• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict your team's 1st round pick

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to be a smartass, but how many OL prospects have good technique period, anymore?

Very few...Matthews from TX A&M was the last that I remember being pretty much pro ready in terms of technique, he just needed more upper body strength....but, he had the benefit of a HOF father at the same position.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Honestly, I'm coming around on the idea of taking an OT in the first, even if we stay at 8. If we were still at 2 I would hate the idea, but this might not be bad at 8 given how many picks we have picked up for ourselves this year. If we were to snag Elliott, I would be ecstatic. There are some solid options later on in the draft at OT that would be interesting, so it's not an absolute must have, especially since it's not even the LT that we need right now.

BPA IMO. The only thing that worries me about taking Zeke at 8 is the position in general. RBs in the NFL have a pretty short shelf life. Pretty rare anymore for one to be on the same squad that drafted him 8+ years afterwards.

But, of that list I'd be happy with anyone except maybe Jack due to his knee worries.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA IMO. The only thing that worries me about taking Zeke at 8 is the position in general. RBs in the NFL have a pretty short shelf life. Pretty rare anymore for one to be on the same squad that drafted him 8+ years afterwards.

But, of that list I'd be happy with anyone except maybe Jack due to his knee worries.
You're right when you look at that average, but that's the same for about any position. Look at how QBs are shuffled and discarded. The odds of making it past your rookie contract anymore isn't even good when you look at it from the macro, even for first rounders. However, I think Zeke is a transcendent talent who should have a special career. If it was any other RB, for sure no way you take him.

I'm also a Buckeye homer, and I'd love a Browns jersey that would be fun to wear for once.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it'll happen. The Browns were already in position to take a QB and instead traded for more picks. With the consensus being that Lynch is clearly behind the other 2 QBs, it doesn't make sense to me for Cleveland to reach for him in the top 10 when much better prospects are still around.

Assuming the 2 QBs go 1-2, then the top remaining picks are Ramsey, Bosa, Stanley, Buckner, Tunsil, Elliott, Jack

I'd be surprised if Cle took someone outside of that group.

Most likely one of those in bold will be the pick. SD is really on OTC.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had debates over scheme fit with Bosa, but I would be pleased as well.

Say it's Bosa. What do you do with the rd 2 pick?

WR, Michael Thomas if available (only drafting Buckeyes, haha).

Honestly tho, It's totally dependent on who's available and where their board is. They have needs everywhere, but I think they especially need help in the WR corps so I might angle that way. They have 2 serviceable RBs already, so if they're not going Zeke at 8, I don't know that they draft a RB at all before the 3rd or 4th round. They need secondary help and LB help too, so another defensive pick isn't off the table.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR, Michael Thomas if available (only drafting Buckeyes, haha).

Honestly tho, It's totally dependent on who's available and where their board is. They have needs everywhere, but I think they especially need help in the WR corps so I might angle that way. They have 2 serviceable RBs already, so if they're not going Zeke at 8, I don't know that they draft a RB at all before the 3rd or 4th round. They need secondary help and LB help too, so another defensive pick isn't off the table.

Thomas would not be a bad pick...lol.

Reason I ask is this is really a late 1st rd pick...you're right...lot of options...they could go with a guy like Spriggs and then use one of the extra 3rd rd picks to get back into the 2nd rd for a WR like Boyd, from PIT or Sheppard.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Was beat up badly in college?

After his freshman year, he was listed as the best pro-style QB in college football. He regressed badly since O'Brien left. Lots of sacks, and just overall not great play.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After his freshman year, he was listed as the best pro-style QB in college football. He regressed badly since O'Brien left. Lots of sacks, and just overall not great play.

Ok, sounds like he is going to be a reclamation project.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, sounds like he is going to be a reclamation project.

He'd be a decent value in the late 2nd round or later IMO. At one time he was considered a no-doubt future #1 guy. The raw ability is there, but he's definitely going to need some work.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who they'll pick but the guy will either suck, or be really good but they'll need to trade him in a couple of years like Revis and now Wilk because they put themselves in cap hell

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I think there is a good chance Jack drops quite a bit with the medical concerns.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas would not be a bad pick...lol.

Reason I ask is this is really a late 1st rd pick...you're right...lot of options...they could go with a guy like Spriggs and then use one of the extra 3rd rd picks to get back into the 2nd rd for a WR like Boyd, from PIT or Sheppard.
We may be able to get this at the top of the 3rd round, and I would be thrilled. I think he's going to end up having a very solid career, if not great. If he was 2" taller, he'd be a first rounder, even with his "character concerns".

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may be able to get this at the top of the 3rd round, and I would be thrilled. I think he's going to end up having a very solid career, if not great. If he was 2" taller, he'd be a first rounder, even with his "character concerns".

All the better.

In this draft I'm curious to see how teams respond to the lack of depth at WR...I think it just pushed guys higher.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the better.

In this draft I'm curious to see how teams respond to the lack of depth at WR...I think it just pushed guys higher.
Yeah, we don't really have that dynamic, top 10 talent like a Julio Jones or ODB in this draft, but I think we could have guys that could be in the DeAndre Hopkins/Pierre Garcon/Jarvis Landry mold. I love Mike Thomas, Tyler Boyd, Leonte Caroo and Rashard Higgins. There's also some great sleeper potential in guys like Marquez North, Keyarris Garrett and Kenny Lawler.