• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Day schedule and results

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he were good enough to offer us something but could drop to us in the 7th round or undrafted free agent. The way that Kaepernick is playing, there'd be no pressure on him. Football-wise, I don't think he'd fit even if he were better, just a cool thing for me.

Nate Montana trying to follow his father into NFL

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@RapSheet 46s

According to @BuckyBrooks, who is in Tuscaloosa for Eddie Lacy's workout… The #Bama back ran 4.57 & 4.60 in the 40.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More on Lacy:

Bucky Brooks ‏@BuckyBrooks 6m

The lack of conditioning exhibited today will lead some coaches and scouts to question his work ethic. Concerns must be addressed in Mtgs

Bucky Brooks Bucky Brooks ‏@BuckyBrooks 14m

He posted a 32.5 vertical and 9-7 broad jump & clocked a 4.44 short shuttle. Disappointing positional workout. Out of shape.Unable to finish

‏@evansilva 7m

Eddie Lacy has been nursing a partially torn hamstring for months. Not shocking he wasn't in great condition, but notable. Will teams worry?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Scott Wright:

There were 15 NFL teams at the Azusa Pacific Pro Day to see @LukeMarquardt77 including o-line coaches from the #49ers, #Broncos & #Chargers.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he were good enough to offer us something but could drop to us in the 7th round or undrafted free agent. The way that Kaepernick is playing, there'd be no pressure on him. Football-wise, I don't think he'd fit even if he were better, just a cool thing for me.

Nate Montana trying to follow his father into NFL

I know this doesn't mean we'll pick him, sign him, keep him, or play him, but I would love this. But then again, I haven't seen him play so I can't comment. I know that I've read that he's not rated that high for a reason. His completion percentage in college is low (51.6%) and his YPA is low (5.68), but his TD/INT's good (19/7) but at a lower school. He obviously was not on Notre Dame last year. I like that he opted to play somewhere over being a backup on a better team. Sounds like someone I like. But oh well, an undrafted third or fourth stringer for now would be good.

Report -- Joe Montana's son Nate Montana to work out for San Francisco 49ers

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this doesn't mean we'll pick him, sign him, keep him, or play him, but I would love this. But then again, I haven't seen him play so I can't comment. I know that I've read that he's not rated that high for a reason. His completion percentage in college is low (51.6%) and his YPA is low (5.68), but his TD/INT's good (19/7) but at a lower school. He obviously was not on Notre Dame last year. I like that he opted to play somewhere over being a backup on a better team. Sounds like someone I like. But oh well, an undrafted third or fourth stringer for now would be good.

Report -- Joe Montana's son Nate Montana to work out for San Francisco 49ers

Nate Montana on his last name: It's like a blessing and a curse

Great respect for his effort. If I believed I wasn't close to my legendary father in getting an opportunity, I might not even try to make it. If I thought I could get in somewhere, yeah, but that's a lot of pressure.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Looks like the guy I've been pimping all offseason is going to be out of reach at 31. :(

Carradine:

4.75 - 4.85 w/ a 1.61 10 yard split at 273 pounds.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the guy I've been pimping all offseason is going to be out of reach at 31. :(

Carradine:

4.75 - 4.85 w/ a 1.61 10 yard split at 273 pounds.

You don't think he's better suited for a 43 system?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You don't think he's better suited for a 43 system?

He might be, but I've been saying all offseason he's a better pass-rusher than Moore, Mingo, Werner & probably even Jordan. He's one of the few players who can just as easily beat the guy around the corner as bull-rush him to the QB. And I think he could start out rotating in at both OLB and DE. Eventually, I think he could take over for JSmith at RDE. The Niners desperately needed a guy like that last year.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might be, but I've been saying all offseason he's a better pass-rusher than Moore, Mingo, Werner & probably even Jordan. He's one of the few players who can just as easily beat the guy around the corner as bull-rush him to the QB. And I think he could start out rotating in at both OLB and DE. Eventually, I think he could take over for JSmith at RDE. The Niners desperately needed a guy like that last year.

I agree with you there on the desperate need of a RDE... This team needs a add to its pass rush in doing so it helps make the DBs look a whole lot better...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Correction: I've just seen 2 sources say Tank's 10 yard split is 1.63, not 1.61.

Can't find anything on his agility times (which are like a friggn' national secret this offseason for some reason).

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
While it is true that we need a future RDE replacement given the contract of Justin Smith next yr. and his advancing age...we also need a LDE to add some push as we get no pressure from the left side most games. I'm not adverse to adding 2 DE this draft hopefully they can rush the passer and be stout against the run. Most of the long passes came on scrambles to the QBs right side(our left DE side) where we had little pressure and lost outside containment. JMHO

calison3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I doubt he would do the agility stuff 4 months after surgery. Cutting and planting is much more dangerous than running a straight line.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I doubt he would do the agility stuff 4 months after surgery. Cutting and planting is much more dangerous than running a straight line.

Good point.

I have a really hard time finding agility times & hand / arm lengths though. Not just for injured players. Especially from past years.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he hasn't done any cutting yet so I doubt he did those drills.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple league sources tell CBS Sports' Rob Rang that NFL teams will likely have to keep Florida State DE Tank Carradine (ACL surgery) from participating fully until training camp or later.
Carradine tore the ACL in late November, so by training camp he'll be only eight months removed. Teams would be smart to play it safe with Carradine to avoid a re-tear of the knee ligament ala Ryan Broyles last year. Rang reports that Carradine's forty time at Saturday's Pro Day workout was actually 4.93, not the 4.75 reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer. Nevertheless, his recovery has been impressive. Carradine could be a steal if he falls to day two.
Source: CBS Sports Apr 20 - 8:10 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Multiple league sources tell CBS Sports' Rob Rang that NFL teams will likely have to keep Florida State DE Tank Carradine (ACL surgery) from participating fully until training camp or later.
Carradine tore the ACL in late November, so by training camp he'll be only eight months removed. Teams would be smart to play it safe with Carradine to avoid a re-tear of the knee ligament ala Ryan Broyles last year. Rang reports that Carradine's forty time at Saturday's Pro Day workout was actually 4.93, not the 4.75 reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer. Nevertheless, his recovery has been impressive. Carradine could be a steal if he falls to day two.
Source: CBS Sports Apr 20 - 8:10 PM

So you're SAYIN THERE'S A CHANCE?!?!!?

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

So Sickness, do you think he has the frame to add 20-25 lbs and still be just as explosive at the DE position? Cause being agile and effective at different rush techniques is one thing for a 3-4 LB and completely different for someone at a DE spot.. Cause I would personally say that 273 is plenty heavy for a 3-4 OLB and yet very underweight for the DE position.. Just wondering your take on his body type..