• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Five Early Predictions for the 2020-21 Season

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more along the lines of a Kevin Love/Julius Randle swap.

According to RealGM, the Knicks were in the market to gamble on a disgruntled star. I'm sure the Cavs may have to throw in a second rounder or two to sweeten the deal. I'm sure you would do this. Correct me if I'm wrong if otherwise...

A full season of Drummond would help as well, provided he opts into the last year of his contract.

@CitySushi You make some valid points in your post and I'll reply to it later on.

"I was thinking"

Why? Nothing good ever happens when you try to do that.

Oh yeah when you said Porter will be the foundation for the Nuggets does that mean they get rid of the Joker? The Nuggets offense runs through him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to RealGM, the Knicks were in the market to gamble on a disgruntled star. I'm sure the Cavs may have to throw in a second rounder or two to sweeten the deal. I'm sure you would do this. Correct me if I'm wrong if otherwise...

A full season of Drummond would help as well, provided he opts into the last year of his contract.

@CitySushi You make some valid points in your post and I'll reply to it later on.

That's an interesting trade idea.

Love makes more than Randle, so the Cavs would likely have to take back one more player to get the salaries close enough, but they're within about $10 million of each other, so they could just throw in a filler or 2.

They might even be able to find a 3rd team, maybe a playoff team or near playoff team that thinks Love's shooting could help them, to help facilitate the trade.

I think the biggest obstacle would be that Love isn't set to become an FA until 2023.

Makes sense for the Cavs because Randle fits in better with their young team and it would make sense for the Knicks who are rebuilding...especially if they can get some draft picks out of the deal and not actually have to take Love.

And no @dtgold88 that last sentence isn't the dig at Love that it looks like. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Love makes more than Randle, so the Cavs would likely have to take back one more player to get the salaries close enough, but they're within about $10 million of each other, so they could just throw in a filler or 2.

They might even be able to find a 3rd team, maybe a playoff team or near playoff team that thinks Love's shooting could help them, to help facilitate the trade.

I think the biggest obstacle would be that Love isn't set to become an FA until 2023.

Makes sense for the Cavs because Randle fits in better with their young team and it would make sense for the Knicks who are rebuilding...especially if they can get some draft picks out of the deal and not actually have to take Love.

And no @dtgold88 that last sentence isn't the dig at Love that it looks like. lol

No.

It is the reality of Kevin Love’s situation and value on his current contract.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The Celtics won't win it all

2. If I keep talkin' shit about the Lakers some of their fans will get angry

3. buckyboy will continue to butcher the english language as he tries to insult people (and yes he'll be swinging on the Greek Freak's nuts like they're a jungle gym)

4. Kyrie will be disgusted with the city of Brooklyn before the season ends

5. James Harden will get his beard stuck in a strippers g string during all star game weekend

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

It is the reality of Kevin Love’s situation and value on his current contract.

If I understand what you are saying correctly, that was kind of my point when I mentioned the FA obstacle.

He's an older player who has a big contract and hasn't shown much ability to stay healthy. If he had 1 year left or 1 year with an option....that would be much more palatable than having to pay him $30 million a year for 3 more years.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I understand what you are saying correctly, that was kind of my point when I mentioned the FA obstacle.

He's an older player who has a big contract and hasn't shown much ability to stay healthy. If he had 1 year left or 1 year with an option....that would be much more palatable than having to pay him $30 million a year for 3 more years.

I know.

Just wanted to reiterate it for certain knuckleheads who refuse to admit the contract tanked Love’s trade value the day he signed it.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think from Memphis standpoint they would love it, but I can't see a reason why the Spurs would do it. Kyle Anderson is not even a starting caliber player at this point. Add that he's got nearly 17M left spread out over the next two years and you're really not getting any value back. Dieng is nothing more than an expiring/backup big. And then you have a 2nd round pick which is nice, but not enough.

The Spurs would be better off just letting Derozan walk than taking back another 10M in 2022 for Anderson.

I think a trade of Dillon Brooks, Grayson Allen and Dieng for Derozan is more fair market.

The Spurs would get two talented young players for Derozan and some cap relief. Memphis gets a fringe All-star to play with Morant and still have Jaren Jackson, Valanciunus, Winslow, Brandon Clarke. If they stay healthy, that's a playoff team, and a dangerous one.

I just think the Drummond trade set the market for overpriced players soon to hit free agency.

I could see Grayson Allen being included in a deal for DeRozan, but there's no chance in hell Memphis would include Brooks in such a deal considering they just gave him an extension plus the fact that he is essentially the only shooter on their current roster.

From the Spurs perspective, yeah that last year of Anderson's deal could be seen as a turn-off. That said, the worst case scenario is that he provides a future expiring and the fact that he's a former Spur from the 2017-18 team that finished in the top tier defensively with him as a starter and playing all but nine games without Kawhi Leonard.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's call that guy "Wayne Ellington".

Julius Randle and Wayne Ellington in exchange for Kevin Love and two second round picks may be something the Knicks would consider. Love and Mitchell Robinson wouldn't be the worst frontcourt combo. That's a franchise that needs to stop fooling itself when expecting a free agent band-aid to fall into their laps.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Makes sense for the Cavs. I know NYK are rebuilding but not sure how Love factors into their gameplan but throwing in a late draft pick and/or taking back another contract would possibly be part of the trade, like you said.

If Drummond is demanding huge money after I would think opting in...he needs to go. Plain and simple. That being said, I would like to see a full season of Drummond in CLE bc why not.

I hope you are right about Garland. I just don't see Sexton-Garland working out long-term so there will come a time one needs to go...even though Sexton keeps progressing he seems like the most viable option to be gone.

