• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict how will LA's next 4 years with Lebron go....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also know that requiring Lebron to dominate the ball this deep into his career is asking for trouble.

These Laker kids haven't played with a vet that will draw double and triple teams like Lebron; that alone should spike their development and efficiency.
i gueses we shall see how it works out

i guess i would say asking for trouble is taking the ball out of LeBron's hands, and putting non-shooters on the floor that can leave their guys to double lebron. That asking LeBron to play more as a big and the physical toll that it takes is asking for trouble. That not having the elite shooters that LeBron is used to have playing with him when he drives and kicks is asking for trouble.

every year Cleveland Miami knew that no matter how much shooting they had- they had to get more--- get Ray Allan- go and ahead Rashard Lewis--- get mike miller- cut him- go and get more shooting. Already have a ton of 3 pt shooting? Go and add Channing Frye?--- then go and add Kyle Korver. Go and get Greg Hill and Rodney Hood each shooting the hell outta the 3.

I just dont think having guys like Ball, Rondo, Stephenson, Beasley, etc.--- guys that can handle the ball without a doubt, but guys that just dont require NEAR the attention that their counterparts on Cleveland and Miami did.

Instead of having to be glued to Ray Allan or Kyle Korver- guys can now leave their man and put even more pressure on LeBron. If LeBron is playing more of the 4 or even the 5- he will take even more of a physical punishment than he used to walking the ball up and pounding it at the top of the 3 pt line like he used to so often in Cleveland and Miami.

I just dont think taking away those shooters, guaranteeing LeBron will see more double teams, having LeBron play more down low, and quickening the pace will be good for keeping LeBron fresh and healthy---

but we shall see.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i realize the differences between the two.

It doesn't appear that you do. There is more than one way to maximize Lebron's skills.

At this stage of his career, asking him to be the entire show like he was in Miami and Cleveland is just going to wear him down.

It's only been 2 pre-season games and limited minutes, but so far Lebron has been as efficient as ever and he isn't having to dominate the ball.

If that can continue through the regular season, the Lakers and Lebron will be just fine.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't appear that you do. There is more than one way to maximize Lebron's skills.

At this stage of his career, asking him to be the entire show like he was in Miami and Cleveland is just going to wear him down.

It's only been 2 pre-season games and limited minutes, but so far Lebron has been as efficient as ever and he isn't having to dominate the ball.

If that can continue through the regular season, the Lakers and Lebron will be just fine.
OH i understand- i just dont think its a good idea for all the reasons i outlined above.

Its just me- but i think wasting maybe the best player in the worlds best skill set- his playmaking- and writing off his age 34 season to develop young kids is just not smart.

but again- we shall see.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH i understand- i just dont think its a good idea for all the reasons i outlined above.

Its just me- but i think wasting maybe the best player in the worlds best skill set- his playmaking- and writing off his age 34 season to develop young kids is just not smart.

but again- we shall see.

Not as dumb as trading all that young talent away for a shot at a title or two with overpriced vets. That's what teams without a history of championships do; the Lakers are building a long term contender with Lebron helping to guide them through their growing pains. The pursuit of instant gratification is fools gold.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as dumb as trading all that young talent away for a shot at a title or two with overpriced vets. That's what teams without a history of championships do; the Lakers are building a long term contender with Lebron helping to guide them through their growing pains. The pursuit of instant gratification is fools gold.
yah i guess we shall see.

My thought is- you have maybe the best player who has ever lived with prob. about 2 really great years left- id try and take advantage of that as much as I possibly could.

ESpecially considering its not like it looks like Ball or Ingram are gonna become a Porzingis or Mitchell or Jokic level type player.

I mean- it seems to me that most of the Lakers eggs are in the "hope we get a high level FA next summer basket".

If they dont get a high level FA next summer it would seem highly highly unlikely that LeBron has any kind of major success there (ie getting to or winning a Finals).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have dealt Ingram in a Kawhi deal without a second thought. Kawhi is still just what? 26 or 27? His prime lines up with LeBron's and even 3-4 years from now when LeBron is declining Kawhi would still have plenty of great years left. It would give you without a doubt the best 1-2 combo in the league and would have made it interesting at least with the Warriors.

Now- if you get Kawhi in FA next summer- it will have been the right move to have waited- but as we saw with George- thinks can change very quickly in the NBA.

If the Lakers do not sign a major FA next summer I fail to see how they will be good enough to compete for a title- esp. considering at some point Ingram/Ball/Kuzma will be up for extensions that will take up cap space.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have dealt Ingram in a Kawhi deal without a second thought. Kawhi is still just what? 26 or 27? His prime lines up with LeBron's and even 3-4 years from now when LeBron is declining Kawhi would still have plenty of great years left. It would give you without a doubt the best 1-2 combo in the league and would have made it interesting at least with the Warriors.

Now- if you get Kawhi in FA next summer- it will have been the right move to have waited- but as we saw with George- thinks can change very quickly in the NBA.

If the Lakers do not sign a major FA next summer I fail to see how they will be good enough to compete for a title- esp. considering at some point Ingram/Ball/Kuzma will be up for extensions that will take up cap space.

I'm glad things changed with George. At that time, there was expectation of Kawhi being available. The real move to be made is for AD though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad things changed with George. At that time, there was expectation of Kawhi being available. The real move to be made is for AD though.
oh here we go

first it was George--- than Kawhi- and now AD- who still has 2 years under contract.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh here we go

first it was George--- than Kawhi- and now AD- who still has 2 years under contract.

