• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict how will LA's next 4 years with Lebron go....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

It's some folks are thinking that the Lakers are going to have this same roster for the length of Lebron's contract.

The Lakers have a young core that should continue to improve and enough cap space to add another top level FA next summer.

But some folks seem to think they'll be lucky to make the playoffs all 4 years.
if you were to bet on LeBron's most productive year in LA- wouldnt it be his age 34 year and not his age 35 year or age 36 year?

LeBron certainly is not going to get better as he goes from his age 34 season to his age 35 season to his age 36 season. The best LeBron that the Lakers will have is this year LeBron and they basically decided to chalk this season up when they refused to make a reasonable offer for Leonard.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, @WiggyRuss gets it too, he's trolling you guys. He knows what the Lakers and LeBron are doing. Now, it may not work and he will rub it in mercilessly, but he knows what they are trying.
my reasoning is the same as it was when the Cavs made the Love for Wiggins deal.

Wiggins was an AMAZING prospect- way more highly regarded coming out of college than either Ball or Ingram- but the logical thing at the time was to say--- Hey Wiggins is 19/20 years old. LeBron is 28. Their prime's do not line up. Trade Wiggins for a guy who's prime does lineup with LeBron's- its the only smart thing to do. Even if Wiggins maximizes every OUNCE of his potential- he wont hit his prime for AT LEAST 4-5 years- and by that time LeBron will be well on his way to his mid thirties.

I cant see how FOUR YEARS later- dealing with lesser regarded talents than Wiggins like Ball and Ingram- it makes sense to say- lets develop these guys who's true primes are STILL at least 3-4 years away- and that even if they maximize every ounce of their potential- LeBron will be 37-38 years old by the time they hit their primes.

If I have the best player maybe in the history of basketball in his prime- i try and find other players that are in their primes to play with him instead of squandering his prime developing kids that may or may not become high level players some day--- and even if they od become high level players- it will be long after LeBron has begun his decline.

The Lakers very easily could have a lineup on day 1 of the playoffs of Ball/Rondo, Hart, Kawhi, LeBron, Cousins if they "went for it".

Instead they will hope this offseason they can get a big time player in via free agency which is far from a guarantee and squander the best year of LeBorn that they will have.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you were to bet on LeBron's most productive year in LA- wouldnt it be his age 34 year and not his age 35 year or age 36 year?

LeBron certainly is not going to get better as he goes from his age 34 season to his age 35 season to his age 36 season. The best LeBron that the Lakers will have is this year LeBron and they basically decided to chalk this season up when they refused to make a reasonable offer for Leonard.

Keep it crazy wiggy, it's what you do best. How about mentioning the fact that Kawhi said he didn't want to play w/ LeBron? The sad thing is you'll be doing this silly anti LeBron stuff all year long.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction for the Lakers the next 4 years.

1st year- better record than the Cavs
2nd year- better record than the Cavs
3rd year- better record than the Cavs
4th year- better record than the Cavs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't matter what his most productive year would be. Things played out the way they did and he still decided that he'd rather be a Laker than a Cav.

They made a reasonable offer. The Spurs weren't going to help the Lakers get better.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter what his most productive year would be. Things played out the way they did and he still decided that he'd rather be a Laker than a Cav.

They made a reasonable offer. The Spurs weren't going to help the Lakers get better.
and the Lakers will have much less success than the Cavs or Miami due to their poor management decisions and the fact LeBron cares way more about off the court stuff than he ever has in the past.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep it crazy wiggy, it's what you do best. How about mentioning the fact that Kawhi said he didn't want to play w/ LeBron? The sad thing is you'll be doing this silly anti LeBron stuff all year long.
yah its crazy to say LeBron will be better in his age 34 season than his age 36 season. Shit- thats right on the same level as saying the earth is flat.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my reasoning is the same as it was when the Cavs made the Love for Wiggins deal.

Wiggins was an AMAZING prospect- way more highly regarded coming out of college than either Ball or Ingram- but the logical thing at the time was to say--- Hey Wiggins is 19/20 years old. LeBron is 28. Their prime's do not line up. Trade Wiggins for a guy who's prime does lineup with LeBron's- its the only smart thing to do. Even if Wiggins maximizes every OUNCE of his potential- he wont hit his prime for AT LEAST 4-5 years- and by that time LeBron will be well on his way to his mid thirties.

I cant see how FOUR YEARS later- dealing with lesser regarded talents than Wiggins like Ball and Ingram- it makes sense to say- lets develop these guys who's true primes are STILL at least 3-4 years away- and that even if they maximize every ounce of their potential- LeBron will be 37-38 years old by the time they hit their primes.

If I have the best player maybe in the history of basketball in his prime- i try and find other players that are in their primes to play with him instead of squandering his prime developing kids that may or may not become high level players some day--- and even if they od become high level players- it will be long after LeBron has begun his decline.

The Lakers very easily could have a lineup on day 1 of the playoffs of Ball/Rondo, Hart, Kawhi, LeBron, Cousins if they "went for it".

