• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict how will LA's next 4 years with Lebron go....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last contract LeBron signed with the Cavs is exactly 1 year shorter than the one he just signed with the Lakers

and unlike the Cavs- the Lakers main concern should be LeBron's longevity.

He will be playing in his age 34 season. Over the long term- erosion of talent is much more of an issue than is contract length. The Lakers can play it safe and not fold to LeBron's demands in order to win short term all they want since they have him locked up- but what does it matter if they have him locked up when he goes from being The King to just another pawn?

As great as LeBron is- does anyone think he will THE KING in his age 37 season?

Based on what the Lakers appear to be doing, Lebron won't have to be the best player in the NBA for the Lakers to win with him.

The idea this year is to let the kids learn from him and develop (apparently Kuzma has been shadowing him trying to learn whatever he can).

Hopefully, next off-season they will land a top FA to go along with him and the kids development so they can be contenders starting next season.

If the Lakers play their cards right they can have Lebron for a couple of seasons while he's still the best player in the game and then a couple of seasons when he's still a top 5-10 player in the league, but now has a bunch of young, really good players with him and another top FA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what the Lakers appear to be doing, Lebron won't have to be the best player in the NBA for the Lakers to win with him.

The idea this year is to let the kids learn from him and develop (apparently Kuzma has been shadowing him trying to learn whatever he can).

Hopefully, next off-season they will land a top FA to go along with him and the kids development so they can be contenders starting next season.

If the Lakers play their cards right they can have Lebron for a couple of seasons while he's still the best player in the game and then a couple of seasons when he's still a top 5-10 player in the league, but now has a bunch of young, really good players with him and another top FA.
great idea

why take advantage of the prime of maybe the best player in NBA history when you can instead develop a bunch of unproven young guys that might or might not be great players someday to carry maybe the best player in NBA history after his prime window is shut?

its the whole Wiggins for Love argument- except just 4 years later. In 2014 the argument was- deal Wiggins- his prime does not line up with LeBron's. 4 years later- its--- let Ball and Ingram develop with LeBron?

hey- we shall see how it works out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why take advantage of the prime of maybe the best player in NBA history when you can instead develop a bunch of unproven young guys that might or might not be great players someday to carry maybe the best player in NBA history after his prime window is shut?

It's certainly a better idea than spending the rest of his prime years in Cleveland with an owner he hates, no cap space and a roster of old guys who can't stay healthy or keep track of the score, all so he can run himself into the ground just to get his ass kicked by the Sixers or Celtics instead of Golden State. That sounds like a helluva good time.

The Lakers are playing for the present and the future. This year, they have Lebron and the kids with some guys on 1 year deals. What the hell else is this year going to be about but the development of the youngsters and getting their games to mesh with Lebron?

They'll develop the kids, hopefully get them some playoff experience and then go after another big fish in the off-season.

Gee, I wonder why he went to LA?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will make the conference finals once and lose. That’s it.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last contract LeBron signed with the Cavs is exactly 1 year shorter than the one he just signed with the Lakers

and unlike the Cavs- the Lakers main concern should be LeBron's longevity.

He will be playing in his age 34 season. Over the long term- erosion of talent is much more of an issue than is contract length. The Lakers can play it safe and not fold to LeBron's demands in order to win short term all they want since they have him locked up- but what does it matter if they have him locked up when he goes from being The King to just another pawn?

As great as LeBron is- does anyone think he will THE KING in his age 37 season?
If he had stayed in The Land....you wouldn't be "he's 34 and has a lot of miles on his body."

Just stop it

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everybody gets this.....but Wiggy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he had stayed in The Land....you wouldn't be "he's 34 and has a lot of miles on his body."

Just stop it
before he even left Cleveland I said the same thing- Ithink LeBron probably has 2 more years as the best player in the league.

You think its crazy to think a guy playing in his age 36 season will be the favorite to be the best player in the league? Not only a guy playing in his age 36 season, but a guy that came into the NBA straight from high school and has played more playoff games in his time in the league than any one in NBA history? That is coming off making the journey to 8 straight NBA Finals? That alone is another season of wear and tear.

LeBron is a freak of nature--- but anyone that wants to tell me that they think LeBron is likely to be the best player in the league in his age 36 season is positively crazy.

I think its probably an 90% chance LeBron is the best player in the league this year. I think its probably a a 65-75% chance he is the best player in the league next year.

After that- in his age 36 season- i still think he will be very good- perhaps a top 10 player--- but as they say- father time is undefeated and i dont see LeBron James being the best player in the world during his age 36 season- and going into his 18th season in the NBA with countless long playoff runs wearing on his knees and back and legs you realize why its so unlikely to happen.

If you want to say that its likely that LeBron is still the best player in the league at age 36- hey- you can be my guest- I just think the chances of you being right are slim- if for no other reason than its never been done before. I think its an UNBELEIVABLE testament to his talent- and it truly shows just how great he is to think he can do it for 2 more years- absolutely no one else would i say could do that with the miles that LeBron has on his odometer besides LeBron. I would never say that about anyone else- not Kobe, not Jordan, not anyone- any one of those guys at the age of 35 having LeBron's miles would never have a PRAYER of being the best player in the league- yet i think LeBron is more than likely to be the best player in the league in his age 35 season- which is just CRAZY when you thin kabout it.

