• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict how will LA's next 4 years with Lebron go....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it warms my heart to see a Lakers fan say- with the best player in the league- that "making the playoffs and getting to the 2nd round should be this teams ceiling for this year".

I couldnt imagine ever saying any season in the prime of LeBron James - would have a ceiling of the 2nd round---

Walton tests variety of lineups, 'won't overreact'

Kuzma and Beasley at center in small lineups? I think that is a disaster waiting to happen.

Why would it warm your heart? It would be pretty stupid to predict something more than that when you consider they have a core group of players who are still learning how to play in the NBA.

And lol @you thinking that testing various lineups means anything. It's a pretty much re-made roster. The pre-season and early part of the regular season will be used for seeing how different lineups work together on the floor. If a lineup looks to be "a disaster waiting to happen", it won't be used anymore.

I know that last night made Lebron to the Lakers real for you and that you're dealing with off the charts levels of butthurt. But there's no need to embarrass yourself over it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you gonna be stupid all year because you're upset LeBron left again? The Lakers have had their worst 5 year run in franchise history missing the playoffs each of those years. Funny you won't mention that fact when you're blathering on & on & on. Give it a rest wiggy. Because nobody wants to hear your anti LeBron nonsense after kissing his rear end 24/7 the last 4 years. The sad thing is you'll be doing this crap all season long.

And remember you're the only person in this country insisting if the Lakers don't go to the Finals this year (which is asinine) it will hurt LeBron legacy.
Trolls gonna troll

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolls gonna troll

Yeah but he's entertaining from time to time. This isn't one of those times though. And if the Lakers start off slow he'll be the first one to over analyse everything.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would it warm your heart? It would be pretty stupid to predict something more than that when you consider they have a core group of players who are still learning how to play in the NBA.

And lol @you thinking that testing various lineups means anything. It's a pretty much re-made roster. The pre-season and early part of the regular season will be used for seeing how different lineups work together on the floor. If a lineup looks to be "a disaster waiting to happen", it won't be used anymore.

I know that last night made Lebron to the Lakers real for you and that you're dealing with off the charts levels of butthurt. But there's no need to embarrass yourself over it.

Wait until he starts saying Magic doesn't know what the hell he's doing. You know, just like Pat Riley.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but he's entertaining from time to time. This isn't one of those times though. And if the Lakers start off slow he'll be the first one to over analyse everything.

While completely ignoring that with the Heat and Cavs he had slow starts in each of those first seasons with far more experienced rosters.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While completely ignoring that with the Heat and Cavs he had slow starts in each of those first seasons with far more experienced rosters.

That was different though. I don't know why but wiggy knows why.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WCF WCF TITLE TITLE Retires with the cavs on a one year deal.

I don't get this idea that he's going to retire with the Cavs. He just moved to LA to set up his future beyond basketball; you honestly think he's going to uproot his family back to the mistake by the lake for sentimentality?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this idea that he's going to retire with the Cavs. He just moved to LA to set up his future beyond basketball; you honestly think he's going to uproot his family back to the mistake by the lake for sentimentality?

It's speculation that he'll want to officially retire as a Cav since he'll certainly go into the HoF as a Cav. I could see it happening.

I don't think he'd necessarily have to uproot his family and move them all back to Cleveland for 1 season. More likely he'd just fly them in for certain games and then obviously for the last home game.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt this place is more fun with him around. It's just funny how obviously he's trying to get a rise out of Laker and Heat fans. He's obsessed and it's adorable.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's speculation that he'll want to officially retire as a Cav since he'll certainly go into the HoF as a Cav. I could see it happening.

I don't think he'd necessarily have to uproot his family and move them all back to Cleveland for 1 season. More likely he'd just fly them in for certain games and then obviously for the last home game.

Maybe a ceremonial 1 day contract, but I don't see a full season happening.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt this place is more fun with him around. It's just funny how obviously he's trying to get a rise out of Laker and Heat fans. He's obsessed and it's adorable.

You think he went out & gotta LeHollywood # 23 Lakers jersey?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait until he starts saying Magic doesn't know what the hell he's doing. You know, just like Pat Riley.
Pat Riley is a first ballot hall of famer and used to be one of the best GM's in the history of the game--- he just lost it

I dont think Magic ever "had it". I dont know what out there would actually lead you to believe he does.

