• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Game Skins vs Panthers Discussion

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason I don't post during games anymore and its simply because emotions are too high and rational thoughts are not there. So posting after having time to soak in the game leaves me with more rational thoughts and a better perspective imo.

We all know our MNF resume dating back a decade has been the worst as pointed out last night. Having said that, with our season on the line, we laid an egg just like Shark said we would. (Old savy veteran he is)
I would have not thought and didn't think our offense would go MIA last night but we did. I do NOT soley place blame in Cousins or any of the other players who couldn't block, catch passes or execute at a high level. There is plenty of blame to pass around and clearly, the head coach has to accept responsibility for last nights performance. I know, everyone in the locker room will "own it" but ultimately, the HDHIC has to step up and accept responsibility for his teams play last night. (I do not think he should be fired)

Now down to specifics of what I believe was the root of our problems on offense:
The 3 middle positions (LG, C, RG) were just overwhelmed last night. Fat Rob was barely getting the hand off before getting the sh*t kicked out of him. This happened roughly 10x he carried last night thus, no run game and the lack of getting open in the passing game because play action was a mute point. Cousins himself was off target on several throws and where do we start with the dropped balls, the vanilla offense and poor play calling. I said last week that Sullivan should have been kept at center with Long moving in at Guard. It didn't hurt that Shreff played his worst game of the year however, Lavau blows.

What I have the hardest time comprehending is, Jordan Reed is HURT! Why on God's green earth would you be playing him when he means so much to this offense and the franchise? Don't give me, "we follows doctors orders and he was cleared to play". If you have any common sense and value him as your best offense weapon, which he is, you would not put him in harms way. It was VERY clear he was still hurt and should not have been playing, period!

The defense is bad and it all starts with Barry. He is as good as gone as soon as the season ends. That will be improvement #1 however, if anyone thinks any player not named Kerrigan needs to be retained, your nuts. Yes, I like Smith potential but man, where the heck is he? I'm certainly not paying Baker, Hood, Jenkins or anyone else up there because they are simply ineffective. Spaight looks like he was playing his 2nd NFL game as a starter, Foster is useless and our secondary outside Norman is worthless.

This is really where we are at as a franchise. We have made strides, albeit baby steps but we are what we thought we were (average) and must keep building on what is simply a foundation with no walls, no roof and no family inside.

HTTR!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced Barry is gone. This coach simply does not like to make change. They keep poorly playing players on the field until they are forced to replace them due to injury rather than make them accountable.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced Barry is gone. This coach simply does not like to make change. They keep poorly playing players on the field until they are forced to replace them due to injury rather than make them accountable.
Did you watch Brian Mitchell's rant?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any place else two things would be assured

1. Kirk would be signed long term
2. Barry would be fired the morning after our last game when ever that comes.

But this is Ashburn we are talking about. Where a team devoid of defensive talent doesnt draft a D lineman until round five, and the two defensive player we did draft were a tweener and a guy coming off injury. So I would say stranger things have happened...

The twilight zone is Disney compared to Ashburn and the weirdness it inspires.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any place else two things would be assured

1. Kirk would be signed long term
2. Barry would be fired the morning after our last game when ever that comes.

But this is Ashburn we are talking about. Where a team devoid of defensive talent doesnt draft a D lineman until round five, and the two defensive player we did draft were a tweener and a guy coming off injury. So I would say stranger things have happened...

The twilight zone is Disney compared to Ashburn and the weirdness it inspires.
Now that's getting a little deep for our crowd Shark! I still for the life if me cannot figure out why we came out so flat with so much riding on this game. Just uninspiring all around. Does this say anything about the guy in charge or do we chalk this one up to the players not bringing the energy required to play this game?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's getting a little deep for our crowd Shark! I still for the life if me cannot figure out why we came out so flat with so much riding on this game. Just uninspiring all around. Does this say anything about the guy in charge or do we chalk this one up to the players not bringing the energy required to play this game?

I got to blame coaching, a lack talent in some areas and an over all sense of stupidity. I seriously thin they walked into this game thinking the Panthers were going to just lay down and not give an effort. There season for all intents is over barring some SERIOUS win/loss magic and the scrotial sack of a Dragon born to a leprechaun virgin.

We played this game like all we needed to do was show up.
To me thats on the coaches, and the supposed leaders of this team. I saw no fire, no want it from most of this team.

