuttle, Bartholomew registered a 4.34-second time, Patterson 4.40, Sentimore 4.75, Waggner 4.68, Wilks 4.41, Hughes 4.85, Zach Rogers 4.34 and Teague 4.39. All times are unofficial and according to UT.

In the three-cone shuttle drill, Zach Rogers came in with 6.72 seconds, Hunter 7.20, Teague 7.21, Bartholomew 7.34 and Sentimore 8.39. Wilks (7.18), Waggner and Patterson (7.19) also had quick unofficial times.

In the 60-yard shuttle, Zach Rogers (11.18 seconds) led the way, followed by Patterson (11.72), Wilks (11.81), Teague (11.96), Waggner (12.02) and Bartholomew. Again, all times are provided by UT.

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, a friend of UT head coach Butch Jones, was the most prominent NFL official in attendance. He spent time chatting with Bray while watching drills Wednesday.

Fifth-year defensive back Eric Gordon, who Butch Jones said is away from the team for personal issues, watched the pro day. So did men's basketball coach Cuonzo Martin.
Posted by Evan Woodbery on March 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM |

About this blog

Evan Woodbery on Tennessee football.

Follow Evan Woodbery on Twitter as @TennesseeBeat.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Akbar Gbajabiamila ‏@Akbar_Gbaja 43s

Star Lotulelei 38 reps on the bench, 3 cone of 7.76 and shuttle of 4.65. Dominated position drills w/ multiple D-Line coaches. #DoubleCheck
Expand

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Akbar Gbajabiamila ‏@Akbar_Gbaja 43s

Star Lotulelei 38 reps on the bench, 3 cone of 7.76 and shuttle of 4.65. Dominated position drills w/ multiple D-Line coaches. #DoubleCheck
Expand

This is why he is my number one rated player in this year's draft class. I hope he falls far enough for us to trade up for him. Poor man's version of Ngata at the end position would make our unit the league's best.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Star Lotulelei - DL - Utes

Utah DT Star Lotulelei completed his pro day workout without any limitations.

The results include 38 bench press reps, a 30 inch vertical jump, a three cone of 7.76 seconds, and a 4.65 second short shuttle. Draft insider Tony Pauline also reported a forty time of around 5.15 seconds even though Lotulelei was not expected to run. As we previously said, the medical exams are much more important than any timed test.
Source: Joe Schad on Twitter

Mar 20 - 1:58 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Stepfan Taylor - RB - Cardinal

NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes Stanford RB Stepfan Taylor is an "intriguing litmus test."

"Tough, durable inside grinder with no special athletic qualities," Cosell tweeted. Taylor isn't fast, but he runs hard and made defenders miss at the second level. We expect the big Stanford runner to be a third day selection.
Source: Greg Cosell on Twitter

Mar 20 - 1:38 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds and looks line a 9er:

Mike Catapano - DL - Tigers

Princeton DE Mike Catapano ran in the low 4.7s and measured in at 6'4/271 pounds during the school's pro day.

Catapano has an incredibly strong upper body and uses it to press pass blockers as an edge rusher. He's a bit too tight for out liking, but Catapano has solid tape and didn't look overmatched at the East-West Shrine game. He also recorded 33 bech press reps, 37.5 inch vertical, and a 7.03 second three cone.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Mar 20 - 12:44 PM

[YOUTUBE]2GcdKCG5F8Q [/YOUTUBE]

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 2m

Kevin McDermott/LS/UCLA has workouts set up with the Jets, Eagles, 49ers, Colts, Cards and Seahawks.
Retweeted by Matt Barrows
Expand

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Glennon - QB - Wolfpack

NC State QB Mike Glennon looked good during his "high risk pro day" workout, according to NFL Network's Bucky Brooks.
Source: NFL.com

Mar 21 - 8:51 AM

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NC State QB Mike Glennon looked good during his "high risk pro day" workout, according to NFL Network's Bucky Brooks.

Where they shooting at him? :laugh3:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This kid could be the next Brian Hartline in terms of how he develolps his game as a legitimate threat in the league within a couple years. Nobody seems to be talking about him but he has enough skills to play in the league and be a very good #3 or even a #2 receiver. I remember when he 'smoked' my favorite DB in this draft in David Amerson. Unlike AJ Jenkins, he would not have any problems picking up the playbook - he's already considered to be at an elite level now when it comes to the "mental" part of the game.

Zach Rogers - WR - Volunteers

Tennessee WR Zach Rogers ran forty times of 4.49 and 4.50 seconds at the school's pro day.