Garland is still so young. Porter Jr. is stil so young as well. One could become a star, we really have no idea. Now, I still think this years' draft is a huge draft for the Cavs. I mean think about Garland and Porter Jr progressing to be all-star type players...you make the right pick in the 2020 draft and you might be very well set for the future.

Obi Toppin is interesting. They need a wing and he has some Kawhi traits.
Anthony Edwards? You have Sexton, Porter Jr is more of a SG than wing but could play wing. That would be a dilemma.
James Wiseman - let him learn under Drummond than let Drummond walk and you have your future big man.

Last edited:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think the Drummond trade set the market for overpriced players soon to hit free agency.

I could see Grayson Allen being included in a deal for DeRozan, but there's no chance in hell Memphis would include Brooks in such a deal considering they just gave him an extension plus the fact that he is essentially the only shooter on their current roster.

From the Spurs perspective, yeah that last year of Anderson's deal could be seen as a turn-off. That said, the worst case scenario is that he provides a future expiring and the fact that he's a former Spur from the 2017-18 team that finished in the top tier defensively with him as a starter and playing all but nine games without Kawhi Leonard.

I get what you're saying, I just don't see the upside here for the Spurs to trade Derozan for that deal. Just my opinion.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I was thinking"

Why? Nothing good ever happens when you try to do that.

Oh yeah when you said Porter will be the foundation for the Nuggets does that mean they get rid of the Joker? The Nuggets offense runs through him.

God, what an imbecile you are. You can have more than one foundational piece, nimrod. And that's not even including Jamal Murray.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.

Just wanted to reiterate it for certain knuckleheads who refuse to admit the contract tanked Love’s trade value the day he signed it.

I swear for the life of me that I haven't seen a single Cavs fan overstate Love's trade value. In fact, pretty much all of them have agreed that it was a bad signing.

You don't need to sugarcoat it: You hate the city of Cleveland and everything associated with it except for one guy.

(And in spite of the fact that you've never actually been there)...

I get what you're saying, I just don't see the upside here for the Spurs to trade Derozan for that deal. Just my opinion.

The upside is that they could improve their once-vaunted defense and at least get something in return for DeRozan without blatantly tanking like the Pistons did when they dealt Drummond.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God, what an imbecile you are. You can have more than one foundational piece, nimrod. And that's not even including Jamal Murray.

How heartbroken are you now that they've closed down the local middle schools?

Or are you getting some source material from Earl Bradley to keep you going?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear for the life of me that I haven't seen a single Cavs fan overstate Love's trade value. In fact, pretty much all of them have agreed that it was a bad signing.

You don't need to sugarcoat it: You hate the city of Cleveland and everything associated with it except for one guy.

(And in spite of the fact that you've never actually been there)...

The upside is that they could improve their once-vaunted defense and at least get something in return for DeRozan without blatantly tanking like the Pistons did when they dealt Drummond.

Almost Everything you post is just wrong.

We have like 4 Cavs fans that post here. @WiggyRuss swore the extension enhanced Love’s value and @dtgold88 still refuses to admit that it hurt his value because he claims “we don’t know for sure if they could have traded him on a 1 year deal”. Which is total BS.

So that is 2 out of 4.

And no, I don’t hate Cleveland at all. The truth is that one of my favorite things to do here is call people out on stupid stuff they post. Which is why I respond to so much of your drivel. Since there are a couple Cleveland homers who make biased claims about their teams, I tend to get in a lot of back and forth arguments with them. I relate perfectly well with posters like @Shanemansj13 who has the ability to be objective about his team.

And I have been to Cleveland multiple times. So like most of the assumptions you make, wrong again. Even then, whether or not I have been to a city has absolutely no bearing on what I write about their team.

You fail see what is really going on and you continue to hyper focus on your personal narratives. The main one at the moment is that you think everything NBA related is about LeBron. And while he is the game’s biggest star, you are trying way too hard here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost Everything you post is just wrong.

We have like 4 Cavs fans that post here. @WiggyRuss swore the extension enhanced Love’s value and @dtgold88 still refuses to admit that it hurt his value because he claims “we don’t know for sure if they could have traded him on a 1 year deal”. Which is total BS.

So that is 2 out of 4.

And no, I don’t hate Cleveland at all. The truth is that one of my favorite things to do here is call people out on stupid stuff they post. Which is why I respond to so much of your drivel. Since there are a couple Cleveland homers who make biased claims about their teams, I tend to get in a lot of back and forth arguments with them. I relate perfectly well with posters like @Shanemansj13 who has the ability to be objective about his team.

And I have been to Cleveland multiple times. So like most of the assumptions you make, wrong again. Even then, whether or not I have been to a city has absolutely no bearing on what I write about their team.

You fail see what is really going on and you continue to hyper focus on your personal narratives. The main one at the moment is that you think everything NBA related is about LeBron. And while he is the game’s biggest star, you are trying way too hard here.
we know for sure a team would take Love for half a season not knowing he would stay? OK...maybe throw in an extrme when you reply.

I actually get ripped for calling people out on mistakes...but I enjoy it, too. admittedly, I sometimes go too far knowing many wont own up to their errors.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we know for sure a team would take Love for half a season not knowing he would stay? OK...maybe throw in an extrme when you reply.

I actually get ripped for calling people out on mistakes...but I enjoy it, too. admittedly, I sometimes go too far knowing many wont own up to their errors.
Also you go too far when you're completely wrong.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're not even a real Nuggets fan. Go find another teams bandwagon to jump on.

Last edited: