• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Day schedule and results

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So Sickness, do you think he has the frame to add 20-25 lbs and still be just as explosive at the DE position? Cause being agile and effective at different rush techniques is one thing for a 3-4 LB and completely different for someone at a DE spot.. Cause I would personally say that 273 is plenty heavy for a 3-4 OLB and yet very underweight for the DE position.. Just wondering your take on his body type..

I wouldn't say he's "very" underweight for the DE position. He'd be a lighter one for sure...

I don't think he's has the frame to add 20-25 pounds naturally. He's gonna be 24, so he's close to as big as he'll naturally get. However, I think he could add 10-15 pounds.

The advantage of getting him is that he could both fill in at both rush OLB spots and both DE spots on passing downs. That means they could get him on the field quite a bit. And since JSmith is still here, he wouldn't have to be an every-down DE as a rookie.

Consider that Carradine weighed in at 276 at the combine after having injured his knee (meaning he can't do any core lifting or leg workouts; just upper body). That's only 7 pounds less than Datone Jones, whom most people think is a great fit as a 3-4 DE (which he is, but I don't like him in the first round). I think Carradine could easily get up to the same weight as Datone Jones, and he already has the strength, long arms & great hand useage to shed blockks anyway.