• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict your team's 1st round pick

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the better.

In this draft I'm curious to see how teams respond to the lack of depth at WR...I think it just pushed guys higher.
I dont think the draft lacks depth but it lacks a top level.

I do think Treadwell will be the first one off the board but only because he is so young. He is 2 1/2 years younger than Michael Thomas and Josh Doctson and there is a good chance neither Doctson and Thomas are pro ready so the age does become a factor.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think Treadwell will be the first one off the board but only because he is so young. He is 2 1/2 years younger than Michael Thomas and Josh Doctson and there is a good chance neither Doctson and Thomas are pro ready so the age does become a factor.
Bold: yeah I think it's balanced, but not a lot of game-changers. Wentzel has the best potential to be a franchise player, imo.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see anybody getting by him on speed rushes on his game tapes. Sets up quickly and doesn't get bowled over. So I disagree with your footwork complaint. To me his biggest fault is he's to passive, especially at run blocking.

That's why I can't see him being a Seahawks pick.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 620.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I can't see him being a Seahawks pick.

Maybe, but they have met with him and he does have those athletic metrics that the Seahawks love in linemen. Be nice for a change to have a OL whose strength is pass blocking. Let Cable teach him how to run block better.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but they have met with him and he does have those athletic metrics that the Seahawks love in linemen. Be nice for a change to have a OL whose strength is pass blocking. Let Cable teach him how to run block better.

To me it's not really a run blocking vs pass blocking thing with Ifedi. Its, like you said, a question of toughness. I think they could look past someone not being a great run blocker, but they can't look past someone who's considered passive. And really, I can't either. The Hawks need to reestablish their place as bullies, they need tough guys in order to do that. That's one of the reasons that I hope Frank Clark sees the field a lot more this year.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing happened with Decastro falling to you guys in 2012. Lucky bastards.

Billings seems like a good fit there, perhaps A'Shawn Robinson (who I think is going to fall).

What about WR? Bryant is done for the year it appears, so Treadwell or Doctson would look awful nice on the other side of Brown.

Wait... Only fools take LT early... But a Guard early. That's even worse, no?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,747.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks #26 will trade down into the 2nd round imo...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... Only fools take LT early... But a Guard early. That's even worse, no?
1. Pittsburgh was not a rebuilding franchise. They had just gone 12-4 the season before, so clearly they had a lot of the right pieces.
2. This wasn't a top 5 or top 10 pick. They took him at 24th.

Stupid comment.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 620.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it's not really a run blocking vs pass blocking thing with Ifedi. Its, like you said, a question of toughness. I think they could look past someone not being a great run blocker, but they can't look past someone who's considered passive. And really, I can't either. The Hawks need to reestablish their place as bullies, they need tough guys in order to do that. That's one of the reasons that I hope Frank Clark sees the field a lot more this year.

Seahawks may see like you do, they do like OL with a mean streak. However for me, this tough guy concept is over valued over actually playing the position well. Give me a guy that is serious over not getting beat on a play, rather then a guy that gets beat because he's not good at his job, but tries to make up for it by smashing the guy that beat him, to the ground, from behind ( because he's chasing ).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks #26 will trade down into the 2nd round imo...
Imo everyone in that range will want to trade down. After the first dozen or so players, the next 75 players are pretty much a 2nd rounder.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 620.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo everyone in that range will want to trade down

Several of them certainly, but not all. Figure a team that needs a QB that they can coach up, will want to draft about this range...hopefully. See Browns or Broncos as candidates that may want to leap frog each other and move up just enough.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like this pick, but I think it will be

MICHIGAN STATE CONNOR COOK

I hope it is a QB, Defensive Line, Defensive End, Offensive tackle, Guard, Center, or Cornerback.

These are not the best ones but the ones I think will be available. Sure I would like Joey Bosa or Jalen Ramsey but they won't be available.

I will be quite happy if it is any of these guys. I don't think Lynch will be available, Denver settles for the 4th best QB, Connor Cook, that seems to be the same type of personality as Jay Cutler, douchey.

QB Paxton Lynch (I like Wentz over Goff, Wentz reminds me of Roethlisberger. Big, strong and tough)
Defensive Line -Robert Nkimediche
Defensive End - Kevin Dodd or Shallique Calhoun
Offensive tackle - Taylor Decker or Jason Spriggs
Guard - Cody Whitehair
Center - Ryan Kelly
Cornerback - William Jackson III

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Tom Cable your oline coach Harold ????.....He's a bad hombre, broke an assistants jaw in Oakland with 1 punch....You gotta love it !! :thumb:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 620.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just listening to PC/JS pre draft interview and they talk about this and yes they talked about how they want OL to fire off the line and drive the defensive player back and be tough. They also said OL now a days just don't do that because of how offenses operate with screens, spread offenses, etc.
Guess we'll find out in a couple of days.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The saints are going to draft BPA I think among what they like. The secondary is really not that bad but Hargreaves or Jackson would be nice addition to the secondary and should teams figure Breaux out and he regresses he can move to a safety or slot. But we need to shore up the dline and get Lawson.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Carolina wants Treadwell or Henry.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, you're right, but depth as in guys ready to contribute...in theory it should push the top level guys a little higher in the draft than maybe they would've gone in a year with more top shelf prospects. If I'm the GM for CLE, CIN, HOU, or another team looking to add a WR that can help in '16...it'll be interesting to see if they can maintain BPA discipline in this draft.