AD is the real prize, but I didn't say he was necessarily obtainable. The real weakness for the Lakers is at the center position, and it's also the harder position to fill.

George was a nice story when the Lakers didn't have any commitments yet. I like Hart's upside (and price) much more than George, who would've been playing out of position. Kawhi would be welcomed with open arms of course, but that's far from a given. AD would have to be a trade, and that would take a serious leap of faith to trade guys the team has tried to build around to date. However, if guys like Hart and Kuzma really emerge this year and become desirable chips, who knows. AD did just change his agent to Lebron's...just sayin.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD is the real prize, but I didn't say he was necessarily obtainable. The real weakness for the Lakers is at the center position, and it's also the harder position to fill.

George was a nice story when the Lakers didn't have any commitments yet. I like Hart's upside (and price) much more than George, who would've been playing out of position. Kawhi would be welcomed with open arms of course, but that's far from a given. AD would have to be a trade, and that would take a serious leap of faith to trade guys the team has tried to build around to date. However, if guys like Hart and Kuzma really emerge this year and become desirable chips, who knows. AD did just change his agent to Lebron's...just sayin.
if anyone ends of trading for DAvis I cant see any team other than Boston pulling it off. They have been waiting ot pounce on that and have players/assets that can trump anything any other team can put together- esp. LA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers view this season's team as a collection of multidimensional playmakers who are fit to run whether James is pressing the ball or filling the lane.

James, however, is in his 16th season. He turns 34 in December. While he has managed his back pain in recent years to stave off Father Time, he's still the same guy who said this about his aching body four years ago:

"I have 41,000 minutes in my career, including the playoffs," James said in December 2014, his first season of his second stint with the Cavaliers. "You drive that car in the wintertime and see what happens."

Of course, Southern California winters are easier to contend with than Northeast Ohio's frozen months, but his odometer has now rolled past 54,000 minutes.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are the 4th best team in Cali lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but again- we shall see.

Here is why you are a huge hypocrite though.

Staying in Cleveland would have been just as much of a waste. 0.0% chance a LeBron led Cavs team would have won a title this year. The Lakers current pieces are better than the Cavs current pieces.

They might not fit LeBron quite as well and they are in the West. But LeBron wasn't winning jack this year if he stayed in Cleveland. That roster just isn't good.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why you are a huge hypocrite though.

Staying in Cleveland would have been just as much of a waste. 0.0% chance a LeBron led Cavs team would have won a title this year. The Lakers current pieces are better than the Cavs current pieces.

They might not fit LeBron quite as well and they are in the West. But LeBron wasn't winning jack this year if he stayed in Cleveland. That roster just isn't good.
obviously you have not read shit out of anything i have written.

Last summer the Cavs would have had Paul George if LeBron committed. The only thing holding it up was not protecting picks that would go to the Pacers. Ya think Kyrie/George/LeBron would have had a chance in last years finals?

or how about even this year- the Cavs would ABSOLUTELY be in on Jimmy Butler and trade what it takes to get him adding him to Love and James.

or as a i said- if BASKETBALL was actually what mattered the Sixers and Rockets were both great options.

And please - this is coming from the same persons that said the Cavs had zero shot of beating the Warriors in so you have ZERO credibility.

Pieces? are you drunk? Sexton will be better than Ball. Love is head and shoulders better than anyone the Lakers have. The Lakers front court is absolute hot garbage defensively. Kuzma looks like he could be solid offensively at least.

There is a nonzero chance the Lakers MISS the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers are the 4th best team in Cali lol
lol.....i dunno if i would go THAT far. I would have to go 2nd.

All though who knows- the Clips with West kind of running things could make some interesting moves. If they land Butler it gets close thats for sure.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ad2da09f7db5ff0e9654102eba02352d

gross

I guess he knows his audience- all the FAR LEFT libs in Cali.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep inside we all on this thread know that unless warriors find a way to keep that band together that sometime in the next 3 years LBJ will be playing in a finals.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep inside we all on this thread know that unless warriors find a way to keep that band together that sometime in the next 3 years LBJ will be playing in a finals.

so....he is being traded to Dallas then?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously you have not read shit out of anything i have written.

Last summer the Cavs would have had Paul George if LeBron committed. The only thing holding it up was not protecting picks that would go to the Pacers. Ya think Kyrie/George/LeBron would have had a chance in last years finals?

or how about even this year- the Cavs would ABSOLUTELY be in on Jimmy Butler and trade what it takes to get him adding him to Love and James.

or as a i said- if BASKETBALL was actually what mattered the Sixers and Rockets were both great options.

And please - this is coming from the same persons that said the Cavs had zero shot of beating the Warriors in so you have ZERO credibility.

Pieces? are you drunk? Sexton will be better than Ball. Love is head and shoulders better than anyone the Lakers have. The Lakers front court is absolute hot garbage defensively. Kuzma looks like he could be solid offensively at least.

There is a nonzero chance the Lakers MISS the playoffs.

They might have had a 15% chance if everyone was healthy and playing. Since Kyrie wasn't playing last spring and had allegedly threatened to get surgery and miss the season if not traded, that is really just a pipe dream by you. Very slim chance those 3 would have actually appeared in playoff games together. If they did, Still not as good as the Rockets or even close to GS.

And I have read some of your posts. Or the first couple lines at least. As for Jimmy Butler? Unless you are giving Love and Sexton, you don't have enough. Sorry. Minny has a pretty high asking price. Also, your Butler idea ignores the fact that Butler has stated he does not want to play with LeBron.