The Vols' third receiver measured in at 6'1" and 182 pounds. He also recorded a 9′ 7″ in broad jump, a 32 inch vertical, 4.30 short shuttle and 6.72 three-cone. We really like Rogers as a late round possibility, even though he had a quiet pre-draft process.

Mar 21 - 8:38 AM

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

"I think he is a second-round quarterback, all day every day, when you look at this talent," Brooks said. "He has a big arm. He has an ability to play in the pocket. He can make all the throws that you want to see. The thing that is keeping him out of the conversation as a first-round player is that he is not a great athlete, because he can't move around in the pocket and because he doesn't have the escapability you look for in elite quarterbacks."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sanders Commings - DB - Bulldogs

Georgia CB Sanders Commings posted 23 bench press reps at the school's pro day.

This would have been the most among corners at the NFL Combine, however, Commings sat out the event due to a slight labrum injury that occurred during Senior Bowl practice. Per Tony Pauline, Commings has already met with the Patriots and Saints and has upcoming workouts with Titans, Panthers, and Eagles and the Jaguars have shown interest. Commings fits best in a press man scheme.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Mar 21 - 12:56 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Georgia pro day results: Jarvis Jones runs 40 after hamstring injury scare - SBNation.com

Georgia Bulldogs outside linebacker Jarvis Jones opted not to work out at the NFL Combine, making his showing at today's pro day all the more important. For a moment, that gamble appeared to have backfired as Jones apparently pulled a hamstring running the 40-yard dash.

Athens Banner-Herald beat writer Marc Weiszer and 247Sports reporter Gentry Estes reported the hamstring tweak as it happened. It doesn't appear to be a huge issue, though, because Jones ran the 40 again without a hitch as Seth Emerson of The Macon Telegraph and Columbus Ledger-Enquirer reported later.

More: 2013 NFL Draft coverage | Bulldogs coverage at Dawg Sports

Unfortunately, Jones probably didn't achieve the time he was looking for. Weiszer reported Jones at a 4.85 in the 40-yard dash. By comparison, linebacker Alec Ogletree and safety Bacarri Rambo ran 4.53 and 4.50, respectively. Likewise, Jones put up underwhelming numbers in the broad jump, recording 9'3 and 8'7 on his two attempts according to D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Jones did look good in position drills according to Tony Pauline of DraftInsider.net.

Jones is the 2013 NFL Draft's third-rated outside linebacker prospect as ranked by SB Nation's Dan Kadar, and projected to go ninth overall in the first round to the New York Jets in Matthew Fairburn's latest mock. As mentioned, Georgia's pro day was important for Jones to establish his physical skills and post strong workout results in front of a host of NFL team scouts who didn't get the answers they were looking for at the combine. Whether he remains in the top 10 will depend on how much stock scouts put on his pro day numbers.

More highlights:

Defensive tackle John Jenkins also ran well, posting a 5.1 in the 40-yard dash according to Ledbetter. Considering he weighed in at 346 pounds at the combine, NFL scouts had to be impressed.

Cornerback Branden Smith was not invited to the combine, but he tested very well for pro scouts, running a 4.3 in the 40-yard dash and jumping 10'8 in the broad jump. He led all players among reported scores.

Running back Richard Samuel was also able to show off his explosiveness, jumping 10'5.5 in the broad jump.

Cornerback Sanders Commings tested very well at the combine, but sat out the bench press portion of the event. On Thursday, he put to rest any questions about his strength by putting up 23 reps of 225 pounds, according to Pauline.

Defensive tackle Kwame Geathers reportedly looked strong during drills, and said afterward that he has dropped his weight down (!) to 335 pounds.

Cornelius Washington showed off his versatility by participating in linebacker and defensive line drills. He apparently performed well enough to get daps from New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cornelius Washington showed off his versatility by participating in linebacker and defensive line drills. He apparently performed well enough to get daps from New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan.

I'm telling you man.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I'm telling you man.

Yeah, but does he like tater tots? :)

I've been following him closely all season. Nobody has a higher ceiling than Washington. The Adalius Thomas comparisons are a high compliment. But he is nowhere near a good pass-rusher on the outside at this point. 0.5 sacks in the SEC does not equate to a bunch of sacks in the NFL. That's why I like him on the DL for now (5-tech'). That, and he's a great run-stopper already. He's strong & has long arms to disengage & close either the C or B gap quickly.

Take a look at the guy. He just does not look like a guy who's gonna play at 265 pounds for very long. The way he works out & with his long frame, I see him getting up to AT LEAST 280 by his 2nd year. I wouldn't be surprised if he played at 275-280 this season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, this is why I think pro' day speed times are bogus. Ogletree ran .2 seconds faster at Georgia than he did in Indy.

Rambo's 4.5 40 is probably like a 4.65 at the combine.