At this point we saw him bring in Beasley, Stephenson, McGee, Rondo, KCP etc. to surround LBJ with. If I was making a list ofthe 20 biggest nut jobs in the NBA everyone of those guys would be on it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Riley is a first ballot hall of famer and used to be one of the best GM's in the history of the game--- he just lost it

I dont think Magic ever "had it". I dont know what out there would actually lead you to believe he does.

At this point we saw him bring in Beasley, Stephenson, McGee, Rondo, KCP etc. to surround LBJ with. If I was making a list ofthe 20 biggest nut jobs in the NBA everyone of those guys would be on it.
That's actually the coolest thing he's ever done! Don't worry, everyone but you knows the Lakers aren't trying to win a ship this year. Lotta one year deals there.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 playoff appearances
2 conference finals
0 finals

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when was the last time he missed the playoffs before 2018-19?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He COULD sign for a dollar or a 1 day contract the day before retiring maybe....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol...

it is just so funny to see LeBron and the Lakers fans bascially admit they are not winning shit- when the last time he went to Miami- or back to Cleveland, it was these huge celebrations with huge expectations.

In LA you get LeBron playing in his age 34 season with basically no hope of getting to the Finals- let alone winning it and LeBron clearly focusing on his business opportunities more than he ever has in the passed becuase he pretty much knows it too.

It is warms my heart to see so many other high level players, either directly, or indirectly, show how they do NOT want to play with LeBron, whether its Kyrie or Butler or George or Kawhi.

also- the fact that- if the lakers got lucky in a draft or two- and took a Porzingis or a Mitchell etc. how much better off they would be- instead of having just Ingram, Ball, Kuzma to show for years and years of tanking. Shit- Cavs were bad for 4 years and got Kyrie, Wiggins, Waiters, TT, extra first rounders they dealt away in deals for JR/Shump/Mozgov, Korver, Frye, etc.

That is what warms my heart. lol.

that after years of tanking - you get the best player in the world- and, under your own admission- the best you are likely to receive is a 2nd round exit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...

it is just so funny to see LeBron and the Lakers fans bascially admit they are not winning shit- when the last time he went to Miami- or back to Cleveland, it was these huge celebrations with huge expectations.

In LA you get LeBron playing in his age 34 season with basically no hope of getting to the Finals- let alone winning it and LeBron clearly focusing on his business opportunities more than he ever has in the passed becuase he pretty much knows it too.

It is warms my heart to see so many other high level players, either directly, or indirectly, show how they do NOT want to play with LeBron, whether its Kyrie or Butler or George or Kawhi.

also- the fact that- if the lakers got lucky in a draft or two- and took a Porzingis or a Mitchell etc. how much better off they would be- instead of having just Ingram, Ball, Kuzma to show for years and years of tanking. Shit- Cavs were bad for 4 years and got Kyrie, Wiggins, Waiters, TT, extra first rounders they dealt away in deals for JR/Shump/Mozgov, Korver, Frye, etc.

That is what warms my heart. lol.

that after years of tanking - you get the best player in the world- and, under your own admission- the best you are likely to receive is a 2nd round exit.

And it warms everyone else's heart to see how butthurt you are and that you have chosen the hill you're going to die on.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron has already been declining athletically for a few years. But he's made up for it the same way Kobe did, by becoming a smarter player and knowing when/how to "rest" while on the court, specifically on defense. That's why, like Kobe in his later years, you don't really see Lebron mentioned for defensive awards anymore.

Unless he suffers a major injury, I expect Lebron's will continue to be a gradual decline rather than the "falling of a cliff" variety.

The difference is that Lebron was pretty much on 1 year deals in Cleveland, so the Cavs didn't have a lot of choice but to do whatever they had to do to keep him happy. The Lakers have him signed for 4 years (3 with player option on 4), so they don't have to worry about him opting out. I expect that they will talk to him about any roster changes that he or they may want to consider (they did the same with Kobe), but they won't make any deals that don't make sense regardless of what Lebron wants.
the last contract LeBron signed with the Cavs is exactly 1 year shorter than the one he just signed with the Lakers

and unlike the Cavs- the Lakers main concern should be LeBron's longevity.

He will be playing in his age 34 season. Over the long term- erosion of talent is much more of an issue than is contract length. The Lakers can play it safe and not fold to LeBron's demands in order to win short term all they want since they have him locked up- but what does it matter if they have him locked up when he goes from being The King to just another pawn?

As great as LeBron is- does anyone think he will THE KING in his age 37 season?