Sad part is.. as bad as the Bears record is..... Im expecting them to stomp a mud hole in this team. Because i think quite a few of OUR players have already started planning vacations for the first week of January, and no one wants a little thing like the playoffs to make them miss the yearly family trip to Cancun.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason I don't post during games anymore and its simply because emotions are too high and rational thoughts are not there. So posting after having time to soak in the game leaves me with more rational thoughts and a better perspective imo.

We all know our MNF resume dating back a decade has been the worst as pointed out last night. Having said that, with our season on the line, we laid an egg just like Shark said we would. (Old savy veteran he is)
I would have not thought and didn't think our offense would go MIA last night but we did. I do NOT soley place blame in Cousins or any of the other players who couldn't block, catch passes or execute at a high level. There is plenty of blame to pass around and clearly, the head coach has to accept responsibility for last nights performance. I know, everyone in the locker room will "own it" but ultimately, the HDHIC has to step up and accept responsibility for his teams play last night. (I do not think he should be fired)

Now down to specifics of what I believe was the root of our problems on offense:
The 3 middle positions (LG, C, RG) were just overwhelmed last night. Fat Rob was barely getting the hand off before getting the sh*t kicked out of him. This happened roughly 10x he carried last night thus, no run game and the lack of getting open in the passing game because play action was a mute point. Cousins himself was off target on several throws and where do we start with the dropped balls, the vanilla offense and poor play calling. I said last week that Sullivan should have been kept at center with Long moving in at Guard. It didn't hurt that Shreff played his worst game of the year however, Lavau blows.

What I have the hardest time comprehending is, Jordan Reed is HURT! Why on God's green earth would you be playing him when he means so much to this offense and the franchise? Don't give me, "we follows doctors orders and he was cleared to play". If you have any common sense and value him as your best offense weapon, which he is, you would not put him in harms way. It was VERY clear he was still hurt and should not have been playing, period!

The defense is bad and it all starts with Barry. He is as good as gone as soon as the season ends. That will be improvement #1 however, if anyone thinks any player not named Kerrigan needs to be retained, your nuts. Yes, I like Smith potential but man, where the heck is he? I'm certainly not paying Baker, Hood, Jenkins or anyone else up there because they are simply ineffective. Spaight looks like he was playing his 2nd NFL game as a starter, Foster is useless and our secondary outside Norman is worthless.

This is really where we are at as a franchise. We have made strides, albeit baby steps but we are what we thought we were (average) and must keep building on what is simply a foundation with no walls, no roof and no family inside.

HTTR!

Agree with a lot of what you said. The tackles didn't play well either. Trent had a good play when he shoved Fat Rob in the end zone.

Knowing our team history the past 20 years I have no idea what will happen. Barry could be back, hell Gruden could be gone. Don't think so but who knows. It is going to be an interesting to see what the FO does this off season. First lets at least get a win and have back to back winning seasons ..... low hanging fruit. :lol:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are only in year 2, we are on the right track. But again getting absolutely nothing out of the entire draft class through 14 games simply can not be ignored, it was a big factor. Really need Cravens and Fuller to develop.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it that Carolina was iffy at corner. But I didn't understand all the high risk, hard to complete sidelines throws. Kirk has shown for years that his strength is hitting that 10-20 throw inside the hash marks. We saw one deep in that was completed, of course, but the vast majority of throws went to the sidelines.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it that Carolina was iffy at corner. But I didn't understand all the high risk, hard to complete sidelines throws. Kirk has shown for years that his strength is hitting that 10-20 throw inside the hash marks. We saw one deep in that was completed, of course, but the vast majority of throws went to the sidelines.
I agree. Those are really tough throws. I guess they were trying to set up the CBs for the up and out, but the Safeties were playing 20 yds deep. Another reason why the middle of the field should have been open.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Those are really tough throws. I guess they were trying to set up the CBs for the up and out, but the Safeties were playing 20 yds deep. Another reason why the middle of the field should have been open.

Carolina did their homework.

We strugle scoring in the redzone. Alot of our points come from the deep ball walk in or thrown into the endzone from 30 yards out stuff.

By dropping the safety deep, and keeping every thing in front of them, they dared us to get in the redzone and score.

We showed that we still cant do that on a consistent basis.

This, and developing a run game should be the primary offensive focus of this team going forward.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch Brian Mitchell's rant?

