• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KC @ Bears - First preseason game

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just about upon us gang. Tomorrow is the first of three preseason games, and it's against an incredibly tough opponent. Granted, preseason games, particularly the first one, doesn't mean much when it comes to a win or loss. The Chiefs obviously are not going to remotely show their best stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if Mahomes doesn't even bother suiting up or if he plays at all, maybe a series or two tops. Like most diehard Bears fans, I'm much more curious as to who the Bears will trot out in their opening series and beyond. I think we're likely to see on our end more starters and left in a bit longer at that. I'd be mildly shocked if Fields isn't out there for at least a series or two, altho to reduce the risk of injury, I'd prefer he plays no more than two series max. I don't even care of both are just 3-n-outs. And no deep drop backs which only increase the risk of a sack and potential injury. Either runs or quick set ups for the pass. As for individuals, I'm probably more curious how Braxton Jones handles his duties at LT than any other single player. Aside from this, I'll otherwise focus in general on keeping an eye out for players who are on the roster bubble.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st series of pre-season. Bears starters vs KC starters.

3 and out ending with a Fields sack. Punt.

10+ play drive for a TD by KC.

About right.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised with the drop back situations Reid is putting Mahomes in. He took a couple of actual shots on that drive and held the ball very long on a couple 3rd downs. He could have really taken a hard hit running around on that 3rd down he converted to get KC inside of our 10.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva play by Mooney.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last draft, Bears picked some players... Brisker, Jones. Ebner.... Plus some nice signings.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last draft, Bears picked some players... Brisker, Jones. Ebner.... Plus some nice signings.
Outside of the first offensive and defensive series. I would say today was mostly positive. Especially considering that Mahomes going down for a TD on a D that was playing their first series together (minus Roquan) isn't exactly a shock. Also, considering that our expectations aren't high. If anything, I was more rolling my eyes at the sack of Fields on 3rd down for the 3 and out.

At least the D bounced back playing great the rest of the way (I know, no Mahomes) and Fields/Mooney/Sharpe made some nice plays. Siemian threw some nice balls and looked better than the 2's/3's he was on the field with. But I suppose that's expected as he is a legit veteran backup option.

Now, none of this shit in pre-season matters besides staying healthy. But... if I had to find something? I think the biggest bright spot is that we were hardly penalized. Eberflus's D was least penalized in NFL last year. This team was constantly penalized and making bonehead plays under Nagy the last couple of years. Might be a good sign of things to come and less frustration in that area.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some general observations:

-An enjoyable game overall, regardless of the outcome.
-I was surprised at how clean the game was. The 1st preseason games I've previously watched were often sloppy and penalty filled.
-No doubt the Chiefs 1st and mainly 2nd stringers were better than our 1st and mainly 2nd stringers.
-However, no doubt our 3rd and 4th stringers were heads-n-tails above their 3rd and 4th stringers.
-Very pleased with the performance by Trevor Siemian. I liked the signing at the time and so far he looks like a far better backup than previous QBs.
-Jack Sanborn is a keeper. To me, he was the defensive player of the game.
-Likewise on the O side of the ball, my vote goes to Tajae Sharpe.
-Overall, I'd say the OL did a decent job today. Allowed some sacks and pressures, but all in all, not a bad day for the line.
-So far color me impressed with the coaching effort on both sides of the ball. Flus has installed discipline and his H.I.T.S. philosophy shined thru today.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some general observations:

-An enjoyable game overall, regardless of the outcome.
-I was surprised at how clean the game was. The 1st preseason games I've previously watched were often sloppy and penalty filled.
-No doubt the Chiefs 1st and mainly 2nd stringers were better than our 1st and mainly 2nd stringers.
-However, no doubt our 3rd and 4th stringers were heads-n-tails above their 3rd and 4th stringers.
-Very pleased with the performance by Trevor Siemian. I liked the signing at the time and so far he looks like a far better backup than previous QBs.
-Jack Sanborn is a keeper. To me, he was the defensive player of the game.
-Likewise on the O side of the ball, my vote goes to Tajae Sharpe.
-Overall, I'd say the OL did a decent job today. Allowed some sacks and pressures, but all in all, not a bad day for the line.
-So far color me impressed with the coaching effort on both sides of the ball. Flus has installed discipline and his H.I.T.S. philosophy shined thru today.

It's preseason and all, but I'm really surprised that Sanborn wasn't drafted...that kid made play after play when he was on the field for UW...then again I didn't watch them much last year...but he was really good there for a long time. Good luck to him

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's preseason and all, but I'm really surprised that Sanborn wasn't drafted...that kid made play after play when he was on the field for UW...then again I didn't watch them much last year...but he was really good there for a long time. Good luck to him
Yeah, most analysts had him pegged to be taken in the draft, altho the later rounds at best, so I was jazzed when we were able to ink him as an UDFA. As you said, it's preseason and just one game at that, but if you get a chance to catch his highlights from yesterday, you'll see that he definitely stood out. And when you only have 3 games to prove yourself, you have to make every moment count. Sanborn did exactly that.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He moved up to the 2nd team today, though that could have something to do with the Saturday injury.