Even Jordan started wearing down- and Jordan played multiple years of college ball and took multiple years of wear and tear off his body when he went to play baseball- hell at that point the playoffs were shorter too.

I just think when you have a player like LeBron- and he is in his age 34 season- you try and do everything you can to take advantage of the last year or two or three of his absolute prime. Its why i was fine trading Wiggins- and that was FOUR YEARS AGO.

I think 2-3 years from now you will be looking back DJ and saying-"What the fuck was Magic thinking about WAITING to make his move to get guys until LeBron was no longer the best player in the league- why the fuck did he insist on hanging onto guys that either could be great or could be just another guys- when he had maybe the best player that ever lived at the fringe of his prime?- when he had the most valuable thing in all of sports- the best player in the NBA- in his prime- and instead of selling the farm to make a run he brought in malcontents like Rondo and Stephenson and McGee, and Beasley and KCP- on one year deals- planning for NEXT YEAR- when you have the best player in the world bar none in the back quarter of his prime when he could have EASILY had Kawhi Leonard suiting up next him- but instead- preferred a 21 year old Brandon Ingram- who even if he maxes out every single ounce of potential he has and against the odds turns into Kevin Durant-lite- wont do it for another 4 years and by then- you know it, i know it, lebron knows it- everyone knows it- it will be too late to take advantage of signing the best player in the world at the back end of his prime".

its why i just dont get it. Even if Ball defies the odds and turns into Kidd and Ingram defies the odds and turns into Durant- itll just be too late for LeBron to take advantage of it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody gets this.....but Wiggy.

Eh, @WiggyRuss gets it too, he's trolling you guys. He knows what the Lakers and LeBron are doing. Now, it may not work and he will rub it in mercilessly, but he knows what they are trying.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking novel length response.....LOL.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, @WiggyRuss gets it too, he's trolling you guys. He knows what the Lakers and LeBron are doing. Now, it may not work and he will rub it in mercilessly, but he knows what they are trying.
He's wasting his time - for the time being I am just going to enjoy the season and see if the Lakers are better then they were last year. If they are as good as I think they will be, then they will be fun to watch, but it's a process and a lot can happen.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking novel length response.....LOL.

All to argue against a statement nobody is making. Please point to the statement that anyone made that Lebron will still be the best player in the NBA at age 36, 37 or whatever.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All to argue against a statement nobody is making. Please point to the statement that anyone made that Lebron will still be the best player in the NBA at age 36, 37 or whatever.

Yep but at age 36-37 he should still be a top 15-20 player with the way he is fanatical about keeping his body in shape.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep but at age 36-37 he should still be a top 15-20 player with the way he is fanatical about keeping his body in shape.

It's possible, but who knows when the injury bug can hit. He should continue to get leaner and lose some of that bulk as he ages to take some of the impact off his knees.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami (4 years)

4 finals

2 championships

Cle (4 years)

4 finals

1 championship

La (4 years)....
hes proven he can carry a bunch of shit on his back. problem is, this isnt he east.

and lebron aint 25 anymore.

playoff bubble annually, but in more often than not.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes proven he can carry a bunch of shit on his back. problem is, this isnt he east.

and lebron aint 25 anymore.

playoff bubble annually, but in more often than not.

Playoff bubble initially, with the team improving each year, deeper into the playoffs. IMO.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

It's some folks are thinking that the Lakers are going to have this same roster for the length of Lebron's contract.

The Lakers have a young core that should continue to improve and enough cap space to add another top level FA next summer.

But some folks seem to think they'll be lucky to make the playoffs all 4 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its possible- but then at hte age of 33 i might have said the same about Kobe- and then it all fell apart rather quickly.

If LeBron is still the best or even a top 3 player in his age 35 season that will be absolutely unreal and truly show how great he is.

When you consider that LeBron has already blown by guys like Jordan away in Games Played- it makes you think.

LeBron has played 1143 regular season games and 239 playoff games = 1382

Jordan played 1072 regular season games and 179 playoff games= 1251

Kobe played 1346 regular season games and 220 playoff games = 1566

Wade has played 982 regular season games and 172 playoff games = 1154

Shaq played 1207 regular season games and 216 playoff games = 1423

How many games had Jordan, Kobe, Wade, Shaq played before they started hitting the wall? No one will claim that any of Shaq, Kobe, Wade, Jordan were elite players at the end of their careers- not even close to top 20 players. LeBron is currently sitting on 1382 games played- which- if he played EVERY GAME in an 82 game season comes out to just about 17 seasons worth of games.

I am just as interested as anyone else to see how much longer he can do it an elite level. On one hand- its LEBron- he is a freak of nature and keeps himself in as good of shape as anyone ever- on the other hand- the human body only has so many jumps in it, the human body can only take so much on its knees and back before it starts to give.

LeBron remaining the best player in the league after 1382 games is remarkable in and of itself. It should be interesting to see how long he can continue to do it.

I do know one thing- when you look at the way Shaq, Kobe, Wade, Jordan went----- it went FAST. It was not a gradual decline.