• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Day schedule and results

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but does he like tater tots? :)

I've been following him closely all season. Nobody has a higher ceiling than Washington. The Adalius Thomas comparisons are a high compliment. But he is nowhere near a good pass-rusher on the outside at this point. 0.5 sacks in the SEC does not equate to a bunch of sacks in the NFL. That's why I like him on the DL for now (5-tech'). That, and he's a great run-stopper already. He's strong & has long arms to disengage & close either the C or B gap quickly.

Take a look at the guy. He just does not look like a guy who's gonna play at 265 pounds for very long. The way he works out & with his long frame, I see him getting up to AT LEAST 280 by his 2nd year. I wouldn't be surprised if he played at 275-280 this season.

That is because he was playing 34DE. Move his ass to 34 OLB and he will be putting up sacks. Just looking at what he did in the Senior Bowl as a 43 DE was inspiring enough. He could not be blocked. Get this dude away from two blockers and you have yourself a beast.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, this is why I think pro' day speed times are bogus. Ogletree ran .2 seconds faster at Georgia than he did in Indy.

Rambo's 4.5 40 is probably like a 4.65 at the combine.

Either that or he just ran faster that day. Handheld times are always a little faster than electric. Usually there is about .1 seconds difference in the times. I think it is entirely possible that he was much more comfortable and relaxed at his pro day and thus ran a faster time, the more relaxed you are the faster you run.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think it is very impressive when guys actually run well at the combine considering the circumstances. That has to be one of the most stressful situations of your life and you are expected to be relaxed and run a 40? No damn way, as a former sprinter I can tell you that this type of situation would certainly cause some people to tense up an run slower. Trying way too hard, stressed out, little rest, is a recipie for disaster when you talk about timed sprints.

On the other hand, at your pro day you are on your home turf and would likely be more at ease. You know your surroundings and it is a much less stressful non-televised event.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That is because he was playing 34DE. Move his ass to 34 OLB and he will be putting up sacks. Just looking at what he did in the Senior Bowl as a 43 DE was inspiring enough. He could not be blocked. Get this dude away from two blockers and you have yourself a beast.

Just to be fair, I'm gonna watch the senior bowl all the way through with an eye on Washington to see if you have a point...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
...But I do remember Washington lining up on the outside quite a bit at Georgia. Nevertheless, back to the Senior Bowl...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well Ray, I watched about half the Senior bowl (south on defense) and you definitely have a point. Washington looked more dominant as a 4-3 DE than Mongomery did, and I really like Montgomery. 5th round probably isn't realistic.

My only wonder is whether he'll get bigger or not. He doesn't look like he has a lot of mass to lose. He can play OLB at 265, but playing OLB at 280 is pushing it. So if he gets bigger, he's a DE. If he's playing OLB, I'd actually like to see him down to about 255 or so.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Miguel Maysonet - RB - Seawolves

Stony Brook RB Miguel Maysonet ran a 4.45 forty at the school's pro day.

His short shuttle time was a 4.01, which would have been the best among participating Combine running backs. Maysonet dealt with a tweaked hamstring, so he missed a large portion of activities in Indy. We really like the Stony Brook product in the later rounds.
Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter

Mar 22 - 12:31 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barkley - QB - Trojans

A "strong workout" could propel USC QB Matt Barkley into the top half of the first-round, according to SI's Peter King.

Barkley "told me at the Scouting Combine a month ago that he will throw better and harder," writes King. "Which will be a major plus if true, because there were questions about his arm strength from critical scouts on campus last fall -- because of the intense rehab he's undergone to strengthen his right shoulder." The school's pro day is scheduled for Wednesday, March 26.
Source: Sports Illustrated

Mar 25 - 9:00 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
John Simon - DL - Buckeyes

Ohio State DE John Simon ran a 4.62 forty and completed a 34 inch vertical jump during the school's pro day.

Simon also registered a 10'1" broad jump, 7.10 second three cone, and a short shuttle time in the 4.20s. He was put through linebacker drills and caught all the passes thrown his way. We like Simon in the early parts of day three due to his motor and leverage advantage as an edge rusher.

Mar 25 - 12:02 PM

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
John Simon - DL - Buckeyes

Ohio State DE John Simon ran a 4.62 forty and completed a 34 inch vertical jump during the school's pro day.

Simon also registered a 10'1" broad jump, 7.10 second three cone, and a short shuttle time in the 4.20s. He was put through linebacker drills and caught all the passes thrown his way. We like Simon in the early parts of day three due to his motor and leverage advantage as an edge rusher.

Mar 25 - 12:02 PM

Ah the infamous Ohio St. 40 times.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I bet he just worked on shedding some of that chub he had flopping around at the combine..

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
USC is having its pro' day. Woods didn't look great in terms of acceleration. McDonald looked like I thought he looked all season: big & heavy footed.

Apparently everyone was slipping in the agility drills, so they're even more useless than a usual pro' day.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
McShay thinks Woods is a high 2nd round pick & Holmes is a 3rd rounder. I think that's too high for both of 'em.

Wood's 40 was like 4.81 or something. It was about .3 seconds slower than at the combine. This is a good example of how speed times at pro' days are useless.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McShay thinks Woods is a high 2nd round pick & Holmes is a 3rd rounder. I think that's too high for both of 'em.

Wood's 40 was like 4.81 or something. It was about .3 seconds slower than at the combine. This is a good example of how speed times at pro' days are useless.

I'm kind of hoping the Bengals take Woods at the top of the 2nd. I think he will be Reggie Wayne 2.0.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Keenan Allen - WR - Golden Bears

NFL Network's Mike Mayock timed Cal WR Keenan Allen's forties at 4.71 and 4.75 during the prospect's pro day workout.

Expect a wide variance of times from the pro day. Allen has dealt with a PCL injury during the pre-draft process, but doctors have said his knee is 100 percent, with the muscles surrounding it only around 75 percent. Allen's game isn't base don long speed, rather burst in and out of his breaks and toughness at the catch point.
Source: James Dator on Twitter

Apr 9 - 10:26 AM