Mitchell can rant all he wants but he's not part of the coaching staff and has no say in who's on it. That is solely up to Gruden and I'm not sure he will sack Barry. Hail if Haslett hadn't resigned then he may still be the D-Coordinator here?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we got a lot out of cravens, the 2nd rounder plays starters minutes and has made plays for us in wins not getting anything from dox hurts fuller gave us 8 starts and the experience was invaluable to him and us

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way to beat the Redskins offense is with a good zone defense. The way the Redskins combat a good zone D is to run the ball enough that the LBs can't get deep drops. 11 rushes does not account for "run the ball enough." Carolina also used more pressure as the game went on. Especially when they new the Skins weren't going to run.

Although the out route is a long throw it is the safest throw because usually only one defender is in the area. Of course you can't leave it inside or and it has to have some sauce on it because if you make a mistake it goes for 6 the other way. There are a lot more defenders inside. When Cousins did make a mistake there they were able to hold them to 3.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically what we are talking about here are two things, 1. Carolina knowing that they could stop the run and 2. Carolina taking away what Kirk does best. Some say that he uncharacteristically had a bad game, did he? or did Carolina force that bad game? This is a copy cat league, the answer to that question has yet to be answered! Let's not pretend that the answer is clear.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, basically what we are talking about here are two things, 1. Carolina knowing that they could stop the run and 2. Carolina taking away what Kirk does best. Some say that he uncharacteristically had a bad game, did he? or did Carolina force that bad game? This is a copy cat league, the answer to that question has yet to be answered! Let's not pretend that the answer is clear.

IF this team doesnt stomp a riotous thats no moon its a space station sized mud hole in the bears this week.... every one should be questioned, from GM to water boy. We were out coached, we gave the QB about as much help as tech support named Steve with a thick Indian accent, and the entire team took it like.. oh well we lost.

Until the entire team gets head out of ass when it matters, you cant question any single player, coach or GM. They all need to be lined up and pimp slapped for the shit show Monday night.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF this team doesnt stomp a riotous thats no moon its a space station sized mud hole in the bears this week.... every one should be questioned, from GM to water boy. We were out coached, we gave the QB about as much help as tech support named Steve with a thick Indian accent, and the entire team took it like.. oh well we lost.

Until the entire team gets head out of ass when it matters, you cant question any single player, coach or GM. They all need to be lined up and pimp slapped for the shit show Monday night.

I absolutely love the genius of sites like this one in that it really gives rise to opinions often cross threads. For a lot of posters here there are beliefs that this team has failed in it's quest to step up and play to the expectations of its' followers. For others like myself, the proof is in the putting. They are what they are! Expecting them to be more than what they have within themselves is, again, IMHO asking for disappointment. How many times have we read from a fellow poster that there was too much emotion invested in a particular game that they didn't want to post? Or the figurative missile toss of the remote at the game tube? I refuse to invest in average, to me it would be a better investment to place my money in the street during a tornado.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW: for all of us who are "old heads" I know that there is that burning desire to see another SB run before become a boxed lunch for gophers, moles and worms, but please don't let your wants put you there faster by getting too wound up in average. We have all seen playoff and SB's with this organization, the comparison is there for us to rely upon. We have to be truthful and instructive to the younguns who also live and die with this team.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW: for all of us who are "old heads" I know that there is that burning desire to see another SB run before become a boxed lunch for gophers, moles and worms, but please don't let your wants put you there faster by getting too wound up in average. We have all seen playoff and SB's with this organization, the comparison is there for us to rely upon. We have to be truthful and instructive to the younguns who also live and die with this team.

Sorry boss, but I have gone to 4 of the 5 Super Bowls this team played in. The last one I missed for a little thing in Kuwait. I would sell national secrets to take my Dad and my Sons to a Redskins Super Bowl before one or both of us dies. As I said before... this aint the NFL we grew up with. What we did when you were a 20 something and I was a teenager is never coming back... we evolve or else.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry boss, but I have gone to 4 of the 5 Super Bowls this team played in. The last one I missed for a little thing in Kuwait. I would sell national secrets to take my Dad and my Sons to a Redskins Super Bowl before one or both of us dies. As I said before... this aint the NFL we grew up with. What we did when you were a 20 something and I was a teenager is never coming back... we evolve or else.

I'm never going to settle for this average shit the NFL is selling, guess it's "or else" for my ole' ass!!