• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post-Hunt, how will the Chiefs fare?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt that the Mahomes/Hill/Hunt troika has helped produce one of the most successful offenses in the NFL. Hunt is one of the most versatile running/pass catching backs out there and his contribution to the team's fortunes cannot be understated. 1200+ yards from scrimmage, 14 TDs. The man flat out balls.

So the questions are how will Hunt's departure impact this high powered offense? Were his numbers as much a by-product of the system as they were from his raw talent? How much can Spencer Ware make up filling in Hunt's spot? And how do you think this will affect the overall morale of the team? I'd especially like to see some diehard Chiefs fans weigh in on this, as they know their team better than those who follow other teams.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they’ll be fine. Ware ain’t no Hunt, but he’s serviceable in both the run and pass game. It’s not like the Chiefs have been relying on the legs of Hunt, Mahommes and the passing attach are still key.

I’d be worried about coach Reid choking

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No difference
I think they’ll be fine. Ware ain’t no Hunt, but he’s serviceable in both the run and pass game. It’s not like the Chiefs have been relying on the legs of Hunt, Mahommes and the passing attach are still key.

I’d be worried about coach Reid choking
So I take it that you both must adhere to the opinion that Hunt's success is primarily system-driven than a result of his physical talents. Not so sure I agree, but my knowledge of how the Chiefs operate is quite limited.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I take it that you both must adhere to the opinion that Hunt's success is primarily system-driven than a result of his physical talents. Not so sure I agree, but my knowledge of how the Chiefs operate is quite limited.
No, im saying he drop off in production will not be significant and will not hurt the Chiefs. A primary reason to this is the Chiefs dominant passing attack. Hunt is a very talented back but he wasn’t carrying the team to wins like other back are asked to do.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best way I’d put it is this:

I think Hunt is arguably top 3, or even 1 if you simply value successful carries over anything else, but Ware is arguably a top 12 type back when healthy. It’s more about position value; the gap between the top and average is very minimal when you try to isolate their performances.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs are effective because they create matchup difficulties all over the place on offense. Hunt was a part of that... now he isn’t. They still create matchup difficulties but they lost one of them when they lost him.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs are effective because they create matchup difficulties all over the place on offense. Hunt was a part of that... now he isn’t. They still create matchup difficulties but they lost one of them when they lost him.
Luckily Ware is a good receiver and runner, or I would be a lot more bothered. It’s like getting the knockoff version as insurance.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best way I’d put it is this:

I think Hunt is arguably top 3, or even 1 if you simply value successful carries over anything else, but Ware is arguably a top 12 type back when healthy. It’s more about position value; the gap between the top and average is very minimal when you try to isolate their performances.
Again, I have to take a back seat to folks like you who follow the team a lot more than me. But it's hard for me to overlook those 1200 yards from scrimmage along with those 14 TDs. Now of course a chunk of Hunt's numbers would be absorbed simply by having someone else (like Ware) in his place. I get that. But I still have to wonder if something, some dynamic of sorts will be missing with Hunt off the field. It will be interesting to see how the Chiefs hold court from this point forward. I guess if you had to face an opponent immediately after this fiasco, what better one than the Raiders.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily Ware is a good receiver and runner, or I would be a lot more bothered. It’s like getting the knockoff version as insurance.

I honesty don’t know anything about him. He should be at least somewhat effective because KC still has a ton of offensive talent that needs a defenses attention.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honesty don’t know anything about him. He should be at least somewhat effective because KC still has a ton of offensive talent that needs a defenses attention.
He was top 10 in scrimmage yards his last year starting and has a career YPC of 4.7 (same as Hunt) and a better yards per reception. Power guy. He’s better than people seem to remember

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were going to lose in the playoffs either way

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ware gets hurt is when the real questions start with the Chiefs at RB.

It’s one thing to replace hunt, it’s another to give carries to Damien Williams and friends.

I’d stan Kelce as the FB.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ware gets hurt is when the real questions start with the Chiefs at RB.

It’s one thing to replace hunt, it’s another to give carries to Damien Williams and friends.

Thought you said, "RB's don't matter"? ;-)