Instead they will hope this offseason they can get a big time player in via free agency which is far from a guarantee and squander the best year of LeBorn that they will have.

Those lesser talents are progressing more than Wiggins, so apparently the hype machine was off target. Hype always favors slashers/scorers, as they are easier to see with an untrained eye.

Lakers could easily have Kawhi and Cousins? Not with the Spurs wanting to send Kawhi elsewhere. Cousins is a cancer and injured; Golden State can have him (or whatever they can get out of him) this year.

What I've seen so far (2 preseason games) is Lebron fitting into a team concept that doesn't require him to shoulder as much of the load. Rondo has looked great so far, and there should be little drop off at PG once Lonzo is ready (soon, now practicing with no limitations). The great passing seems contagious, to the point of over-passing right now. This team is deeper than they have been in a long time. The main issue I see right now is whether they have a viable small ball center option, but that is tough to evaluate against the Nuggets (the only team they have faced so far, twice), as they have one of the better starting centers in the league. Moe Wagner is out with a bone contusion right now, so he'll be playing catch-up once he's cleared (which may be in the G-league to get him minutes).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those lesser talents are progressing more than Wiggins, so apparently the hype machine was off target. Hype always favors slashers/scorers, as they are easier to see with an untrained eye.

Lakers could easily have Kawhi and Cousins? Not with the Spurs wanting to send Kawhi elsewhere. Cousins is a cancer and injured; Golden State can have him (or whatever they can get out of him) this year.

What I've seen so far (2 preseason games) is Lebron fitting into a team concept that doesn't require him to shoulder as much of the load. Rondo has looked great so far, and there should be little drop off at PG once Lonzo is ready (soon, now practicing with no limitations). The great passing seems contagious, to the point of over-passing right now. This team is deeper than they have been in a long time. The main issue I see right now is whether they have a viable small ball center option, but that is tough to evaluate against the Nuggets (the only team they have faced so far, twice), as they have one of the better starting centers in the league. Moe Wagner is out with a bone contusion right now, so he'll be playing catch-up once he's cleared (which may be in the G-league to get him minutes).
i just dont see how LeBron "isnt required to shoulder as much of the load". For the last 8 years of his career he has played with 2 other all stars the vast majority of the time.

Whether it was Bosh or Wade or Love and Kyrie- all but that last year in Cleveland he had arguably 2 of the top 25 players in the league playing with him.

Now who are the 2nd and 3rd best players on the Lakers? Certainly no one of all star quality- certainly no one that approaches the talents of Bosh, Wade, Kyrie, Love.

This will be the first time in nearly a decade that LeBron will not be able to rely on another all star level talent ot help him carry the load.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes 4 finals and 1 championship...huge failure!
Considering he hand picked the team to get exactly what he wanted, and then didn't win, I'd say it was a huge failure.

Is he in a better situation now?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah its crazy to say LeBron will be better in his age 34 season than his age 36 season. Shit- thats right on the same level as saying the earth is flat.

Other than you who has said LeBron will be a better player @ 34 than 36? You sure live in an odd fantasy world.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the Lakers will have much less success than the Cavs or Miami due to their poor management decisions and the fact LeBron cares way more about off the court stuff than he ever has in the past.

Other than Magic getting fined for running his mouth about other teams players, there have really been no poor management decisions since Magic and Pelinka took over.

As for success, I'll take the Lakers track record over the Cavs and Heat any time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just dont see how LeBron "isnt required to shoulder as much of the load". For the last 8 years of his career he has played with 2 other all stars the vast majority of the time.

Of course you don't, it's the Lakers. Either that, or your knowledge of the game is even more limited than I thought.

Anyone who knows even a little about the game can see where playing alongside a pass first point guard to set him up for easy scores, set others up for easy scores and who can relieve Lebron of some of the ball handling duties can lighten his load.

I'm sure they will still be pretty "Lebron heavy" once the regular season starts and there will be plenty of times where he will take over games. He's the best player in the world, so it would be stupid not to lean on him. The Lakers are just set up so that hopefully they won't have to lean on him as much. At least not as far as having to run the entire offense all of the time.

He's on a team now that has 4 and sometimes 5 players on the floor who can all handle the ball and pass.

Whether it was Bosh or Wade or Love and Kyrie- all but that last year in Cleveland he had arguably 2 of the top 25 players in the league playing with him.

They were also players who weren't exactly known for their passing skills and setting others up to score. Bosh and Love were relegated to being catch and shoot players, D-Wade was a 2 guard whose job was to score and Kyrie was a score first point guard.

The passing and setting others up to score all came from Lebron on those teams. On the Lakers, there are others who can do that along with Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering he hand picked the team to get exactly what he wanted, and then didn't win, I'd say it was a huge failure.

Is he in a better situation now?

Yes and no.

As far as getting to the finals this year and playing with experienced players, he's not. Even though I don't think the Cavs would get past the Celtics or the Sixers, they would have had a better chance to come out of the East then the Lakers do of coming out of the West.

