• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict how will LA's next 4 years with Lebron go....

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami (4 years)

4 finals

2 championships

Cle (4 years)

4 finals

1 championship

La (4 years)....

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WCF WCF TITLE TITLE Retires with the cavs on a one year deal.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to the actual post:

I think it's pretty safe to say that Lebron is coming to a completely different situation with the Lakers than he went to with the Heat and the Cavs.

With the Heat, he was joining 2 established all stars, one of whom is a no doubt first ballot hall of famer and the other was at least a potential hall of famer. So championships were the expectation.

With the Cavs, he went to a team with an established young star who was/is one of the most exciting scorers in the game and another established all star. They are in the East, so making the finals at the least, was the expectation.

With the Lakers, he's joining a team with a young core that has a lot of potential, but who still have a lot to learn. Then there's the rather "eclectic" group of vets they signed with him.

This year will be about the development of the kids and meshing their games with Lebron's and vice versa. Barring some sort of blockbuster trade, making the playoffs and getting to the 2nd round should be this teams ceiling for this year.

This off-season, the Lakers will be looking to add another FA and the kids will be expected to have developed over the course of the season and continue that development over the off-season. Next year, I expect the pressure to get to, at least the WCF, will increase greatly. Especially if they land a top FA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, are you saying his stint in Cleveland was a failure?

Considering the hype around them when they first joined together and that the Warriors weren't yet the Warriors we see now...

you could make a case that his stint in Miami was closer to a failure than his stint in Cleveland (not that 4 finals trips and 2 titles could ever truly be considered a failure lol).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the hype around them when they first joined together and that the Warriors weren't yet the Warriors we see now...

you could make a case that his stint in Miami was closer to a failure than his stint in Cleveland (not that 4 finals trips and 2 titles could ever truly be considered a failure lol).

I was obviously joking. But yeah. Expectations in Miami were much higher. As they should have been.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes 4 finals and 1 championship...huge failure!
The failure was in miami not cleveland. He over achieved in cleveland. With GSW taking one title was a success. But in the Miami days. No excuse.

DERK DERK DERK

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples and Oranges; Give me apples, I mean apple pie, but whoever heard of orange pie?

As to Lebron with the Lakers; I think he'll win a title in his 2nd or 3rd yr. with the team. They'll be a playoff team every year though.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The failure was in miami not cleveland. He over achieved in cleveland. With GSW taking one title was a success. But in the Miami days. No excuse.

DERK DERK DERK

I was being sarcastic lol

The only Miami failure i would say was losing to Dallas. Cavs didn't get to play an easy team like Dallas. Dallas is the only bad spot on Lebrons resume imo

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to the actual post:

I think it's pretty safe to say that Lebron is coming to a completely different situation with the Lakers than he went to with the Heat and the Cavs.

With the Heat, he was joining 2 established all stars, one of whom is a no doubt first ballot hall of famer and the other was at least a potential hall of famer. So championships were the expectation.

With the Cavs, he went to a team with an established young star who was/is one of the most exciting scorers in the game and another established all star. They are in the East, so making the finals at the least, was the expectation.

With the Lakers, he's joining a team with a young core that has a lot of potential, but who still have a lot to learn. Then there's the rather "eclectic" group of vets they signed with him.

This year will be about the development of the kids and meshing their games with Lebron's and vice versa. Barring some sort of blockbuster trade, making the playoffs and getting to the 2nd round should be this teams ceiling for this year.

This off-season, the Lakers will be looking to add another FA and the kids will be expected to have developed over the course of the season and continue that development over the off-season. Next year, I expect the pressure to get to, at least the WCF, will increase greatly. Especially if they land a top FA.

When lebron came back to the cavs i was worried we may have been getting a too old version of him to ever win again or that he wouldn't be as good. That ended up being completely wrong lol

There has been a lot of talk about lebron declining, but that has been yet to be seen. He actually sometimes seems to get better.

How the next 4 years play out for the lakers will really depend on how lebron holds up. He has had a lot of minutes. I think his dropoff is going to be pretty huge at some point but who knows. I also think that mid season the lakers will make lot of changes. Lebron always says he wants to develop the young guys take it slow, but once they start losing he starts making passive aggressive comments and forcing trades. He didn't give the young guys in cle much time even though he said that in his letter lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been a lot of talk about lebron declining, but that has been yet to be seen. He actually sometimes seems to get better.

How the next 4 years play out for the lakers will really depend on how lebron holds up. He has had a lot of minutes. I think his dropoff is going to be pretty huge at some point but who knows.

Lebron has already been declining athletically for a few years. But he's made up for it the same way Kobe did, by becoming a smarter player and knowing when/how to "rest" while on the court, specifically on defense. That's why, like Kobe in his later years, you don't really see Lebron mentioned for defensive awards anymore.

Unless he suffers a major injury, I expect Lebron's will continue to be a gradual decline rather than the "falling of a cliff" variety.

I also think that mid season the lakers will make lot of changes. Lebron always says he wants to develop the young guys take it slow, but once they start losing he starts making passive aggressive comments and forcing trades. He didn't give the young guys in cle much time even though he said that in his letter lol

The difference is that Lebron was pretty much on 1 year deals in Cleveland, so the Cavs didn't have a lot of choice but to do whatever they had to do to keep him happy. The Lakers have him signed for 4 years (3 with player option on 4), so they don't have to worry about him opting out. I expect that they will talk to him about any roster changes that he or they may want to consider (they did the same with Kobe), but they won't make any deals that don't make sense regardless of what Lebron wants.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very early overall prediction is that we eventually get somebody that will carry him to his last title. So 1 title in 4 years. I'd call that a success

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was being sarcastic lol

The only Miami failure i would say was losing to Dallas. Cavs didn't get to play an easy team like Dallas. Dallas is the only bad spot on Lebrons resume imo
Derk derkity derk dirk. He played out of his mind that year. Son of a bitch

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to the actual post:

it warms my heart to see a Lakers fan say- with the best player in the league- that "making the playoffs and getting to the 2nd round should be this teams ceiling for this year".

I couldnt imagine ever saying any season in the prime of LeBron James - would have a ceiling of the 2nd round---

Walton tests variety of lineups, 'won't overreact'

Kuzma and Beasley at center in small lineups? I think that is a disaster waiting to happen.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it warms my heart to see a Lakers fan say- with the best player in the league- that "making the playoffs and getting to the 2nd round should be this teams ceiling for this year".

I couldnt imagine ever saying any season in the prime of LeBron James - would have a ceiling of the 2nd round---

Walton tests variety of lineups, 'won't overreact'

Kuzma and Beasley at center in small lineups? I think that is a disaster waiting to happen.

Are you gonna be stupid all year because you're upset LeBron left again? The Lakers have had their worst 5 year run in franchise history missing the playoffs each of those years. Funny you won't mention that fact when you're blathering on & on & on. Give it a rest wiggy. Because nobody wants to hear your anti LeBron nonsense after kissing his rear end 24/7 the last 4 years. The sad thing is you'll be doing this crap all season long.

And remember you're the only person in this country insisting if the Lakers don't go to the Finals this year (which is asinine) it will hurt LeBron legacy.