However, over the next 4 years, he looks to be in a better situation. The Lakers have a promising young core and the cap space to sign another top level FA next summer. So, in that respect, he's in a better situation to get to the finals within the next 3-4 years.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now who are the 2nd and 3rd best players on the Lakers? Certainly no one of all star quality- certainly no one that approaches the talents of Bosh, Wade, Kyrie, Love.

This will be the first time in nearly a decade that LeBron will not be able to rely on another all star level talent ot help him carry the load.

The Lakers may not have other all-stars (yet), but they have a deep team full of good to great passers. The Cavs would grind out wins with Lebron pounding the ball too much. The Lakers want to push the pace and move the ball which should ease up Lebron's usage rate IMO. It's about style of play as much as it is whether there are other all-stars. You're fixating on the wrong things.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it will be interesting to see how "passers" help LeBron- if they od at all.

That is of course a double edged sword.

When you have guys like Rondo and Ball etc. that require very little defensive attention- you can double off them.

Think you can double off Kevin Love or Chris Bosh sitting on the 3 pt line? How about Kyle Korver or Kyrie Irving? etc. etc. etc.

LeBron will see more double teams and extra defenders this year than he has in a LONG LONG time. Playing LeBron more in the post- and playing him with guys that have bad-to-mediocre outside shots will cause LeBron to endure more double teams, endure more hits, endure more physical play, than he has had to endure in years and years and years.

Doing that when he is entering his age 34 season seems assinine to me. Id rather have LeBron playing at the top of the key, directing the action, spreading the floor- instead of taking the ball out of his hands, playing guys that cant shoot that cause LeBron to be double teamed, playing him in the post more where he will get beat up more. But again- thats just me. We shall see how it works out.

Having one of the best playmakers in the history of the NBA with the ball in his hands and with shooters spreading the floor making sure he does not get double teamed seems to make a lot more sense than taking the ball out of the hands of maybe the best playmaker in NBA history and playing guys that can be double teamed off of assuring LeBron sees more defensive attention than he has in years.

When LeBron kicks that ball to the outside after collapsing the defense and instead of Kyle Korver or Kevin Love or CHris Bosh or Ray Allen catching it- sees Ball or Rondo or Hart or whoever catching it- i think he will realize that having some truly elite shooters around him made a BIG difference. When he sees that extra defender doubling off Rondo or Hart and going after him- that would have to stay out home om Kyle Korver or Ray Allen- he just might not like it as much as he htought he would.

but who knows- maybe Pelinka and Magic are right- that having passers with LeBron is more important than having shooters. lol- i mean- 8 straight Finals appearances just dont mean what they used to apparently.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will be interesting to see how "passers" help LeBron- if they od at all.

That is of course a double edged sword.

When you have guys like Rondo and Ball etc. that require very little defensive attention- you can double off them.

Think you can double off Kevin Love or Chris Bosh sitting on the 3 pt line? How about Kyle Korver or Kyrie Irving? etc. etc. etc.

LeBron will see more double teams and extra defenders this year than he has in a LONG LONG time. Playing LeBron more in the post- and playing him with guys that have bad-to-mediocre outside shots will cause LeBron to endure more double teams, endure more hits, endure more physical play, than he has had to endure in years and years and years.

Doing that when he is entering his age 34 season seems assinine to me. Id rather have LeBron playing at the top of the key, directing the action, spreading the floor- instead of taking the ball out of his hands, playing guys that cant shoot that cause LeBron to be double teamed, playing him in the post more where he will get beat up more. But again- thats just me. We shall see how it works out.

Having one of the best playmakers in the history of the NBA with the ball in his hands and with shooters spreading the floor making sure he does not get double teamed seems to make a lot more sense than taking the ball out of the hands of maybe the best playmaker in NBA history and playing guys that can be double teamed off of assuring LeBron sees more defensive attention than he has in years.

You're stuck in a different system and can't see beyond it.

BTW, Rondo was 4-5, including 3-3 from the arc last night.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're stuck in a different system and can't see beyond it.

BTW, Rondo was 4-5, including 3-3 from the arc last night.
i realize the differences between the two.

I just think having shooters around LeBron- and keeping the ball in the hands of one of the best playmakers in NBA history, if not the best- seems ot make more sense than taking the ball out of his hands and not priotizing shooting.

Its gonna be interesting to see if it works.

we KNOW that surrounding LeBron with shooters that make sure a team that doubles him pays for it works.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i realize the differences between the two.

I just think having shooters around LeBron- and keeping the ball in the hands of one of the best playmakers in NBA history, if not the best- seems ot make more sense than taking the ball out of his hands and not priotizing shooting.

Its gonna be interesting to see if it works.

we KNOW that surrounding LeBron with shooters that make sure a team that doubles him pays for it works.

We also know that requiring Lebron to dominate the ball this deep into his career is asking for trouble.

These Laker kids haven't played with a vet that will draw double and triple teams like Lebron; that alone should spike their development and efficiency.